RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #1061
xlaurenx

I am currently:

'What are you doing on there?' ( On the laptop)
'Talking to people' ( on ryl)
'Well you shouldn't, its not good for you, you need proper professional help'

I know where your coming from mum, but people on here are helping me, not encouraging me to sh. She told me that when i was 16.

xlaurenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #1062
imoverthis

I am currently:

my friends dont know im depressed or that i cut. im a really quiet and reserved person. so when im happy they tell me i should go back to the depressed me (in a joking way... i think) and i usually do...

imoverthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #1063
bugg

I am currently:

everytime my step brothers see, me they grap or slap my sholders (were i SH) really hard. beause they saw the cuts/scars there one day. i had a bunch of new ones once and they re-opened them. i ran to the bathroom and tryed cleaning it up before they noticed..they were like 'whats her problom now?'

bugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #1064
Wakeful Dreamer.
Honourable mention.

I am currently:

Yesterday there was an incident with my mother, who (completely misjudging the situation and jumping to the conclusion that I've been cutting again) said 'Why don't you want me to see your legs? I don't need to be paranoid again, do I?'
I swear, she thinks that as long as I'm not cutting, I'm fine; and the second I do start cutting, I'm having a mental breakdown. It's not that extreme, not that black and white. I wish she'd see that. I don't want to have to keep justifying my actions and opinions when I've done nothing wrong. >.<

oh non-believer, please believe me.
is there honestly nothing in this world
that keeps you living & breathing?
you're a ghost in your own
goddamn city.

Wakeful Dreamer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #1065
teal
Pens and pencils are my companions

I am currently:

My dad told me once that "self-harmers and people with suicidal thoughts shouldn't be considered human beings" and went on and on about how "human beings protect themselves, and people who harm themselves and/or want to kill themselves should either do it or be locked up for good"
He doesn't know I self-harm, which is a good thing. I'll rather keep it this way.

“Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them

teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #1066
csu.claire
aspiring social worker

I am currently:

a neighbor in my dorm burst into my room whist i was out and saw my tabs on this and other things about SH and when i came back in he made me sit down and called my other 2 neighbours and said "we need to have an intervention, as claire is a secret emo and look she is on a Self Harm website hahahahah good one claire, as if u r one of thoes low lies" they were all laughing, but one of them who knew i SH had to find a way to get them out of my room quick

but before they left just to scare them i showed them some of my nasty viable scars

Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.

You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you.

I am running the show. Everyone is waiting for me. I decide. I know this now.

Dying is easy. Living is hard

csu.claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #1067
CrackedGirl
Lucy.

I am currently:

"Why are you doing this to me? What did I do to deserve this?" - My mother.

You're just as sane as I am.

CrackedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #1068
Tig

This wasn't to me but about me when I was in hospital and needed bloods done. The practice nurse left my cubicle curtain as she was unable to get blood and needed to ring the Doctor, she clearly thought these curtains were magic and blocked out sound because she said quite clearly and cooly, "We have a slasher that needs bloods taken". Charming!

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #1069
abstract449
Here kitty kitty

I am currently:

"That is sickening!"

abstract449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #1070
Demon_Eel94
Nelly

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeful Dreamer. View Post
Yesterday there was an incident with my mother, who (completely misjudging the situation and jumping to the conclusion that I've been cutting again) said 'Why don't you want me to see your legs? I don't need to be paranoid again, do I?'
I swear, she thinks that as long as I'm not cutting, I'm fine; and the second I do start cutting, I'm having a mental breakdown. It's not that extreme, not that black and white. I wish she'd see that. I don't want to have to keep justifying my actions and opinions when I've done nothing wrong. >.<
This!!!!

~ Instruction does much, but encouragement does everything ~

Demon_Eel94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #1071
Demon_Eel94
Nelly

I am currently:

I was out cycling today in 30 degree weather so really I had to wear tshirt and shorts. My bike got a puncture so me and the guy I was cycling with stopped everyone passing us to see if they had a spare pump. One guy had one and pumped up my tyre, I thanked him and as he and his wife were setting off, she said to us, "good luck! Ooooh, what have you done to your arms? Did you go through some thorns?!"
She meant it genuinely but it just really amused me. Yes, these big red hypertrophic scars were made from cycling through thorns. :') it was pretty awkward. I just said "yeah". It also slightly bothered me when I realised most strangers really just feel the need to comment no matter what. :/

~ Instruction does much, but encouragement does everything ~

Demon_Eel94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #1072
Pikachu

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Eel94 View Post
It also slightly bothered me when I realised most strangers really just feel the need to comment no matter what. :/
This.
I work in retail (pet shop) and get asked at least 3-4 times a day what happened to my arms, even though theres only a few noticable scars, otherwise I would cover them up. Fortunatly I can blame it on the animals (large monitors, iguanas etc). Although it was awkward when one customer said "my daughter has them.. But doesn't have any animals that could cause them"

Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #1073
awake_and_unafraid
john smith

I am currently:

After my mum found out I'd been cutting she inconsiderately asked a few months later "are you still... slicing yourself?" Hand action and everything.

"You've decided that the Universe is better off without you. But the Universe doesn't agree." - River Song

"Don’t hold back; be what you are and don’t be ashamed of it." - Gerard Way

awake_and_unafraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #1074
midnightphoenix
please help me :(

I am currently:

Today: "What have you done to your arm" (I've got a slight scar on one arm so I told them I caught my arm on something - I'd covered it with a plaster)

Beauty: RIP 3rd November 2008
Dylan left us 23rd March 2012

PM me any time you need to talk and I'll answer as soon as I can.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future" LOTR

midnightphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #1075
Blue&Grey

I am currently:

Yesterday I was told that my scars looked "Interesting like a tiger or wild cat"
Haha, not inappropriate really but I thought it was a bit funny

PM me anytime :)

Blue&Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #1076
botanybot

I am currently:

"Why would you do that?"
"Don't do that. Because I care."
"Are you emo or something?"
"You have no reason to that to you self."

botanybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1077
botanybot

I am currently:

"Stop cutting"
Oh, yeah sure. I'll stop right now and never cut again because it's just THAT EASY!

botanybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #1078
Backfromthebrink

After demonstrating to my dad how to correctly engage the locking mechanism of a craft knife we were using for a joint project.

"Well you would know wouldn't you, and you've got the proof on your arms to show for it"

Don't throw my helpfulness and self harm back in my face. It's not like it's something new. I've harmed myself for 10 years and my parents have known about it for 7. All of my scars on my arms are atleast 18months old.

Backfromthebrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #1079
PaleMoon

I am currently:

When I was in the hospital, we had to give our silverware back to staff after meals. One day a boy on our unit forgot to give his back, and a set was missing.

The (male) staff monitor lined us up and said, "I am going to strip-search every single one of you if you won't talk. Starting with you!" He pointed at me. I knew he singled me out because I self-harmed. Oh yeah, don't go about this rationally, start with the self-harmer, because we all know I just cannot resist plastic butter knives...

My name is Matt, and I am a boy. Feel free to PM me :)

I have learned that the world is not a safe place. Not at all. But there are so many people who love me and want to keep me safe. And that is enough.

PaleMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #1080
Sparkling Light
eZine Writer

I am currently:

"owwwch, what've you done to your hand? Looks painful!!" - my driving instructor

Sparkling Light is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)