Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
white_silent_darkness
My nickname is SD

I am currently:
Triggering (Sexual Abuse) - Bathing

Anyone like this

Each day when I wake up, I keep finding things to do instead of having a bath... Its only when I run out of things to do that I'm forced to do it. Its not that I don't like to be clean.. I hate that feeling of being dirty! Its just the fact of having to take your clothes off... and being vunerable for that time... Having to touch your body.... and some stuff happened there... Plus feel unsafe when bathing because two of the abusers live with me still!

RYL Family :
White_angel is my big sister
Bookworm3009 is my cousin
White_silence is my little sister
Bubblegum Netmeg is my pet monkey

:heart:

white_silent_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I can relate... at home we have a shower, which I generally find a little easier... but I always put it off and can only have one if I know my boyfriend is in our flat... can't do it if alone...
I also find that having a lock on the door helps...

Quote:
Having to touch your body...
can relate to this too... not sure how to help with this

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Bathing is something I really struggle with as well, I usually shower.

However, these are somethings that have helped me.

I usually shower/bathe with the lights off. However, you do have to make sure that you know where everything is beforehand.

When I'm really having problems, I have showered or bathed with a swimsuit on. There are a handful of occasions that I wore a camisole and a pair of almost worn out shorts to bathe or shower in. This isn't a terribly good idea, because it limits the amount of skin you can clean.

Another idea is to have yourself hold a washcloth to touch yourself. That seems to help me since it's textile/skin not skin on skin. It takes a bit of practice though.

So yeah, I hope that's able to help you. And really, journaling about my feelings and about being clean has really helped me to deal with things.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
BlueB

I am currently:

I find bathing in a swimsuit really helps too...I have anorexia as well so really bad body image issues and it also helps with coping with the SA memories etc if I am sort of covered up.

Having to touch yourself is a tricky one...maybe you could focus on the parts of our body that you feel safe with first and then move to the more difficult ones?

Also try to keep telling yourself,that the abuse was not your fault because I can promise you it really wasn't.Putting a lock on the bathroom door is also a good idea if there isn't one there,it should help you feel safer if you are sure no-one can get in.Maybe you could also try to set a routine of when you are going to have a bath/shower so eventually it becomes just another daily chore sort of thing.

Take care x

BlueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
ghosts in the machine
coimeádaí rún

I am currently:

Yep, I find I have the same problem. It seems to be a bit easier if I shower as I can be done much quicker and so spend less time undressed.

While it sounds disgusting, I shower every 2-3 days unless I absolutely have to daily. Can't cope with more than that ><

Last edited by ghosts in the machine : 02-01-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: I can't spell

For those doubts that swirl all around us
For those lives that tear at the seams
We know… we’re not what we’ve seen

For this dance we’ll move with each other
There ain’t no other step than one foot
Right in front of the other

~ We're marching on... ~

ghosts in the machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
Spoons

I am currently:

baths freaked me out for a long time.
because some sa stuff happened there.
i have them very rarely. plus theres not an option for a bath at uni, its a shower.

but every now and again i have a bath. but i have the shower curtain pulled round the bath, and so many bubbles that i can barely see me.

its got easier with time aswell

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I identify with so much that everybody has said, my only other advice is that I find putting on music helps me calm down while I'm having a bath/shower.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
Swarovski

I am currently:

*hugs*xxx

"Strength doesn't always roar. Sometimes strength is the voice at the end of the day saying i'll try again tomorrow"

Swarovski is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)