Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-04-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:
Aliens?

Two questions:

1) Do you believe in life on other planets? or are we the only living beings in this galaxy/universe?

2) Do you believe aliens have visited Earth? and I mean EVER from all those UFO sightings to our ancient past.

just curious.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Ooh aliens!!

1) yes I believe in life on other planets, I find it impossible to believe we are the only species in the entire universe, considering we make up such a tiny proportion of it. It seems quite self-indulgent to believe we are the only living things, when there is so much potential for other life forms.

2) I'm not so sure whether I believe in the 'sightings' so much, they never seem to pan out and mostly seem to be coincidence, or just a far fetched story. Considering our technology isn't advanced enough to travel far enough away to find life, it would be interesting if other life forms were as advanced and to see the trace they would leave behind. However, I'm ready for an alien invasion :P

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Aliens are totally real!

Those meteors we had this weekend? Really they were aliens flying by and even landing...

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
zombiehunter
thinking

I am currently:

1 yes believe in the possibility of life on other planets, last I checked they had discovered over 700 exoplanets and they keep discovering more, it's also possible that some sort of life exists in this solar system I think Europa (one of jupiters moons) is a prime candidate and I also think it's possible there may have been life on mars billions of years ago however I would need to see conclusive proof to believe it's %100 true.

2 I highly doubt aliens have ever actually visited earth in the past or even now like I said before I would need to see conclusive proof that this has happened and when I say conclusive proof I mean real evidence and not the claims of some stoner or some conspiracy nut.

zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
LilMissEmma
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

1. Yes.

2. No.

LilMissEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

There aren't many planets within habitable zones; as yet we've not discovered any places where there is currently water (lots of "this planet might have had water a long time ago). Things need water and oxygen to live.

1) No
2) No

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #7
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I will answer properly later but I noticed channel 5 are showing alien themed programmes next Monday starting at 9 pm.

I wonder if this thread came about because of what I posted?

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #8
EvanO
Schmerz ewigen

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by insignificant_one View Post

I was wondering that as well.

Lookin at the world through my rear view, searchin for an answer up high, or is it all, wasted time ~B.O.B

EvanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #9
EvanO
Schmerz ewigen

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed View Post

Considering our technology isn't advanced enough to travel far enough away to find life
NASA actually has a small craft scheduled to arrive at Pluto next year. Pluto is pretty far. Our technology is very much underrated and constantly evolving. Yes, our space travel is very slow, but it is awesome that we have explored space and other planets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
There aren't many planets within habitable zones; as yet we've not discovered any places where there is currently water (lots of "this planet might have had water a long time ago). Things need water and oxygen to live.
Europa, a small moon of Jupiter, has an abundance of water. It is widely known that biological organisms such as humans need water however, I believe that there could be species which do not require water. They could be carbon based or many other things we don't even know about. And yes, I love the X files lol

To answer the OP, Yes to both questions. Good old EBE's

Last edited by EvanO : 23-04-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: multi quote catastrophe

Lookin at the world through my rear view, searchin for an answer up high, or is it all, wasted time ~B.O.B

EvanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
Abintra

I am currently:

i was probed I am trying to tell myself it was just a dream but i still can't sit down.

To whom I may offend,
hahahahaha
Yours faithfully the monkeys arse

Abintra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #11
LilMissEmma

I am currently:

You can NEVER know what other planets are out there. The universe is bigger than you could ever imagine, so saying there are no habitable planets is, well, just plain silly.
You can also NEVER know what other beings need to live. How do you know that every living being needs water and oxygen? Again, it's silly to assume such things.

LilMissEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #12
Abintra

I am currently:

if they have found us by now they are as dumb as us.

To whom I may offend,
hahahahaha

Old 23-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #13
Abintra

I am currently:

what if the sun was a black hole

To whom I may offend,
hahahahaha

Old 23-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #14
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by insignificant_one View Post
I will answer properly later but I noticed channel 5 are showing alien themed programmes next Monday starting at 9 pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanO View Post
I was wondering that as well.
I don't recall seeing any threads talking about that. If I did notice it, it was on an unconscious level.
It was just on of those random things that popped into my head.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #15
Forest Fire

I am currently:

100% yes to both questions.
Question 1. considering how big the universe is and how much life there is on this planet, that thrives in all manner of conditions, it seems insane to me that this is the only place where anything has 'sprouted', for lack of a better word.

Question 2. There are far too many things that don't add up for me to accept that everything on this planet has happened by chance. Whether looking at similarities of ancient texts from around the world, the sudden boost in intelligence and general development of us a species in our recent history. The absolutely ridiculous feats of construction our ancient ancestors were able to achieve when we were just 'hunter gatherers'. Off the top of my head I could list at least 100 things that make no sense at all to me. if I researched it first then wrote the list there would be thousands.

This is of course just my opinion based on how I've interpreted information I've come across. I know everyone's different but I can't see how people could rule out the possibility entirely. Whether aliens exist or not, there is a huge part of our ancient history that has been lost and that can't be denied.

Last edited by Forest Fire : 24-04-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Forest Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #16
nowhereman

I am currently:

I am an alien! Seriously. Tokio Hotel fans are called aliens so I am an alien. Best type of alien going too.

I do believe in actual aliens as well though. Actually, three out of the four tv series I have marked as want to watch are about aliens. They are dramas though, not documentaries.

Also funny story, I was reading this book recently and this woman was out on a first date and it was all going really well...until the guy started talking about how he had been abducted by aliens. Lol, good way to put a quick ending to a date!

Ps. This is the logo for the Tokio Hotel aliens. I kind of want to get it as a tattoo!

Last edited by nowhereman : 02-05-2014 at 10:58 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I think there are, but they're probably smart enough to stay well away from us.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #18
Cersei

I believe can not believe that we are the only living things in the universe, that is very self centred of us. However, I do not believe that aliens have visited Earth.

Cersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #19
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I think that aliens do exist. I do believe that the aliens have visited us, but I dont believe in alien kidnappings.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #20
null_n_void
Yes, I'm an avatar now!

I am currently:

ok, first, I can't believe this hasn't come up earlier

I think that the universe is too big for us to be the only life. In terms of intelligent life, I think we should start looking on earth for that before looking out there

‎"Damaged people are dangerous because we know we can survive"

null_n_void is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)