Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-10-2007, 03:33 AM   #81
ReganMarie

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofie View Post
lol

Anyone else find they sweat like crazy if they wear long sleeved t-shirts, or is that just me?

I have the same problem!

ReganMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #82
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:
sun shirt

thanks for the info on scar reduction. my girlfriend had me get a couple of cap sleeve tops to girly myself up for the holidays!

i am a natural blond and have the pale and pink skin to go with it. i get really sick if i get a bad sunburn. so i wear long sleeve over-shirts made in fun lightweight cotton fabrics. i even have one that i got from lands end that has spf 30 built right into the fabric. sweating is heaps better than getting blisters from sunburn.

plus i have a cat. he is 18 and a bit cranky and i like to pick him up.

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #83
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:

Bandanna's around the wrists (:
they look cool (well I think they do anyway) and they cover any scars on your wrists and to a certain degree up your arms as well.

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #84
PainterGirl

I am currently:

long-sleeved cheese-cloth shirts open over strappy tops are my fav, you can wear them with any kind of skirt/trousers/shorts and cos of the material style the little holes let the air get in so they keep you cool. loads of colours and patterns as well and also very cheap (matalan in uk always have them on offer round march/april). best thing is though that they don't need ironing hehe!

take care
xXx

PainterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #85
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

Em Im starting modelling again... next catwalk show is on Thursday... The only thing is I have to wear sleeveless designs and no bracelets... Dermablend doesnt really work on raised scars! Any suggestions on disguising raised scars on arms?

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #86
Kae
and with these hands I'll draw for you my heart..

I am currently:

If you do the facial concealer thing on scars I find it helps to spray some hairspray on em if you haven't got any sort of setting spray (which most people don't lol). This really helps keep it on there, if I did this every day for a week or so it got to the point where I couldn't even tell what the scars looked like without using a lot of makeup remover. wont work on raised scars, but I found if you've only got a few raised scars you could cover the others up and leave the raised ones, its easier to explain a few

Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #87
ApparentlyNothing

I am currently:

good tips here :) thanks.

ApparentlyNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #88
Quark

I find a really really super product is L'oreal true match mineral foundation, it really covers anything! You can put it on thin or very thick, which helps with raised scars. Goes on as a powder but blends better than a creamy foundation. Pretty good for your face where it's meant for, too!

Quark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 11:14 PM   #89
Quark

+ even works over fresh cuts, if you mousturise first.

Quark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 01:30 AM   #90
White-Butterfly
White-Butterfly

I am currently:

Just a question about dermablend, if you go to your GP and ask, will they let anyone get it? Or is it selective?
Thanks

White-Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #91
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White-Butterfly View Post
Just a question about dermablend, if you go to your GP and ask, will they let anyone get it? Or is it selective?
Thanks
Anywhere that sells Vichy will have dermablend as its part of their range. Most good chemists like Boots or beauty and cosmetics stores will have it!

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #92
muzzii
(They/he)

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buriedunderground View Post
okay, so i'm on swim team and i'm in a PE class right now which is going to be doing a swimming unit in a matter of weeks. usually i'm able to stop cutting through swim season or at least keep it minimal, but this semester i never even thought about PE. i have pretty bad scars on my arms and thighs. how should i hid these when all i am aloud to wear for the class is a swim suit???
I have that exact same problem right now! last year i managed to make up enough excuces to not do swimming but i don't think that the teacher i have this year will let me get away with it Dx

muzzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #93
AbandonedPixie
KeepOnKeepin'On

I am currently:

Wristbands cover them on your wrists and you can say you are using them for extra support

xx

Alone.

AbandonedPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #94
Hatton

Im currently using bio-oil applying 3 times a day, have been using for approx 4 weeks on a couple of large scars,(one raised) and have found its helped to reduce the redness already on both scars. As for covering up i use concealer!!! i know it sounds silly but it can help cover them and take them off your mind!

Hatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #95
Voldemort

K. There's only 7 months left until summer again.

Thinkinggg capsss.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #96
Sephy

I am currently:

I did once even out the raised scars on my arm with modelling wax and a lick of concealer. And if I never intended to move/touch/wash/USE my arm ever again, would have worked a treat...
<3
x.

Sephy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #97
Scumbelina

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buriedunderground View Post
okay, so i'm on swim team and i'm in a PE class right now which is going to be doing a swimming unit in a matter of weeks. usually i'm able to stop cutting through swim season or at least keep it minimal, but this semester i never even thought about PE. i have pretty bad scars on my arms and thighs. how should i hid these when all i am aloud to wear for the class is a swim suit???

RASH VEST, RASH VEST, RASH VEST!!!

Seriously..... I've just come back from Australia & I was getting really depressed I couldnt go to the beach/pool & swim... I have scars covering my legs & arms so I bought a long sleeve top to go under a wet suit (rash vest) & I wore my swimming shorts & I was sorted :)

It may sound stoopid but it looks pretty professional.

Mines Rip curl but you can probs get one from most surfers shops - quicksilver/roxy/billabong etc

Scumbelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #98
Riviting
Dreamiing of a better Life

I am currently:

so yall are tackling the issue of sweat eh cuz like you guys i sweat like a bat outta hell sometimes and wearing thicjker t shirts or long sleeve doesnt work out so well so my brotehr uses this perscription strength anti perspirant... i know its like no the answer to solving conver ups from scars but if you gotta wear long sleeves here ya go... i live in the USA i think you can get it at any pharmacy my bro gets it at walgreens

its called CERTAIN DRI

its in a small bottle thats gotta little roller it goes on with your deoderant.

Riviting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #99
Meaty

I am currently:

I don't cover up my cuts except for at home. I go to school with short sleeves all the time now. I don't think I should have to cover up just so people don't judge me and ask me about it. I just have to make sure none of the counselors or the school psychologist sees them because they'll send me to this rehab place called Four Winds.

Meaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #100
gottahavsweet

I am currently:

Meaty? Do you like for others to see your scars and know what you are doing? Do you like when others do make judgements?
I dont understand why you would deliberately let someone know that you are doing something liek this....

It is a secret of mine... only my closest and most trusted friends know about what I do... and they are the only ones that have seen SOME of them... not even all of them.... I just dont understand why... hmm

gottahavsweet is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)