RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 13-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #1921
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Was ok thanks. Kind of.

My meds should be increased because I had another seizure, but she won't do it because of my OD risk. Even though it would only be a 25mg increase. Seems a bit ridiculous.
Still on 3 day prescriptions.
I'm not sure when she'll stop that. It's getting a bit of a pain. And for some reason I have more meds than I should, I have 3 prescriptions that can be picked up now which is 9 days worth and still got some in my week box thing.
I really don't know how that has happened.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #1922
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I imagine 3 day prescriptions are a pain in the ass themselves. Would it be worth agreeing not to OD on that particular medication, to stop all the hassle?

Also, this is probably wayy off on a tangent, and maybe not even possible, but some medications are made in lots of doses, and I wondered if it was worth prescribing you tablets that were the lowest dose (but more of them to make a dose) to reduce your OD risk. I don't know if this made sense.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 13-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #1923
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Very much so. I find it hard enough to leave the house anyway and I just don't manage to get to Tesco every 3 days.

How would it reduce the risk if it's still the same dose that I have to take?

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #1924
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I think it would reduce the risk like this-

Imagine you were taking 100mg twice a day (I just made that up). Instead of having lots of 100mg tablets lying about (which if you OD'd on all of them you'd be very unwell) they could prescribe two 50s.

So the tablets would be a smaller dose each. And as you'd take more tablets each dose you wouldn't have lots of tablets lying about.

It might work.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 13-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #1925
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

^Exactly this. I think it could reduce your risk, because the overdoses would be smaller.

Old 13-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #1926
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

But if I took a whole 3 days worth it wouldn't matter what size the tablets were if I took all of the 3 days?
I'm probably being a bit dense!

I'm having second thoughts about the anti psychotic thing. Kind of explained it in my RV but it boils down to the fact that I am functioning and have done for 3 years without meds.
I've seen people with actual illnesses who stop taking their meds and it affects them loads, but I'm still able to actually function so what would be the point?
And I'm pretty sure the cmht are only willing to trial them because they can't think of anything else to do with me.

Just don't want to be taking unnecessary meds.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #1927
youonlyliveonce

U have just admitted ur not functioning by not leaving the house etc wat do u class as functioning

Old 13-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #1928
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I haven't killed myself or anyone else, I'm paying bills, I'm eating and I leave the house for appointments and to buy cigarettes. I'm also still doing uni work. Not very well, but I'm doing it.

I'm finding it difficult to function without prn, but I'm still doing it.

Just that I know I shouldn't compare myself to other people, but I'm doing this stuff without meds, I'm not sure how medication would help and I just keep thinking about people I've met in hospital over the years who were on meds and when they came off them they got really ill really fast and it's just that I'm not like that so I most likely don't need meds.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 14-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #1929
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I've asked mods to lock the thread because it's kind of just becoming me trying to convince people of something and you guys trying to convince me otherwise and random updates about things that aren't serious, so it shouldn't really be taking up a space here because I'm not in immediate crisis or anything.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the support before the thread is locked, I really do appreciate it so much, even though it may not seem like it sometimes!

Love you guys! <3

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 14-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #1930
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I think that's fair enough. Just remember, you're always welcome to start a new thread if you need to. :)

Take care of yourself.

Old 14-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #1931
Tig

Closing on Beckie's request but Beckie, you can ask us to re-open it if needed.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)