RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #241
GuidingLight

I am currently:

I just want to get this off my chest...
I'm a girl, and have had a few serious relationships with Men.
But after my last break up, I don't look at guys in the same way, I don't find them sexually attractive. At all. I've always appreciated females, like seeing someone on the street and saying they're gorgeous... and some girl celebrities that you say you would be gay for to a friend in a half joking kind of way... but recently I'm feeling really really attracted towards girls, Especially this girl from school whom I met this year, she's a lesbian and we've become really close, and I really really like her, I think a bit too much :/ I don't want to say anything to her, because I don't want to ruin our new found friendship. But what's wrong with me? Am I gay, Bi, or just... I don't know... :/ ...

Every corner of my mind is filled with spiderwebs and Fear.

GuidingLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #242
DrWatson
Simon

I am currently:

Oh my god, I totally saw myself in that post. This is kinda what happened with me. Like, when you joked about girls and stuff, you weren't quite joking? I only properly realised after a break up. It wasn't like I was 'oh, I can't hold down a guy - let's move onto girls' but I definitely noticed my attraction towards girls more after breaking up with a guy. I guess it'd always been there though, in fact I'm almost certain. You don't need to label yourself - just go with the flow! You know what you are, and that's enough:)

Last edited by DrWatson : 09-01-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling

'Get out. I need to go to my mind palace.'

'I don't know, I notice.'

DrWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #243
GuidingLight

I am currently:

^ Yeah, that's exactly it. Nice to know its just not me :)
Guess I will just go with the flow hahaa
x

Every corner of my mind is filled with spiderwebs and Fear.

GuidingLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #244
nicole94

I am currently:

I'm confused, I don't feel like a female, but I don't really want to be male either? Any help? Or am I just strange?

You called me an angel, there must be a twist,
Have you ever seen an angel with scars on her wrist?
And blood trickling down from a gash on her arm,
Have you ever seen an angel self harm?-Unknown

nicole94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #245
frenchhorn
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWWR View Post
I'm confused, I don't feel like a female, but I don't really want to be male either? Any help? Or am I just strange?

your not strange at all. many people feel like neither gender, or like both.
people sometimes call themselves genderqueer and use neutral pronouns like they, it, or ones like zir.
I know lots of people who are ambiguous, having a gender neutral name and using gender netral pronouns.
feel free to PM me i you want to talk about it more.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #246
Kitkat :)
A thousand mile journey starts with the first step

I am currently:

I met this girl and I think I like her but I'm not really sure what to do about it... I've never had a girlfriend before, I've liked girls before but I know that nothing could've ever have happened cos one of them lived too far away and the other was straight and my best friend, but something could happen here and I'm not sure what to do :/

Kitkat :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #247
taylor_ruth

I am currently:
Approval

I am so sick of my family telling me im going to hell since i came out. I havent even had a relationship because i am soo scared. I dont even feel comfortable in my own skin. I dont know what to do. I feel really lost.

taylor_ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #248
Amy.
i need you so much closer.

I am currently:

This might sound strange, not a lot of people understand it, but I'm completely straight, I just have a girlfriend. I know it sounds silly, but the way I see it, I'm in love with one girl, and one girl only. I've never looked at another girl in that way, and I never will. To me, it's about being Amy and Sophie, not about being girl and girl. None of my friends know, because they're very judgemental, and we wanted it to be easy for both of us to have a happy relationship for the first time. I don't know if this helps, but that's my experience :)

"The things I remember best are the things I wasn't supposed to do but I did them anyway. Thing is, life's too short to be following these rules"

Amy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #249
psychotic-44
somewhere, out there

I am currently:

http://exodusinternational.org/2010/...ter-a-lesbian/

anyone else think that that is really homophobic?!

psychotic-44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #250
ashes to ashes
SmallBoyOnHerBike

