RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
charls
Broken Inside

I am currently:
Headache

So for the past week I've had a headache, like on the side of my head, and when I stand up, move my head or yawn, I get a shooting pain, but the rest of the time it's just constant. My psych(ologist) says it's a stress headache cos I'm doing exams, but it's nasty cos it doesn't go away with nurofen. Anyone know anything I can do?

Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
The Goo Goo dolls-Iris

The silent voices are driving me crazy
Simply Red-Stars

Old 08-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

There are many causes of headaches. As you said though tress is probably a major factor for ou at the minute. Obviouly the most obvious option is to remove the stress, but I know that this is possible.

Really what you need to do is get your muscles to and bodyto relax a little bit as i imagine you are probably feeling quite tense at the min. You an buy cooling gel pads that go on your forehead, which i have heard are good. However, I find that a warm towel around the neck can also help relieve tension.

The main thing i to make sure that you are keeping healthy, by getting adequate sleep, exercising and eating healthly. In addtion to deep breathing to make sure that you gain enough oxygen.

Hope that helps.
And good luck in your exams.
Take care
Kim
First Aid Advisor

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Jynxed
Free

I am currently:

Meditation is always good for relaxing, but you might want to also try sitting down and drinking some calming tea. Take at least ten minutes before bed to go through some meditation or have a cup of tea. Calming tea with caffeine is also great for the morning since it relaxes you while the caffeine gives you a small bit of energy so you don't get so relaxed you fall asleep!

-The dragon has spoken.

["My secrets I cannot keep inside...]
"I'm their Secret Keeper, but who is mine?"
[...nor can I keep them from your prying eyes"]

Old 09-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Aidee

I am currently:

I also suggest talking with your medical doctor and not just your psych, because even though your psych is a doctor, they are not a medical doctor, and your normal doc may have some other ideas of what may be causing it.

Headaches can be a side effect of medication, if you have recently stopped, started and changed the dose of a med, and you can also get headaches because of nutritional imbalances if you have an ED.

Keep track of your headaches including what time they stop and start, how severe they are on a scale of 0 to 10, ( 0 = no pain, 10 = worst pain EVER
) And if there is anything that helps or causes a change. For example, you may notice that every time you have caffeine it causes your headache to get worse. That way when you talk to your doctor they have lots of information to figure out why you have been getting headaches.

AD

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
sc0tt

I am currently:

I get a stress headache every week and about 1 migraine every 2 months. Ive found that OTC painkillers that contain Acetaminophen, Aspirin, and Caffeine works great, but there are perscription painkillers that can both treat and prevent stress headaches

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 AM   #6
Jynxed
Free

I am currently:

Caffeine can also cause headaches.

-The dragon has spoken.

["My secrets I cannot keep inside...]
"I'm their Secret Keeper, but who is mine?"
[...nor can I keep them from your prying eyes"]

Old 10-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #7
charls
Broken Inside

I am currently:

Have tried nurofen, aspirin and paracetemol. And I don't drink tea/coffee

Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
The Goo Goo dolls-Iris

The silent voices are driving me crazy
Simply Red-Stars

Old 10-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
morganalefay

I am currently:

hey....i have these headaches constantly and no painkillers do anything to help...i saw the doctor about them and they reccomended Ibprofen and paracetemol, ONLY two of each and you have to eat something before you take them...this is meant to help for stress headaches as the Ibprofen relaxes tense muscles and the paracetemol helps the headache. I find this works better than migrane tablets such as anadin and such and work for about an hour. You can only take this three times a day. You might just want to try it if the headaches are really bad. If not go to your doctor and see if they can refer you to a neurologist, i saw one of these and they do the basic thyroid, blood pressure and reflexes and check your eyes...if the headache is really bad go see the dr just to be on the safe side.
Hope you feel better soon

Old 11-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
sweetness
To be or not to be...

I am currently:

i seem to have headaches 24/7 :(

Old 12-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #10
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

^^^ me too, but i think its cos of the pill
x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #11
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

Mine are realted to St Johns Wort, BY the way for stress headaches which i suffer badly with] I recomend a lonfg hot bath, just lock youself in the bathroom and lie there for a while, it works for me.

you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)