RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
CatFairy

I am currently:
Ignorant people

today i got relay upset and angry. i have been going to Knit and Natter group to try improve my social circle and social life. today a lady said to her friend loudly "my neighbours for thirty years have been claiming benefits and haven't worked a day in there life, apparently because of mental health issues, what they need is a good kick up the arse." me being me said. "i think that's really offensive" she told me to grow up. i lost it telling her that its people like her and there attitudes that make life difficult for people with mental health. and what gives here the right to judge people.. ect. i walked out and burst into tears. I,m still upset, frustrated and embarrassed about it now.
two other members of the group came to check on me and they want me to come back and are willing to meet up before hand and come in with me because of my anxiety. to be honest all i want to do is hide in my house forever.

how do you deal with things like this?

CatFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

Unfortunately the world is full of ignorant people and especially those that like to voice opinions loudly about matters they don't fully understand.

I hope you go back to the group and not let them ruin it for you. There are probably two ways to deal with it - either go back and ignore them... or go back and try to talk to them about it? Don't hide or be embarrassed, you did a good thing by speaking up.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #3
Straight 3

I am currently:

That was brave to speak op for what (you know) is right and wrong. I hope you go back and resume with your group, people like that are bullies and want to make themselves better by putting others down. They are weak.

That being said.. people like that are everywhere form lines in the store and sitting in restaurants. Life is also about self preservation as well so try to pick your battles because some people will never change regardless of anything you say/do, best to give them little of your time and attention as possible and try to not give them the power they seek by allowing people like that to rattle you (or at least see a reaction from you).

Be proud of yourself and stay strong.

Take care :)

Straight 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
CatFairy

I am currently:

thank you. this has given me a lot to think about >^..^<

CatFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I agree with the others. It's good that other members have offered their support with coming into the group. I hope you can go back to the group.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #6
nonperson

I am currently:

I know it’s hard but really do try not to let those few rubbish people ruin it for you. It sounds like the two people from the group who came to check on you are nice supportive people and care about you a lot so maybe that will help with the anxiety.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)