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymayxo View Post
This might sound strange, not a lot of people understand it, but I'm completely straight, I just have a girlfriend. I know it sounds silly, but the way I see it, I'm in love with one girl, and one girl only. I've never looked at another girl in that way, and I never will. To me, it's about being Amy and Sophie, not about being girl and girl. None of my friends know, because they're very judgemental, and we wanted it to be easy for both of us to have a happy relationship for the first time. I don't know if this helps, but that's my experience :)

its not strange that is how i feel. except i dont have a girlfriend. i do have feelings though for a girl, and only her. never had i had feelings for any other girl. just her. and i dont think i will ever like any other girl this way.
i feel like i am straight though that i just have this deeper relationship with her....and i still really like guys.
i am just confused but amy you saying that has helped.
=]

take one step at a time, keep your head held high, and your eyes on Him, always.

ashes to ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #251
Winchester Angel
Welcome To My Life

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychotic-44 View Post
http://exodusinternational.org/2010/...ter-a-lesbian/

anyone else think that that is really homophobic?!
yes it makes me sick to think of how narrow minded that woman is. sorry its just made me really angry, see im confused about my sexuality right now and that kinda story scares me that if i am gay thats how people will react with me especially my family, no one in my family is gay except for one of my cousins who lives down south and we dont see or hear from them often at all.

"It's funnier in Enochian"

|TWLOHA|AKF|YANA|LYF|I AM ENOUGH|

Winchester Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #252
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoodsOfWonderland View Post
I think/hope thats a parody
Sadly I don't think so. I used to go to an Evangelical Church, (until I was old enough to decide not to go any more), and sometimes people would ask for prayers for their relative who was living in the "sin of homosexuality"

Some Christians really do believe it's a sin, and state that the Bible says it's a sin. So people pray that God will help them be free of the sin and turn back to God and away from Satan and be heterosexual again. (Due to that, among other reasons, I'm atheist now.)

But that's just my personal experience with having an Evangelical Christian childhood, I'm not saying all Christians are like that, just sharing what I experienced. In fact a lot of Christians I've met are pretty tolerant people and believe God loves everyone, and don't believe being gay is a sin in the same that being straight isn't a sin.

Last edited by BridgesAndBalloons : 01-04-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: added some more

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #253
Ms Maudlin

I am currently:

I would probably describe myself as bisexual, inasmuch as I am anything.
I have never had penetrative sex, although the only "boyfriend" I had attempted to anally rape me, but he did not succeed and for that I am thankful. I have played around with other things with men, but didn't like them. I found myself unexpectedly lusting after a woman last year, before that I would have described myself as straight (who changes their orientation at 30?!!).

That said, I may be asexual. I dislike being touched. Sexual activity feels like a violation, I have tried to like giving oral etc, I can put up with it but I cannot stand people touching me sexually. It has taken 6 years for me to trust a friend I see as a brother enough to hug him. Even then I have to be in control.

I don't know why I am like this, I have always been like this but never was abused or anything. Parents love sex, my mum is always talking about how keen she is on it. I knew about sex quite early as I was about 10 when I read the Joy of Sex.

It troubles me, because everyone is so sex-obsessed and it is such a shameful thing to be still a virgin at my age. :(

Currently interested in Christian/biblical views of self-injury and how you relate faith to si...get in touch if you are interested in this too!

We shall overcome!

Ms Maudlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #254
icecreampop10

I am currently:

Okay. Kind of nervous about posting but here it goes..
Sometimes I'm completely comfortable with my body and gender, sometimes I feel like a boy and completely wrong in my girl's body, and other times I feel like both or neither.. It's really confusing..

icecreampop10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #255
Hemlock

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWWR View Post
Nope, you're not just strange. Or at least, if you are, I'm the same sort of strange.

I'm physically male, but I've never held that as a firm identity. It made growing up really difficult (due to drama with my dad). For years I went along with social pressure, just to get along, but I grew up without a sense of who I really was, and now I'm trying to recover that in therapy.

