RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
HideousKinky
The artist formally known as Domino...

efexor(venlafaxine) withrawal - i feel like im dying

ok i stupidly left my meds at home 4 hours away and am now on three days without them. Im taking 150mg efexor and to just be cut off completely through my own stupidity is driving me crazy. I can barely see straight, I'm so dizzy I only feel calm when my eyes are closed. I feel like im gonna throw up and theres this weird fizzy feeling in my brain, especially when im trying to sleep. I can't decide whether to faint or throw up. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I have no idea what to do, I really can't cope with this much longer. My friend has posted my meds to me but they havent arrived yet. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRR

HideousKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
dark_light

I am currently:

I had a similar experience when i came off seroxat, it was awful like having flu and it felt like electric shcks in my brain and i kept seeing things that weren't there.
It happened aswell when i stopped my meds because i was in hospital because of an od and they wouldn't let me take any meds, but as soon as i started taking them again it all went away in a few hours.
I hope you get your meds soon, you have my sympathy its horrible
It will stop though when they get back into your system
Feel better soon xxxxx

"Because you don't notice the light without a bit of shadow.
Everything has both dark and light.
You have to play with it until you get it exactly right."

dark_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
Merc

oh hell, that is THE wirst med to be without, but you dont need me to tell you that. the only advice i can give ( i astupily decided i wanted off them long time go now, and went cold turkey...i cpuld get to 3 days befopre breaking...i just stayed in bed and slept. It helped...is it possible for you to do that??? I found a warm cloth, sometimes a cold one too helped with the 'brain zaps' , plus i had sleeping pills so i took them to manke m,e leep...NOT OD amount, regualar amount...after 3 days it eased off for me an i was on 300 mg...i hope this passes so very soon for you dear, i know how horrible it is
*hug you*
*fingers crossedmail gts ther soon*
can a friend not go w you to the pharmacy to get a few while you wait (ours will do that) Or tho the doc, could you call say its an EMERGENCY cos it IS and ask him to fax over a small amount to the pharmacy tocover till yours arrive???
Oh i feel for you hunni
pls keep us updated love.
*gentle hugs*
romp

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
BatRachy
Weird and wonderful

I am currently:

I've done about 5 days without efexor before. It was just how you describe, I found just resting, a dark eye mask, a fleece throw, fruit juice (sip it!) and snuggling up with a teddy was the way to cope.

You'll be pleased to know that as soon as you get your meds, and make sure you have something to eat when you take them so they are digested straight away, all the withdrawl symptoms will subside pretty quickly.

Good luck, I'm thinking of you xxxx

Are we demented or am I disturbed?
The space that's in between insane and insecure...

BatRachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
HideousKinky

Thanks for the support guys. I still feel pretty bad but thankfully have managed to get quite comfortable in bed now and am really tired so am hoping I might get some sleep. Am also hungry which i think might be a good thing. Am desperately hoping meds arrive in the morning but if not im going to see if i can get a prescription faxed through from my doctor so I can at least get some for the rest of the week!

Wish I had my cat, he always makes me feel better hehe.

Dommie.x

Old 18-03-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
Merc

SO glad to hear it is easing for you
*fingers crossed on tomorrows post*
sleep hun, best thing for ya
romp

Old 19-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #7
chocostashchick
Callie

I am currently:

i hope you feel better now Dom
sounds awful! but have a sleep and something to eat and fingers crossed the fax will come quickly!
xxxooo
callie

xxxooo

chocostashchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
Seraphsigh
Jeder Engel ist schrecklich

I am currently:

Ugh brain zaps SUCK. I hope you've gotten your meds back and that you'll start feeling better soon. Take care!!

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae.

Lambchop, LadyMacbeth, Butterfly525, and Moonchild are my sisters. Ruffle is my daughter. That Faery Kid is my kitty!

Seraphsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #9
HideousKinky

THEY CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg, i really hope they work fast, hah i have never been happier. I hope they kick in soon!

Dommie.x

Old 19-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
Tears of Solitude
Jade xxx

I am currently:

Im on efexor(venlafaxine). Im on 225g too. Its scary to hear about the withdrawal side effects.

I do feel the effects if I take it late. They are bad enough.

I really do hope you feel better soon.
Good Luck honey
Jade xxx

I fight everyday not to.
Even Now.

Sunshine=Soulmate
Airwolf=Brother
Angel=Best friend
Always
xxx

Tears of Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
Merc

soso glad they came...i found the SE's went pretty quickly, for me anyways...fingers crossed youre the same!!!!
[sorry if i scared you j.. i just wanted you to hear first-hand what i had been saying love ya]
so happy fpr you...still, take it erasy as you can ok???
romp

Old 20-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #12
newanda

I am currently:

Glad to hear you got them. I've gone through effexor withdrawlas and i know it's pretty bad. Hope you are feeling better soon.
xxMegan

newanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
airwolf282

I am currently:

I HATE EFFEXOR. When I first started out on that drug I had no sleep for 2 weeks. It was the first AD I took and will never take it again. I was on 225mg for nearly 2 years. 2 years of being on an AD that had nil effect in helping me just the freaking side effects. When I came off it, even gradually like the doctor told me I would get this feeling of electric pulses going through my brain. I got the same thing coming off the SSRI's I've been on too but still not as bad as Effexor. I guess thats why it was given the name sideffexor. I now take a tricyclic AD and thankfully no side effects.

"For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know"
-Pinned to a noticeboard at the US Command Post in Khe Sanh.

Tears of Solitude = my wonderful sister

airwolf282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Oh my goodness, is it really that bad if you miss it?

I've recently switched to XL version (on 150mg at moment but trying to find right dose). Was on usual kind before that.

How long do you have to have been taking it before side effects like this happen if miss it?

*runs off to take hers for today, just in case*

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
HideousKinky

As an anti depressant I love it, I am normal again whoohoo. Of course I still have the occasional bad day but i can now function like a normal person so I am honestly quite willing to put up with the side effects I may or may not experience (after the first week they went and I have been fine since). Usually if you miss a dose you have like another 12 hours to take it or you tend to start feeling odd. I guess it varies for people tho. Anyhow, just dont do what i did and go away for a week without them!!

Dom.x

Old 26-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #16
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Thanks for the tip Dom.

The only times I have missed it before is when I've been hooked up to Parvolex and was feeling pretty rubbish anyway so perhaps that masked any withdrawal effects

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)