RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-02-2012, 03:09 AM   #41
rara avis

I am currently:

Thanks for the reply Oly.

Those are pretty high percentages for olanzapine, I don't think I could deal with weight gain. Though my psychiatrist has said to me if I lose much more weight I'll be on my way to an ED unit. I don't see it though. He's got me on those meal replacement drinks though I only really have them when the staff give me a hard time about it.

I'm glad the aripiprazole is helpful for you, I didn't realise it worked on negative symptoms, that's good. I had my first dose of it this morning, now the waiting game.

I'm trying to be logical and believe that there are not any cameras but logic keeps slipping away.

Ryan is coming in to visit with my mother today. I'm looking forward to seeing him. I helped him with a book report a little while ago and he got an A+! He's enjoying school and I think the aide is really doing him good. It's a relief because school could have been a disaster.

I'm going to do some journalling and drawing before they get here.

rara avis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #42
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rara avis View Post
Thanks for the reply Oly.

Those are pretty high percentages for olanzapine, I don't think I could deal with weight gain. Though my psychiatrist has said to me if I lose much more weight I'll be on my way to an ED unit. I don't see it though. He's got me on those meal replacement drinks though I only really have them when the staff give me a hard time about it.

I'm glad the aripiprazole is helpful for you, I didn't realise it worked on negative symptoms, that's good. I had my first dose of it this morning, now the waiting game.

I'm trying to be logical and believe that there are not any cameras but logic keeps slipping away.

Ryan is coming in to visit with my mother today. I'm looking forward to seeing him. I helped him with a book report a little while ago and he got an A+! He's enjoying school and I think the aide is really doing him good. It's a relief because school could have been a disaster.

I'm going to do some journalling and drawing before they get here.
You're welcome. Sorry if this sounds really ignorant (I've never had an ED) but what is it most that scares you about putting on weight? I hope that you won't end up in an ED unit.

Thanks. Aripiprazole is a dopamine partial agonist, so it increases levels of dopamine in areas of the brain (like the mesocortical pathways) where dopamine is low (low dopamine in some areas of the brain = negative symptoms). Although it does help with positive too as I know a few people on it by itself and it helps them.

I understand the feeling of logic slipping away. Can you try and write a list of reasons why the cameras can't be there?

I'm glad that Ryan is doing well :)

How is the journalling and drawing going?

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #43
NoAngel
Amy

I am currently:

i had problems thinking there were cameras on me, i think making a list of reasons how there cant be any cameras is a good idea. having a close inspection of where i thought there were cameras (and realising that there definetly isnt) helped me.

Stay strong little fighter...
...tomorrow will be brighter

NoAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #44
rara avis

I am currently:

Oly, your support means a lot to me, thank you.

You don't sound ignorant at all. The hardest thing is physically getting bigger. For me it is also a control thing, my psychiatrist thinks it's because growing up I had no control in terms of my family situation, that I found something (eating or lack thereof) that I could control. I don't think I will end up in an ED unit because they have being weighing me pretty frequently and my weight is low but stable. I hope I don't have to go too.

Thanks for the information on aripiprazole, I didn't know that. I hope it helps with the positive symptoms.

I will write a list, that's a good idea.

I'm very glad Ryan is doing well too.

The journalling and drawing is going well. I've started an art journal that incorporates writing and art together.

Take care Oly.

Sparklesx, thanks for the reply
I will write a list, it is a good idea. I had a very close look at where I thought they and the listening devices were but I'm still pretty sure they are there and I just can't find them.

Rara

Old 26-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #45
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rara avis View Post
Oly, your support means a lot to me, thank you.

You don't sound ignorant at all. The hardest thing is physically getting bigger. For me it is also a control thing, my psychiatrist thinks it's because growing up I had no control in terms of my family situation, that I found something (eating or lack thereof) that I could control. I don't think I will end up in an ED unit because they have being weighing me pretty frequently and my weight is low but stable. I hope I don't have to go too.

Thanks for the information on aripiprazole, I didn't know that. I hope it helps with the positive symptoms.

