RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
tryingbutconfused

Needing an increased dose of thyroid replacement?

So I just found out my TSH is going back up after being stable for the last year (before starting recovery). Has anyone else needed an increased dose of thyroid replacement after recovering/starting recovery from Anorexia?

tryingbutconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Yep.

I found that as I recovered and my body got bigger and stronger, it needed more thyroxine to function where as before it could function on a lower amount.

I'm still on a low dose of around 50mcg, but it's stable now and has been for years.

I'm not sure on the biology of it, but perhaps it's to do with other areas of the body functioning better and thus your thyroid ideally needs to function more highly too, but because you have hypothyroidism it doesn't meet the bodies need. Hence needing a higher dose.

I dunnu, I'm not a biochemist lol.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
tryingbutconfused

I'm on a fairly high dose of replacement now. Like like 90-100 mcg of T4 and 18-20 mcg of T3. I'm glad to hear others have experienced the same thing. I'm trying really hard to stay positive, previous Dr left me untreated for 7 years and things got bad, new doctor told me it doesn't work much if at all. I was just getting relief from the symptoms and now their back. Keep having thoughts of relapsing and the thyroid is tempting me even more. But I've come so far, I'm just going to tell myself hold off a few more weeks to see if the adjustment helps me feel better.

tryingbutconfused is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)