I'm into some "masculine" things, but I also enjoy some stereotypically "girly" pursuits, like jewelry making. I had a kind of coming out a few months ago, and I'm coming to terms with public perception of that. It's not generally obvious, since I dress goth, which is somewhat "gender neutral" in terms of clothes and hairstyle, but I do get some double-takes when people realize my fingernails are lacquered, or I'm wearing women's beaded jewelry.

Gender is a fluid concept. I feel pleased with myself to be able to be free, and do things I want (like collect and wear a modest rainbow of nail lacquers). I used to see my sexuality and identity as a source of shame, and I trashed myself for it for a lot of years, keeping myself under a tight wrap of social acceptability. Now, it's a little frightening to go out in public without hiding the fact that I'm queer, but a little heady, too.

I don't know if it matters to the discussion or not, but I have experimented with both genders, and identify comfortably as gay. I don't think gender and sexuality are totally interdependent, though.

Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #256
iamEmilyG
Alien

I am currently:

Ever since I can remember I always kind of preferred to be a guy (I was born female).
I remember always dressing in boys' clothes, telling people I was a boy, doing everyday things for specific reasons (ordering for myself at restaurants so "I want" would be said instead of "she wants"), I remember having some sort of breakdown when I was 8 over a picture of me in a dress, I even remember binding my breasts before I knew what breast binding was.
Then, some stuff happened, and I forgot about that stuff for a few years.
During those years, I wasn't exceptionally girly, in fact I was as I usually was (usually was meaning dressing in men's clothing, not wearing make up), I just didn't think about it.
Recently, the thoughts (or feelings, rather) have returned.
I don't feel male, yet I don't feel female either, it's just I would prefer to be male, I guess?
Am I transgender?

"Death is not the greatest of evils; it is worse to want to die, and not be able to."- Sophocles

iamEmilyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #257
Rainbow Colors

I am currently:

You're not too young to know how you feel hun. It might just have been the guy that made you hate the relationship, cause not all guys are the same, but you're not too young.

Whatever it is, you can get through it. I promise.

Rainbow Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #258
Rainbow Colors

I am currently:

I'm not confused...I'm bi, but I feel so alone in it. I live in a place that's dominantly one religion and that religion is totally against homosexual relations, and I feel like I can't be who I am, or people are going to hate me. And its not just a feeling, because I know a guy who is gay and out to the school and there are so many people who treat him like **** just because he is gay. :/ I don't go to this school anymore, I just graduated, but I still feel scared to be me. I'm moving away to a city, but I feel like telling my new friends I'm bi will scare them away...:/ I have another friend who is gay and in the closet, but he's a guy, and while I love him to death, I just wish I knew a girl who was bi or les, that I could relate with :[

Old 16-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #259
taz35
IloveyouBrandy<3

I am currently:

I never really clued into what my sexuality was for a while. I used to think I was straight, more just because I never thought I could get anyone, be it a guy or a girl. But... and this sounds like something that would never happen. My best friend for a mere 5 months confessed she had a dream that she wanted to kiss me, and we ended up kissing since I told her I had no clue whether I would like it or not. Here's where it gets weird: she HAD a boyfriend at the time (of a year and a half). She cheated on him with me for 3 months until they broke up, and me and her started dating.

Who would have thought I could turn my best friend into a lesbian? I sure didn't. But I'd still describe myself as bisexual for the time being... since I've never had a long term relationship with a guy, and I'm still attracted to them.

Long story short, my family knows and they're completely supportive. I've told a few of my close friends and they support me 100%. I figure when we come out to more people, that it'll be fine... if people want to judge us, they're the ones losing out, or not worth worrying about. True friends will never judge you based on your sexuality.

If someone ever says to you "You need to stop thinking so much," call them ignorant in your head and keep thinking deeper. It is this mentality that breeds stupidity and sheeple. Your mind is the most important tool you have. If you stop using it, it will atrophy.

Question everything.

taz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #260
Rainbow Colors

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunnetter View Post
I would say, dont rule anything out, you might want to try experimenting again later down the line...

or, you might never find a guy attractive again and might never have a relationship with one.
I like this^
I just wish there was a like button like on facebook...

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)