I will write a list, that's a good idea.

I'm very glad Ryan is doing well too.

The journalling and drawing is going well. I've started an art journal that incorporates writing and art together.

Take care Oly.
Hi Rara,
You're welcome. Any time.
Thanks. Ok I see, the control thing is understandable. I don't think that your psych will allow you to become "big" but at the same time it is not good to be too light. Please keep trying to eat/drink the nutrition drinks. Have you seen a dietician? Sorry if I'm not much help on the eating front, I have no experience of eating problems so I find it hard to give advice.
I hope that the aripiprazole will help. Are you having any side-effects? What time do you take it?
Did you write the list? I hope it helps.
I hope that Ryan will continue to recover.
Art journal sounds cool.
Best wishes,
Oly

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 26-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #46
rara avis

I am currently:

Thanks Oly,
I'm having the drinks as often as i can manage, I've got more nurses hassling me about it now, because i was weighed today and I've lost a bit. They are talking about making it compulsory not a choice. Thats pretty scary. I've seen dieticians before, come up with meal plans but i can never stick to them. I also have food allergies which makes things difficult as every second thing I'm allergic to. Don't be sorry at all, you are wonderful :)

I hope the aripiprazole will help too, though my psychiatrist doesn't think it's likely to help. He's thinking of Clozapine (I think thats what its called) in dept form. I'm not having any side effects yet, but its only been a couple of days. I take it in the morning as my psychiatrist said it can make it difficult to sleep when taken at night.

I did write the list, i ripped it up the first time because I was frustrated and didn't believe a word I'd written, but i wrote it up again and it's on the cork board in my room with my other logic list.

I've had a bad day today, though surprisingly I'm doing ok tonight, just battling a bit with the Voices. A nurse caught me standing on a chair trying to look for cameras in the light bulb today.

I hope Ryan continues to get better too. It was great to see him when he came to visit. He even drew me a picture of a Lion which is also on my cork board.

The art journal is a good outlet, and i really enjoy my writing and drawing.

Old 27-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #47
Steel Maiden

You're welcome and thanks.
I'm sorry to hear that eating is so hard and that the nurses are threatening you. I am not sure what to suggest as I have never experienced a situation like that myself, sorry.
Clozapine doesn't exist in depot form in the UK, are you sure that it is in depot form? Because I thought the agranulocytosis risk would prevent Clozapine being formulated into a depot? I've been on Clozapine. It has helped many but the side-effects can be hard to contend with (I stopped it for that reason). The Aripiprazole probably will take 2-6 weeks to work though.
Keep trying at your logic list.
Feeling like there are cameras around is a very scary experience. With the lightbulb bit, here's my logical ideas for arguing against there being cameras in your lightbulb: a lightbulb has argon gas in it and a tungsten wire. This tungsten wire has to be heated to 2000 degrees Celsius (or thereabouts) in order for it to emit light. A camera would not function at 2000C. Even if it is an energy saving lightbulb, the camera, in that case, would not work in the mercury vapour and the electric discharges in the bulb would overcome the camera and cause it to malfunction totally. Hope that helps :)
I'm glad Ryan and the art journal is so helpful.

Old 27-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #48
Duck

I am currently:

Hello,
Olanzapine works more quickly than many meds. It can work straight away or in a few days. It might be that you would only need it for a short time until the aripiprazole starts working.
I wonder, could it be chlorpromazine depot they are suggesting, instead of clozapine?
I am glad you are managing to do some art.

Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #49
rara avis

I am currently:

Thanks Oly,
I've had two of the meal replacement drinks today, but I feel awfully big.
You are right I was talking to my psychiatrist today and I had gotten muddled up. He was talking about risperidone depot OR clozapine. I got confused.

Thank you for that in depth logic, it helps a lot.

Duck, thanks.
I refused the olanzapine as I am not keen on the weight gain. I got the medications all confused, my brain wasn't working too well.
Doing art helps, it's a good outlet as well as being a distraction.

