RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
hpw

I am currently:
self injury ribbon tattoo

I was thinking it would be cool to get a tattoo of the orange self injury ribbon. with a saying or something on it. I've seen some other peoples that they got on facebook and they look pretty awesome. but I dunno if later in life I would regret getting it,not getting a tattoo cause I have 3 already but getting a tattoo of that subject matter.
what do you guys think?
do any of you have a orange ribbon tattoo?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Diamonds.
04/03/13 <3

I am currently:

No, but i do have "My scars show my battle" across my foot =]

thank you, Lily, for saving mummy's life*.
You are my one and only, you can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight, and you'll be alright.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
green.eyes
killing me softly

I am currently:

i think it'd be a really positive reminder of what you've been through and what you've beaten even in later life- you can look back and be like "i survived, i beat it"
i havent got that but i want a significant one of some sort for my SI.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
deadstar

I am currently:

I agree with Greeneyes. I think it would definitely be worth getting because people who don't SI probably arn't familiar wih it so it wouldn't be an obvious 'look at me i self harm' statement but it sounds like a good way to mark this part of your life because it is part of you and what you have been through.
Good luck which ever way you decide
xxx

Old 02-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Stue

i'm currently trying to work one into my design for my half leg.. quite hard to choose the right place tho and i dont want it to be too obvious but i want people who know the ribbon to notice it..

Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
Rubylou84
Ruby

I am currently:

I dont think i will ever regret a tattoo. I have a right naff one on my back but i still love it! It reminds me of when i was young and nieve! My other ones all have some kinda meaning like a birthday or anniversary or even when i was feeling spontanius! I was thinking of getting a ribbon on the back of my neck. But instead of the loop awarness ribbons are normally in i was thinking something like what corsets look like. So it would look like it was weaving under and over my skin? Do you get what i mean? I just have to get the drawing right to show my tattooist

Heaven doesnt want me and hells afraid ill take over

Old 02-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Wonderland.

That sounds like a great idea i'm gonna get a tattoo one day but i think i will more likely to be words than a picture.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Old 02-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
xXMessedUpXx
And broken once more

I am currently:

I kind of like the idea, but then i was also thinking of getting a buterfly as a more permenent version of that butterfly project thingy :) If you really want it then go for it, as long as you like it it doesnt matter what others think.

Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up

Old 10-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #9
BrokenSmiles

I am currently:

I really like the idea...Recently(well today reading about tattoos) I was thinking about tattoos I would get if i were to get one..and I was thinking on maybe getting one to show the struggles of my self-harm..but im not sure what it would look like or say or anything..I just thought of it today..but I really like the idea

&&She already feels invisible soo it wuoldnt be hard for her to disappear...
It's a ****ed up fairy Tale...&&She's Living It
&&She's been pretending everythings okay like it's her job...And she wants to quit that job and get anew one.
&&She hopes that all the **** she's been through will be worth it in the end
&&shes had her heart ****ed with way to many times.
&&She always has that smile on her face...you know the one that hides all the pain but nobody can tell.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #10
Wonderful.
Pathetic.

Zombieeee thread.

I don't like the idea of people getting ribbons and things.
If you've self-harmed, you already probably have scars that are going to last a life time. A constant reminder of what you went through.
I suppose maybe a tattoo can be a positive thing, especially if you've "recovered". But really, wouldn't it be more meaningful to have something positive... Something that reminds you what you've been through but isn't so specific?

I don't know that's just my opinion anyways.

~Beauty without intellence, is a materpiece painted on a napkin.~
Thank you for everything

Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
Coaster

I am currently:

Hmm I didn't know there was a ribbon for self-harm. Orange, is it? I never thought about getting a self-harm ribbon (because I didn't know) but I've thought man times about pictures that would be symbolic of overcoming self-harm.

I have a rose with thorns and that is symbolic for me. It's like even though life can be rough (the thorns) something beautiful can still come out of it... and it's also symbolic of growth.

I wanted to get a tree on my back, another symbol of growth. And I want something on my shoulder-blade.

If anyone comes up with any ideas of something subtle that symbolizes overcoming self-harm, let me know

(but first I need to overcome it)

Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
xlaurenx

I am currently:

I really like the idea and if a I can get a tattoo . I think its a great idea to show what you have been through that you are strong and you have made it.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
MeganAlmighty

I am currently:

i think it sounds like a great idea...i have 'the futility of my obsession' around my wrist..it looks wicked...never thought of having the orange ribbon...sounds cool..may have to steal your idea and have it added >.<

🌎 Mama Earth 🌏

Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
Coaster

I am currently:

Yah I thought the wrist would be a good place to put a small orange ribbon. Just above my scars on the right side.

Also a good excuse for wearing long sleeves when I get a job. Most work places don't allow tattoos showing. If anyone asked I could just tell them it's because of my tattoo instead of making up a lie.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #15
MeganAlmighty

I am currently:

good plan ;)

🌎 Mama Earth 🌏

Old 11-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #16
flippinterp

I've thought about getting a phoenix tattoo for some of the reasons you've described. I also want something to remind me of what I've been through, survived, and overcome. Yeah, I have scars, but a tattoo would be a prettier reminder. I love the saying "Like a phoenix, I too rise from the ashes of my own destruction." Because even though I self destruct at times, I've come out of it a stronger person. I haven't gotten it yet, mostly because I'm not sure where I want it to be or what I want the design to look like.

I currently have an orange and white bracelet that serves as a reminder, with the words "never alone" on it. Conveniently, covers up a few scars, but that really wasn't my intention in getting it. I rarely take it off, and a couple people have asked me about it. I like that it's not such an obvious thing, and I can tell people various things depending on how well I know them. I don't always let on that it's a reminder of self harm, but usually I say its in support of those who SI or struggle with mental illness. Probably the cutest reaction came from a child who was about 9 at the time. She was like, "Never alone, meaning God is always with you." I wasn't going to change her thinking about that!

Who can attest that when they're at their best
Oh their worst is still crouching close behind
It's coming to peace with the darkness in me
That allows the true light to shine inside
"Ups and Downs" ~ Kendall Payne

Old 11-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
MeganAlmighty

I am currently:

awh jen thats sweet >.<
x

🌎 Mama Earth 🌏

Old 11-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

well personally, I wouldn't get the ribbon as to me that would be like putting 'I (did) self-harm" on mu body. Though if it was something related to self-harm that wasn't obvious to other people, I would. :] I plan to get a tattoo something self-injury related when I'm old enough, just not anything too obvious to do with self-harming, but it's your choice. :) xo.

<3.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #19
Coaster

I am currently:

I told my therapist about the idea of getting a ribbon tattoo... and she thought it would be triggering.

Do any of you think that having the self-harm ribbon would be triggering?

Old 12-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #20
bingie
Claudia,going mad

I am currently:

I've always thought about this idea of getting something to show what ive been through. Unfortunatly my scars are not acceptable to show off.
However I've always decided not to. I love my tattoo's(9atm) but one to remind me of my s/h each day would just make me reflect on my past and how bad I was. I want to reflect on getting over that past not what I went through to get where I will be.

Hope that made sense....

Thought I oughta bare my naked feelings
Thought I oughta tear the curtain down
I held the blade in trembling hands
Prepared to make it but just then the phone rang
I never had the nerve to make the final cut

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)