RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
effervescence
tired

I am currently:
Bump on Piercing

So, before I start, I know there is a piercing thread but it's not looked at often and I thought I would get better replies here.

I have the dreaded bump. On my nose piercing, which is about 4 weeks old.

I did change the jewellery after 10 days, because the piercer put in a straight bar which I had to put tape over at night to stop it falling out and I was always fiddling with it because I was paranoid - and I did knock it out a few times in the shower. So, I changed it to a screw. I have tried really hard not to fiddle but it has moved around a few times and obviously enough to get a bump.
I have been doing salt water soaks once a day.

What are your best tips and tricks to get rid of it?

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I had a bump on my scaffold piercing and a lady in the shop told me it was because I kept fiddling with it (I literally changed the bar the day after it was pierced).

Tbh - nothing's worked with mine. I assume it's essentially scarring, so there's not a lot that can be done.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

I found that maintaining the warm sea salt soaks worked, although it took time and also once the bump was gone you have to continue doing it for a quite a while or it just comes back. So the trick with the sea salt soaks is to do them every day and dont stop immediately when the bump goes.

This website has some other ideas heal cartilage piercing bumps

Last edited by DontLookUp : 20-05-2013 at 11:26 PM.

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Emmabob.

I am currently:

diluted teatree oil

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I had that with my nose piercing, I just kept up with salt water soaks twice a day and it went away eventually. *shrugs* I have no idea what the best thing to do is though, I don't have any other piercings.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #6
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Do not touch it at all and just leave it to hang out and do it's own thing. That is always a fail safe way to heal things up.

Failing that, get an ibuprofen tablet, crush it up with a bit of water so it's like a paste, put that on the bump every night for a week or two.

Both of these methods have worked for me. If you are scared of it coming out, change it to a BCR (ball/bar closure ring)?

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Flem those are great suggestions!

Mine dragged on for so long, and was on my ear and became painful so I just let it close up.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Many years of expierience with b*tchy piercings have led me to know rather alot about healing them.
Always sucks when you finally get something done and it goes wrong a few days later.

Good luck OP and I hope it heals up alright.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Old 22-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #9
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

I think I will try the ibuprofen tablet thing, thank you.
I would change it to a ring particularly as I really want a ring not a stud but it needs to have a stud in it for work - meh.

so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

Old 22-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #10
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

No worries. Glad I could help.

When it heals up a bit more, you can get retainers that are pretty much invisable if you need something like that for work.

Old 24-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
Cuddy
Everybody lies

I am currently:

Camomile tea bags. I swear by them. Just soak one in boiling water and drain lighlty. When it's cool enough just hold it on the area for a couple of minutes. It has worked wonders for my piercings.

Cuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

I agree with camomile tea bags I had a bump on one of my piercings and it got rid of it. Hopefully urs goes

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Dying_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #13
littlemissmagpie
Kay

I am currently:

I have loads of piercings and am extremely prone to these bumps.
I've found that the best treatment is an aspirin scrub - basically crush up like four aspirin pills, mixed up with a teaspoon of honey and a little bit of water to make a gluey paste. Then you just smooth it over the piercing and once it's dry pick it off quite easily :)

But if you are totally desperate to get rid of it now, the fastest way is buying a smaller gauge of jewellery for it. It will disappear within a few days if you do that (or mine have done anyway). But it depends if you're happy with a smaller gauge.

Hope this helps, those bumps can be a nightmare!!

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections, you can do anything."

littlemissmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

I am currently trying a crushed aspirin paste on it at night. Will give it a week or so and see if it looks any better, then try the tea thing. Thanks all.

so must you know pain.

Old 28-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I had a bump on my nose piercing and I just cleaned it daily with a piercing cleaner that the piercers sold. It took ages to go away!

I had a scaffold pierced and it rejected, still got a little bumpy scar tissue thing there.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)