Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
-Tough-Cookie-
Life is a contradiction at times - as am I

I am currently:
Can you tell me about being IP please?

*pokes head in*waves*

I dont post here but i'm 22 and well most of RYLers are teens...and well i would like information about IP and obviously teen wards arnt really suitable to ALREADY GREYING me!

basically...i'v breifly been IP at an ED place (this was about 15months ago) and since them i'v made much improvments with my ED (inspite of my negative EDU experience) and although i remain underweight i dont beleive anorexia is my primary issue anymore.

I have OCD, PTSD, anxiety, social issues, identity issues, body dismophia, depression, anxiety... yeh you get the picture.

So all of that kinda thrown me up in the air...my ED psych doesnt care and my T has expressed growing concern but is private (an seems to have an amazing belef in me)....

so anyhow...we (my OH and myself) were talking about weather i needed more support/what that would be/where we could get that/if it meant IP etc.

And basically i was wondering if people could tell me there experiences of IP and any treatment you (IP or not) found helped?

Id really appreciate it guys!

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
----
----

-Tough-Cookie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

As said above, it depends where you are. Most adult units dont tend to offer a lot treatment wise whilst your there, there mainly observational and used to keep you safe. One with therapy would be beneficial i imagine.

If you do go, I would advise you to take plenty of stuff to occupy yourself with as time can tend to drag while your in there.

Keep us updated Kel.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
-Tough-Cookie-

I am currently:

i'm not really *sure* as to if this thought track is ever going anywhere. Not seen my psych in a while (see her thursday) and its been a recent thought following the crash i've recently experienced.

I dont think IP is necasery as a place to keep me safe in the very literal sence...in that i'm rearly home alone anyway... but after therapy if i go near the painful stuff i end up cracking up...an we cant even jump in at the stuff because well if the surface makes me crazy the middle of it deffinatly will.

Bu ther doesnt seem much support available locally in addition to my therapy (my dr even refused me anymore therapy). However its becoming mroe and more obvious to us that i do need something more than what i'm getting because where i am is complciated and in an hour a week...i could be 90 before someone understands where im at.

Hopefully that makes sence.

I'm in Cheshire if that helps in anyway with anything. Nope. IDK

----
----

Old 16-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
-Tough-Cookie-

I am currently:

Hey trace.

We tried this last week after having to get my GP to stay in practice while i made the journey there because i was cracking up (as you were witness to the effects of aswell)...however even amoung all the third person, detached, panicked crazyness i was expereicing she was unwilling to much of anything....
am i asking the wrong people?
I even recently after looking on oncall shrink in the face and saying 'i want to die' got sent home with a sedative. nice huh?

----
----

Old 16-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

hi hun, i have no experiance of being an IP. i have a mentle health team wich is a lot of help as my OT checks in with me alot depending on how much i need it, from once every 2 weeks, to every day. i got in touch with them for being in A+E at crisis point! sorry im no help really. xxx

ella1 is my twiny twin twin!

Kija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

Do you have a social worker or a CPN at all?
Perhaps that would be the next option.
This would allow you to have someone you can call when things get rough and they can liaise with the different members of your care team.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
-Tough-Cookie-

I am currently:

Maybe thats the problem *explains*

before i was sent to the ED team i did have a CPN for a very breif period of time...but i lost that support and anything else that could have come from community because my care was transfered to the ED team

*ponders*

Maybe i should ask to be sent back to community?

----
----

Old 16-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #8
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

what kind of ip would you be thinking of going for?
would it be more general ip,ed ip.......?
i know you went ip for your ed before,but since youre in cheshire you could see if you could get funding for ed ip at cheadle royal hosp?(if you google affinity healthcare,you can find out more about them)
x

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
Yellow
No Escape From Solitude

I am currently:

in my experiences in the hospitals (ive been in many), they are basically just a safe haven until you are stable enough to care for yourself. however, there are some hospitals that have long term stays that offer more intensive therapy. ive just never been able to afford them.
ive found that ive gotten the best help and moved forward while outside of hospital and going to my therapy every week and staying consistent with my meds. but if you feel you may hurt yourself or just need a "break", then i would say give it a try.
thinking of you.
much love.
xxxxxxxxxx

A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
carla1983
carla1983

I am currently:

sounds like u would benfit from a therptic community hosp i was in the henderson hosptial hosp last year i only did 4 months should of been a year but i wasnt ready at the time to be able to deal with the issues therphy brought up but its a very helpful place to go im currently waiting for funding and a specalised bed in another unit which deals with ed self harm bpd etc hpoing to go to the cassle in richmound surry for a year for intense treatment and group sessions i also have ed which is part of my bpd so a edu would not deal with my needs pm me anytime for more info xx

carla1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

I've had good and bad experiences. The worst being the pschy intensive care unit... i wasn't nuts. Just busy trying to kill myself. But while I was in there another patient kept threatening to kill me and stalking me around the unit... so that was a bad exp.

Good though is a proper pysch hosp and i got a fair amount of therapy and stuff. so it depends on the type of ip and the hosp really!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #12
Lil'MissLaLa
Art is a lie that makes us realise the truth

I am currently:

Hey kel, a therapeutic community sounds like it could be of benefit to you more than general ip. General ip is usually used as a last resort to someone who is unsafe at home and generally offers little/no support on past issues. I went to a therapeutic community for a while and it helped a lot as it was staffed 24/7 but it was just like living independantly in every other sense. As long as you participated in the program, at all other times you were free to come and go as you pleased. The only obstacle in this would be the funding issue. Its highly expensive and a lot of health trusts won't fund it unless everything else has been tried and shown to not work. Another option is a similar idea, but i have a friend who is at Althea Park in Stroud. They have different components to the community like a 'site' for people who si and another one for people struggling from eds. As far as im aware they do provide therapy etc but they also help you to live as independantly as possible. But again, you'd need funding. Would it be worth presenting these ideas to ure psych? depending on what you think about it of course!
much love
Dani
xx

'Imagination is more important than knowledge'

http://maddani.deviantart.com/

Lil'MissLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #13
-Tough-Cookie-

I am currently:

Thanks everyone youv given me things to concider.

I will talk to my therapist and il try to talkto my shrink on thursday and see what they say/think.

Things only seem to be getting worse.

But im hanging in.

----
----

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)