RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-04-2017, 03:56 AM   #1
Rogue

It's been approximately 2 years since my last cut, but I'm craving again

I miss it so much. I live alone now so it's a bit easier to get away with it if I do it on places covered by clothing..

I don't know what to do, I don't want to use coping skills to get rid of the trigger, I want to cut so badly.

I miss it so much. I long for it, I imagine my skin covered in cuts and I imagine the great release I gain from it. It's stuck in my head. The urges are so strong. I haven't done it in almost 2 years, don't know the exact time, but it's been out of my mind for ages and now I just want to do it, but safely. Just little cuts.

I have a therapist, but I don't want to turn to her. I just want to keep this to myself.

What should I do?

Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 07:03 AM   #2
Tixy

I am currently:

Hey

Is there any reason why you don't want to talk to your therapist about wanting to harm yourself? I do recommend talking to her and exploring the reasons behind your feelings as this may help.

take care

X

If we OWN the story then we can write the ending.

Brene Brown

Tixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

Hi Rogue,

I agree with Tixy that it's a good idea to share these thoughts and feelings with your therapist. Maybe you could even print this thread out and show it to them?

From experience... I've not cut for a long long time and then the seed gets planted in my head and I think about it and then I fantasise about it and then the thought gets out of control and I glorify it and then decide that cutting would solve everything in my head and it's the only that will help and it will be amazing etc.... so then I cut and it's disappointing, it changes nothing, it doesn't have the effect I wanted and then I have another cut and another scar and feel exactly the same way.

I'm not saying this will happen to you but the way you're talking about cutting sounds like my mind when I'm in this way of thinking.

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
MyLastKiss

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
What should I do?
DON'T do it.
Easier said than done IK.
Be strong *hugs* etc

MyLastKiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)