RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #6401
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

That sounds horrific! Hopefully now things are movign along its all back to normal soon!!

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #6402
squirrelspit

I am currently:

When Sauls a teenager and refusing to shower you'll be like

'lololol Saul, there was a time when we were having a nightmare with the bathrooms and we had to take you to my parents to have a bath every night and now you wont shower'.

It'll be ok. Its horrid and stressful now but remember, it wont be forever. They should give you some kind of discount or something.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #6403
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Oliver is getting along fantastically.

I made a friend at baby group. We've seen each other outside of group and everything! Its so lovely to have someone to talk to who also has a baby, and im normally so terrible at talkin to people. I think it makes it a lot easier when you have a baby to talk about.

Saying that, poor sausage has diarrhoea, and has done for the last 3 days, his tummy doesnt seem to ache or anything, he is just as smiley as ever, but where we are changing his nappy so often hes got s bit of a sore bum. I had him completely nappyless for about an hour yesterday trying to get some air to it and that.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #6404
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Lucas had his 12 month injections today am he was so good just cried once and that was it. I'm a very proud mummy.

We also showed the nurse his terrible nappy rash that has started to bleed its so sore and she said it is fungal so has given us some cream. I hope it clears up soon it's horrible watching him shake in pain when we wipe his bum or touch the rash. I'm just abit annoyed because we went to the parmacy and they don't have the cream untill tomorrow so he has to suffer but the nurse did say he was finally teething which is why the rash is so bad

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:21 AM   #6405
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

You could try natural yogurt in the meantime for a fungal rash, also try gently rinsing off instead of wiping, baking soda helps ease irritation and soreness in a bath, also I found out of all creams bepanthen worked the best, it stuck a bit better so protected a bit more. Ella's gt horrible eczema on her bum, she's happy free in the day now and no improvement, but it doesn't seem itchy or sore so i'm just using sudocrem on it to protect it a bit.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #6406
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Jasmine had a really bad rash, sore and bleeding (she wasn't actually bothered though.)
And we were told to get some canesten (sp?) Over the counter. She'd had the rash for a couple of weeks, applied the cream twice, totally disappeared.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #6407
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

bathroom seems to be coming along nicely Mr K now phoning me every day, has even offered to change taps that Saul has been playing with (cause i mentioned they were too easy and was worried he might flood the bathroom!) not going to take him up on it tho as i quite like them. they have started tiling and there were problems with the floor tiles and border i had chosen and he came out to see me and sorted it out, got a guy to go to the tile shop the same night so that he could send samples the next day for me to choose one! he has said he is sending 2 guys on monday to hurry the job along. should not have taken me tracking him to the show room for this to happen but, the end is now in site!

Charlie get some metatanium
its the best nappy rash cream ever, we discovered it by accident when we got extra club card points for buying it, I recomended it to all my friends and now its all we use, alot of creams like sudo cream are only barrier creams so ok for redness, or to form a 'barrier' between babys skin and the urine or poo! but metatanium is an anti bacterial healing cream and actually works where the skin has broken down to help it heal
Saul got really bad nappy rash when he was teething and it was gone within 2 days when we used it.

if his diarrhoea doesn't clear up by Monday I would take him to the doctor, he is at risk of becoming dehydrated and it would be worth getting it checked out

Last edited by D-liscious : 10-11-2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: silly spelling mistake

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #6408
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Thanks we got the cream now and started it this morning and there is a slight improvement it's not bleedy anymore.

It's good to hear they are finally doing something about your bathroom
X

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #6409
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

My niece has suspected chicken pox. Elliot was with her on Saturday afternoon. They were in close contact. He had a slight cough before he saw her but yesterday got a bad cold and cough.

What do people reckon the chances are he's caught it?

It's his 1st birthday party on Saturday and he's supposed to have 13 of his little friends over none of which have had chicken pox. I have a feeling it may be cancelled!

:(

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #6410
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

To be honest, it's fairly likely.
Find out if your neice really has got it first before panicking. However, if he has a cold and cough his immune system is probably more vulnerable too.
You might have to cancel the party.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #6411
squirrelspit

I am currently:

could you not turn it into a joined birthday/chicken pox party?

im sure its a common thing for people to go and rub their children all over a child with chicken pox when theyre young.

Debs, we bought some of that cream thank you.

Old 13-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #6412
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Id prolly just tell the other parents he may have it n let them decide if they want to bring their kids - my mum used to jump at the chance to rub me on other kids with it until i got them lol!

Great to hear the bathroom is coming along nicely - just a such a shame it took you chasing them down like that!!!

We have a 3D ultrasound booked for next saturday, decided it was worth the money as its my personal money anyway and i never spend it on anything except books lol. Am interested to see if it will look creepy or not, plus get a extra confirmation that we're having a boy not a girl!!!

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #6413
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Well his cousin definitely has chicken pox. So it's likely he's been exposed to them. He's absolutely loaded with cold and running a fever so I'm quite worried he's got the early stages. Will wait till Friday before we decide what to do next. If he does get them ill probably rearrange his party for a few weeks time as he doesn't know any different anyway. Will just have family over as planned on Saturday. Typical!

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #6414
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

did it help Charlie? has he still got diarrhoea?

bathroom nightmare continues! been in tears all day,

health visitor came, apparently i have all the signs of post natal depression *head desk* she suggested i visit the gp, like when am I supposed to fit that in!? .... im not going

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #6415
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

To be honest we did the rubbing thing with chloe and ella,chloe did it at least 10 times with no results! Ella not had it either.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 13-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #6416
squirrelspit

I am currently:

yes Deb, his nappy rash is gone, that stuff is awesome. the poops are on their way out too i think.

why will you not go to the gp other than the time issue?

Old 13-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #6417
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Mental illness runs you down physically, you need to be in top health to look after two littlies. Please see the gp, if only to quiet the h.v.

Mand x

Old 14-11-2012, 03:28 AM   #6418
TheOnlyOne
Poetry Whore

I am currently:

So, I'm 21 weeks pregnant now.

It's been an incredibly stressful pregnancy. I didn't get ANY prenatal care until I was 16 weeks. My insurance at the time would not cover maternity care at all. Plus the state was looking for any reason to delay medicare.

The OBGYN I was going to is awful. I've never even seen my doctor. I go to see another one on the 28th, let's hope she's actually interested in answering my questions.

At my 20 week ultrasound, I was told that my baby girl's head is undersized, but they didn't seem to give a crap. Argh!

I had morning sickness 24/7 from 6 weeks to 20 weeks. I still have headaches all the time and I have extreme, debilitating fatigue. I've been in the hospital twice now.

She's a very active baby. She's a little big for her age (12 oz at 20 weeks as opposed to 10 being the average) so her kicks feel more and more intense every day. And of course, she loves to pummel me when I'm trying to sleep and hide when the ultrasound wand comes out.

Pregnancy hasn't been fun so far. I just want my cute, warm, snuggly newborn.

TheOnlyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #6419
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Jasmine had her 3rd and last set of injections today. she's 4 months now. can't believe how fast its gone. people told me it would go fast, but i never believed it!
im actually furious though, it was in the conditions that i would be informed of any health appointments and invited to them, i didn't find out about these ones until the carer dropped her off today and told me.
you wouldn't even have known she'd had injections though, as happy as ever!

we also did a mother and baby group, for normal people, and it was great. me and jasmine both really enjoyed it. but it was awkward because i had a contact worker supervising.
im going to ask the sw if we can go every week though.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 14-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #6420
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

this was Jasmine, last week though:)

Last edited by Cacoethes : 30-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)