RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Embles

I am currently:
General Medical Question - Non Urgent - Continuous headache & problems with doctor.

Hey
I've been getting a headache for the last 3 days, strongest in the evening, and when I cough & sneeze it gets worse. Over these 3 days its been getting worse & worse Im ending up in a hell of alot of pain. I never normally get headaches, which makes it slightly worrying. I havent really been under any stress or anything like that, but I have been ill.

As in ill I mean hot/cold spells, the hot spells making me feel freezing with a temperature, the cold spells making me take about an hour and a half to get to a normal temperature, coughing and some slight vomiting.

Heres the problem , due to several serious OD's in the past, I have severe/ almost impossible trouble swallowing pills , and taking any in powder forms, so Im really hesitant to go to the doctors, but if it hasnt cleared up by the 6th, I will go =S
But until then, does anybody have any idea what it could be? All comments appreciated, sorry this is so long
Em
x x

We’ve got obsessions
I want to erase every nasty thought that bugs me every day of every week
We’ve got obsessions
You never tell me what it is that makes you strong and what it is that makes you weak.

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

there's been a lot of flu going around with lots of people ill over Christmas, hopefully what you have is less severe, but it sounds along the same lines as that.

can you take liquid paracetamol? lemsip etc hot drinks? i would suggest taking as instructed on the packet unless a dr/FA advisor says otherwise?
mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
lostandalone3
This Member is currently Banned

Hey i am just making an assumption here but since you have been sick the headaches may be due to sinusnitius (Sp?). Basically your sinuses may be blocked which can cause headaches.

Is it tender to touch over your cheekbones? Anyway you could always try a steam inhalation using vicks, that should help clear up your sinuses relieve the pressure and help with the headaches.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #4
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

^ i was just going to say that.
it can give you a wicked headache, if you go see your gp they will check you over and see if it is that.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
Animad

We can't really say here what is and isn't going on. There are a lot of causes of headaches and sometimes just feeling under the weather and the stress that puts on your body can cause them but so can loads of other things.

If you can drinking lemon & honey may help with your cold like symptoms but even better would be Lempsip as Mand mentioned earlier (but remember that is a paracetamol containing product and some types I think now contain other meds (I think there are ones specifically designed for colds/ flu) so if you are on any other meds (which I don't think you are by the sounds of it) then read the leaflets/ packets and make sure it doesn't say you can't use them at all.

As you live in the UK the I would suggest to ring NHS Direct; 0845 46 47 & then take their advice, if it doesn't begin to improve within the next day or so get checked out.

It may help reading through the Headaches Article.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)