Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #41
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Are your support workers any good at advocating for you? Perhaps they could chase things up every time you see them. Unfortunately it is often those that shout the loudest get the support.

I understand that you feel so awful. It's horrible when you can't escape it. Do you know what you would like from the mental health team?

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #42
MissGranger

I am currently:

They are yes but I think they've got fed up with chasing the mh team! My mum has asked them to call her back. Yes it seems that way. It's not fair really. I just could need some more hours of care with my support workers and just general support from a care coordinator. Someone who understands.

MissGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #43
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I’m sorry you don’t feel supported by services. What kind of thing would the extra hours help you with? What are your current support workers helping with? I guess unfortunately, that even when MH services respond, they won’t be able to agree more hours support because they will need to apply
For funding for it from social care most likely. It would speed up the process though if you were able to say what support you needed and with what, and for how long. Normally when someone moves placements they examine what hours support they were using at the previous placement and for what. Do you think you were using more hours there? What can’t uou manage in community now that you were in your previous placement?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #44
MissGranger

I am currently:

There's lots of things I need help with. I often run out of time with the support workers due to limited time. I've been told my care package can be reviewed at any time and that it will be looked into once I've got a new care coordinator and my support workers and family agree that I need more hours. I have gone from having 24/7 support available to only 9 hours in a week. It's like I've been chucked in at the deep end.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #45
MissGranger

I am currently:

Think I need to stop taking my medication. I can't bear this anymore.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #46
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Stopping your meds might make things worse in different ways. Are you still struggling with the side effects? Does anyone know that you feel like stopping your meds? Please try and talk to someone rather than taking things into your own hands, it's never a good idea to stop meds without support from medical people.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #47
MissGranger

I am currently:

Yeah I'm still struggling with the side effects, can't deal with it anymore. I haven't had meds since yesterday afternoon. I have no one to discuss it with.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #48
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Would your GP be managing your meds at the moment? Stopping meds cold turkey might leave you feeling worse.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #49
MissGranger

I am currently:

I don't know who would be managing them. My care team has changed and I have no appt come through yet with the psych. I don't have a GP that I know as my surgery has changed as well.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #50
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

Is there anyone you could ring to find out who you can talk to about your medication now?

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #51
MissGranger

I am currently:

I don't think so, no.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #52
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

A pharmacist could maybe offer some advice if you go to the chemist where you get your meds from. Or you could phone the CMHT and let them know that you need some advice/support asap.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #53
MissGranger

I am currently:

That's a good idea but last time I told a pharmacist I came off medication they told my GP. I'd be scared of them telling someone again.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #54
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

What scares you about them telling someone? It's important that you do what is safe and keeps you as well as possible, so you probably would have to speak to a GP at some point. People will just want to do what is best for you, I don't think stopping meds cold turkey would be advised by anyone but the sooner you speak to someone the sooner something can hopefully be sorted out with regards to the side effects etc.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #55
MissGranger

I am currently:

I don't know I guess I'm just worried I'll feel out of control or something. I was thinking of telling one of my support workers but when I had the chance I just couldn't admit to it. I think my support worker today suspects I've stopped at least it seems that way by what she put in my notes.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #56
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

If there is a support worker that you feel like you could be honest with then please do. Someone will find out sooner or later that you aren't taking your meds so surely it would be better if you could choose who to confide in and hopefully have some say in what happens from here. If you become really unwell then you're likely to have less control.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #57
MissGranger

I am currently:

I had the opportunity today but stupidly decided I would lie instead. You're right, they will find out sooner or later. I guess I need to tell someone I just don't know who to tell or how long I can get away with lying for.

Old 13-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #58
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

How are you getting on?

Old 13-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #59
MissGranger

I am currently:

I had a new support worker come yesterday so didn't feel able to tell her about the meds situation and it looks like I've got another new support worker tomorrow too. I'm dreading it because the one I saw yesterday I felt really awkward with and she seemed to know nothing about mental health.

Don't know what to do with myself so I guess today will be another day spent in bed.

Old 13-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #60
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

When I was under the Crisis Team it was hard to be honest because I didn't know them, but it helped to write them notes. Would that make a difference for you?

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)