Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
Cedrus

I am currently:
Can't cope at cygnet

I'm really struggling at the moment. I just want to go home, major home sickness going on.

How has anyone else lasted long admissions? I've been in hospital since October. Apparently this place is 15 months to be assessed and then do two lots of dbt.

I haven't gelled with any of the patients as Ive been worried they're all bit ching about me. There's a pseudo 'nurse' there whose playing mind games with me.

Yesterday I just cried and cried to the point where I've been feeling suicidal. I know I'm lucky to have this opportunity but it's such a tough environment. I don't know. I don't know what I want from this post.

I've just started a new medicine that's meant to help with how efficient the clozapine and aripiprazole is. I'm out on one off leave right now.

Struggling so much :(

sticks and stones may break your bones but words can tear your heart out.

Cedrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hi Cedrus I'm so sorry you are struggling. Are you able to talk to staff? X

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

You've not been there long in the grand scheme of things, it's normal to feel unsettled, homesick and unsure about the patients/staff at the beginning. In all my admissions I felt like that at the start. My longest admission was 6 months to do DBT. It took me maybe a month to feel settled. I never liked every single nurse, but I learned who would listen to me and help and who to stay away from. It will be the same with patients, not all of them might like you but remember they are unwell too. They are probably as wary of you as you are them, but as you get to know each other you will all get friendlier. In a way it's like a new person starting at school partway through the year.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)