Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 15-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #5501
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
I've got this fear that ill have contractions and not know, because I get random stomach pain anyway.
Unlikely!

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #5502
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Haha! Good :)

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #5503
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Yer they told me to have an epidural to bring my blood pressure down aswell, but I didn't put up much of a fight :( my midwife was so good though because lucas' heart rate kept dropping and they had to put a monitor on his head and take blood from him she told me everything that was going on, eventhough it was all done abit fast and I was abit out of it.

I wish I had recorded my delivery so I could remember what actually happened because I can hardly remember half of what happened or how I felt (especially after the birth) as I was so tired and high on drugs. When I have another baby I might get someone to film it, because its just another massive bit of my life that I can't remember and that saddens me.

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #5504
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

If they told you that you should have it, that must have been for a reason. I'm not exactly sure all what goes on as I havnt given birth yet, but I'm sure they try and do what's best for you and your baby at the time.

Xx

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 15-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #5505
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

10 weeks to go, please dont be overdue baby, 5 weeks of work, thats 13shifts, if my back doesen't break first!

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #5506
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

If your waters break naturally you should feel them go - I felt so ething tompop/splat inside and then splat on the floor, contractions feel like when you pull your stomach muscles in, but stronger and involuntary and obviously it hurts, tend to start in the back or at the bottom of bump and work upwards.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #5507
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

General questions- what's the hardest thing about being a parent and having mental health problems for you?

Do your MH issues limit your ability to parent in any way?

Do you think your child suffers because you have MH problems?

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #5508
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

The hardest thing for me is that I have to sit with my impluses and thoughts instead of acting on them because I know if I did hurt myself or try and kill myself they would have to inform social services. And if I sit with it the feels feel worse and I just don't really see a way out of feeling so depressed and suicidal. But then in a way its a good thing because I know I have no other option so have to learn new coping mechanisms.

Yes it does effect my ability to parent my son because when I'm so depressed I can't hold him or comfort him when I'm upset and my paroniod sometimes effects the way I am with him as I think if he cries for me or doesn't smile but smiles at others I think he hates me and I did once say 'don't look at me like that, you hate me really' in a really harsh tone that he looked pretty upset by which made me feel so guilty and I worry I might have ruined our bond in some way

I think my child could suffer (but doesn't at the moment because he is too small to understand) if I continue in my behaviours, such as running away whenever I get upset or crying for hours on end because he will pick up those beahviours and think they are normal and I would hate for him to have the same problems as me, (as my therapist told me would happen) and I promised myself I would not screw my child up as some of my parents behavior screwed me up (not on purpose, so its not there falut) but I would hate for that to happen to my son

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #5509
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

I didn't know my waters broke cause they trickled (can happen). The midwife went to break them and they weren't there! xx

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #5510
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

thank you for your reply sunshine, its helped me think about things a lot.

I went overdue and by the time i had my section they said i barely had any water left so even if i had gone into labour naturally i can imagine my waters breaking would have been something of an anticlimax.

Something Special.

Old 18-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #5511
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I have another scan on Monday. Nothing unusual has happened, some pain but she's been moving ok. But I'm still terrified that something will be wrong, that I've eaten something I shouldn't etc

seeing midwife tomorrow, can anyone suggest any questions I should ask? I'm 28 weeks :)

Hope everyone is ok x

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 19-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #5512
squirrelspit

I am currently:

How did it go Becks?

I had my 28 weeks one on Tuesday. They took more blood from me to see if i have anaemia.

I dont think i do cos ive been drinking half a guinness every few days, but then, ive also been munching on ice, and apparently thats a sign of iron deficiency. Who knew?!

I can never think of what to ask them, i guess soon though it'll be all antenatal classes and birthing plans huh.

Oh.. also, did they measure your bump? They've started doing mine when i go in now. I found out that your bump is normally the same number of cms as weeks you are pregnant. Which i thought was quite nifty.

I have a question for those of you that were working whilst pregnant.. how long before your due date did you go on maternity leave?

