Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
Fred!
Jesus loves me, however much I don't <3

I am currently:
Covering wound on hand *graphic*

Good evening...

I have a slight problem (going to the GP tomorrow morning).
I haven't SHd for like 3 months but I've been having problems at work and got too stressed and have done it again. Only this time I've burned my hand.

I can't think of any way to cover it effectively, but I've got a job interview tomorrow morning, and then 4 'Christmas' things over the next 2 weeks, and my little brother's birthday so family will be over on Saturday. I really need some ideas to get it covered. So far I've managed because I generally live in hoodies, and keep the sleeves pulled down, but I don't know how much longer I can keep it hidden.

Or am I just gonna have to suck it up and get some dressings from the GP and put some tubigrip over?

I hope this post is ok. I was doing so well and not SHing, and working, etc. I've quit my job and want to just hide from everything again.

Death is one moment, and life is so many of them.

Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you'll know you're dead.

~ Tennessee Williams

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

I'm actually a girl. My nickname was given by a friend and stuck ;)

Fred! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:31 AM   #2
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Hello, buddy!

Well done for not self-harming for 3 months! It's a great achievement. Slipping up in stessful situations is understandable and I hope you know it doesn't cancel that you've done really well for 3 months. But right now it's important to get the burn checked out by a doctor. I really do think that in order to cover it up you should start with going to your GP and getting proper dressings. That's the best solution if healing is your priority. If you're worried about people noticing - even if they do, burn on a hand isn't a very suspicious thing, and unless people are aware that you're a self-harmer, they will probably think it's just an accidental household trauma. So I don't think your interviewer will get suspicios. Your family might guess what happened if they know you're a self-harmer, but I think if they already do, then it's best just to be honest.

Hope everything goes well for you, and good luck with your job interview!

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:23 AM   #3
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

How did everything go? Best of luck to you!

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
Fred!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassedExpectations View Post
How did everything go? Best of luck to you!
hey. Thanks for your reply. I never checked back here because I forgot to set up notifications (d'oh) my hand got a lot worse before I stopped burning it. And I didn't get the job. But my hand is now healed fairly well although it will scar because it was full thickness burn.

Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you'll know you're dead.

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 28-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
Fred!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juella View Post
Hello, buddy!

Well done for not self-harming for 3 months! It's a great achievement. Slipping up in stessful situations is understandable and I hope you know it doesn't cancel that you've done really well for 3 months. But right now it's important to get the burn checked out by a doctor. I really do think that in order to cover it up you should start with going to your GP and getting proper dressings. That's the best solution if healing is your priority. If you're worried about people noticing - even if they do, burn on a hand isn't a very suspicious thing, and unless people are aware that you're a self-harmer, they will probably think it's just an accidental household trauma. So I don't think your interviewer will get suspicios. Your family might guess what happened if they know you're a self-harmer, but I think if they already do, then it's best just to be honest.

Hope everything goes well for you, and good luck with your job interview!
Thanks xx Sorry for the lack of response. I didn't get the job but nobody ever really comments on my burns. Except my mum.

~ Tennessee Williams

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)