RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Born Survivor
Paul :)

I am currently:
Contains ED - Had to go clothes shopping today!!

Woke up this morning and found out that half of my jeans in my wardrobe do not fit anymore at all... Well the fit length wise but not across the waist... Which means about 4 pairs of jeans that are in decent condition have to go to the charity shop now...

So this meant going to town with Mum shopping for new jeans so that meant trying them on before i bought them EEKKK!! I hate hate trying on jeans worst thing ever.. In the end had to try on 12 different pairs of jeans to work out what "size" i was. I have no understanding of sizes but i've gone up 1/2 sizes (depending on jean type and what shop etc). Mum says that's good.. Got 4 pairs of new jeans that actually fit as well for a good price :)

If i have to go up in “size" for jeans, guess it shows my hard work is paying off. I’m showing anorexia who is boss ME :). Good good good!! Just got to keep it up now! Going back just isn't an option..

18 months ago the nurse at the ED clinic told me i had months to live, i discharged myself asap and realised i could get better on my own without being "told" how to recover... Haven't looked back since..

(P.s trying on jeans is so draining, LA Ink series two helped though!)

Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?

Charles Bukowski
We all wear masks everyone everyday. Sometimes we wear them so much we forget who we really are - Nikita

Born Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
TimesLikeThese

This is really positive! I especially like how you've said you're showing anorexia who's boss! I hope your positive recovery continues :)

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

That's AWESOME Paul! You are the boss, well done for fighting; its working.

Recovery on your own merit alone is something to be very proud of :D

x

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Tig

That's so awesome, well done :) You should be super proud of yourself. x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Born Survivor
Paul :)

I am currently:

I did go back to the doctors about 6 months after i discharged myself and said "i'm struggling a bit is their any other help?"... His response "You're depressed take some antidepressants and start exercising it will help you feel better".. I replied "I have anorexia if i exercise i'll just get worse.." "Rubbish you're talking rubbish, just exercise"...

Yeah, i haven't been to the Doctor's since... I haven't got any friends or family (except Mum and Dad but Me and Dad don't have a real relationship) so i've done this truly on my own, Mum has helped but she is only one person, so can only do and cope with so much.

So yeah not easy at all.

Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?

Charles Bukowski
We all wear masks everyone everyday. Sometimes we wear them so much we forget who we really are - Nikita

Born Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

i know its not easy at all, but you are doing so so well and YOU are taking back control over your ED and that is so strong of you xxx

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)