My bosses have been really lovely and have said i can reduce my hours to part time (im thinking ill only need to do that come the end of May) and then i'll have a few weeks of making sure everythings in order for me going, and i was hoping not to go on leave at all until June 25th, which is 2 weeks before my due date.

I had a meeting with the operations manager of my company yesterday. We get on really well and he has basically let me have everything i wanted from my leave.

Im allowed to take the remainder of my years annual leave before officially being on maternity, even though i havent yet technically accrued it. That means i get almost 4 weeks of full pay whilst being off before my 6 weeks at 90%. Which is so so awesome.

I am very lucky.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #5513
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I took 1 week annual leave and 2 weeks maternity but went over by 2 weeks so ended up off for 5 before I had him. In hindsight 5 was too long but I couldn't drive to work by the end so pretty much had to finish when I did.

Wish I had the extra month at the end instead. When so you need to let the know? Can you decide closer to the time?

Something Special.

Old 19-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #5514
squirrelspit

I am currently:

I take public transport to work so i dont have to worry about driving. And i very very rarely have to get the train when its rush hour.

I dont need to let them know for a good while yet. The above are the dates i have proposed. I just dunno if im being a bit naive about how much i think im going to be able to do/how little i think ive got left to grow.

How long did you take off in total Sams? I thinking about going back to work mid/end Januaryish, theyve said i can go back part time for a few months to get into a routine etc with the baby and Stuarts job and mine.

He does the same kind of job as me so im not entirely sure how its going to work, but im sure we can get something figured out.

Old 19-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #5515
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I took till end of may as maternity then end of June as holidays I've built up. I was off from mid October and he was born 17th November. I'd take longer but we have no money left.

Something Special.

Old 19-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #5516
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

It went well thanks Charlie. My midwife is lovely! Little madam has her head up top and legs down, so she is using my bladder as a trampoline right now!

The bump thing is pretty cool! Quite handy!
How did your scan go? Hope all is well.
I got told I had anemia quite early on, but got to be checked again :/
They also have linked cravings for fag butts and laundry starch to an iron deficiency too!

How are you doing Sam?
X

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 19-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #5517
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Bit of a rough patch but I'll get by thanks.

When I was pregnant he constantly moved from head up to head down. Right till last few weeks! It does feel very different though! Glad your scan went ok. :)

Something Special.

Old 20-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #5518
D-liscious

I am currently:

Hey Girls,

Hope your all well, Im 31 weeks today, see my midwife on monday, when she measured me at my 28week appt i measured 21cm, cant wait to see what ill be this time, i feel like an elephant!! you know your supposed to measure as many cm's as you are weeks, but 1cm either side is ok, I measured 1cm under with Saul

Charlie, Im a nurse, we have to stop 4weeks before our due date cause the job is so physical, and thats what i did first time round and he came 4days early so that worked out well for me, It was a nice amount of time to get the house ready and to rest,
this time i stop 4 and a half weeks before using my annual leave to cut down my work by 1 day a week for the weeks before that,
You are entitled to your entitlement of annual leave while you are on maternity leave, I don't accrew my public holidays (which are added on to my AL entitlement) so I loose 5 days, It is at your managers discression if s/he lets you carry days you have not used, I plan to take a year off so its in my managers best interest to let me take my holidays now, which i will have,
sorry that was so long winded but hope it helps

one other thing, if you intend to work past 4 weeks before your date, and are off sick at 4 weeks before they can put you on to maternity leave

basically employment law is all in your favour, they are not allowed to discriminate agenst you in any way while your off on mat leave

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/...ghts/index.htm
this site is really useful

reach for the stars

Old 20-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #5519
D-liscious

I am currently:

charlie,

Just saw your bump, looks like a girl bump is that what your having? (sorry i cant remember)

have any of you seen this? http://www.webwomb.com/chinesechart.htm is it accurate for your little one?

It was right with Saul

reach for the stars

Old 20-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #5520
squirrelspit

I am currently:

im having a boy Debs, hes sitting very high up though, i can feel him under my ribs almost when he kicks.

I just checked out that chart and yeah its right for
me.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)