I went to uni today and managed to get through it all, I have some assignments to do in the next week. I'm feeling quite tired and like I'm about to lose my grip. I'm trying to do some grounding techniques that a nurse taught me. I hope I can make it to uni tomorrow.

Old 28-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #50
Duck

I am currently:

Well done on uni, you are very brave to go when things are so difficult. Can you ask for deadline extensions if need be?

Old 29-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #51
Steel Maiden

Well done for getting to uni.

I am sorry to hear you feel big, but I doubt you are big if you're clinically underweight. I'm sorry to hear that eating is producing so much stress for you.

Clozapine has a good efficacy as a drug but the side-effects can be a bit of a pain for some people. I've been on oral risperidone before but I cannot remember exactly what it was like as I was 15 when I took it (I'm 22 now).

Keep up with the art journalling, it sounds like it has a really positive impact on you.

Old 29-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #52
rara avis

I am currently:

Hey Oly,
Thanks. The eating hasn't been on my mind at all today though the reason isn't a good one.
I attempted to go to uni today but I was followed by the Spybots and I flipped out. Someone called the police and I ended up in the back of a police car and driven back to hospital. They sedated me and are keeping an eye on me. I was in ICU for a couple of hours. I don't know how I'm feeling now....

Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #53
Duck

I am currently:

I am sorry today has been so tough, sounds scary.
Can you use your art to show how you are feeling now?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #54
rara avis

I am currently:

thanks duck
i cant draw right now, no focus
i don't want to be sedated anymore.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #55
Duck

I am currently:

Feeling sedated is rubbish, but they will be doing it to try to give you a rest from all the scary things that have been happening. Can you just watch tv or listen to some music for a bit, try to rest?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #56
rara avis

I am currently:

Thanks for the reply Duck.
I hate it, they are giving me chlorpromazine three times a day. I've been watching some movies which semi-distracts me.
I've tried telling the staff and my Dr that it isn't helping and that I really don't like being sedated but to no avail.

I got a text last night from my closest friend saying he's probably coming in to the hospital I'm in. He's a member here too. So that's sad but also nice :/

Old 04-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #57
Steel Maiden

I'm very sorry to hear this has happened. And being sedated is horrible. I hope that your friend will be helpful. Are you on 100mg chlopromazine three times daily? I get extremely annoyed with psychiatrists that sedate their patients because it is "convenient" for them. Can you write a letter to your psychiatrist and tell him how unhelpful being sedated is?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #58
rara avis

I am currently:

Yeah 100mg three times a day. I hate it. It's just making me lethargic and slow. Not really helping with my symptoms. I read that it can take over six weeks for Aripiprazole to start working My Dr has pretty much implied (after what happened with the police) that I'm not going home until it has kicked in. I don't know what else i can day to my Dr about it, but I'll have a think.

I've been living with my headphones in, its the only way i can function most of the time.
I haven't done anything stupid since the police incident so I'm hoping that they'll cut down the chlorprom.

My friend was admitted and he's in his room now. He's having a hard time. I'm giving him some space. He's actually an RYLer though hasn't been on in quite some time.
I hope he's ok.

I was just weighed again and they are threatening with an ED unit, so I'm sitting here trying to drink the meal replacement drink.... trying being the operative word....
I just want to get out of here.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #59
Duck

I am currently:

The fastest way out is usually to do what you are told I am afraid. Drink the drinks and try to stay calm so they cannot come up with reasons to sedate you.
I hope your friend feels better enough to talk to you soon.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #60
rara avis

I am currently:

Duck, thank you.
You are right. I'm trying to drink the drinks, I've had two today, I couldn't drink the third. I'll try again tomorrow.
I'm trying to stay calm but I'm struggling at the moment. I was pretty good for a few days, just voices that I drowned out with music. Today I made it to uni, but freaked out (on a smaller scale) and came back without going in. Another thing I'll try again for tomorrow.
My friends is still struggling. I'm going to give him my iPad tonight so he can come online.
Hope you are well
Rara

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)