RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 06:32 AM   #41
crazykat
Fight for another day

1. Bad experiences in life does not make us weak.
  2. Needing support does not make us selfish
  3. Just because they hurt us doesn't mean we have to hurt ourselves
  4. The best things in life are worth fighting for!
  5. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger
  6. If you can't handle me at my worst you dont deserve me at my best
  7. Don't ever let anyone talk you out of being yourself
  8. We are worth more than the sum of our experiences
  9. We are not defined by our past
  10. Asking for help is not weak, and talking is not bad
  11. The ability to feel guilt, and pain, and love is what separates us from the people who hurt us - and what makes us better and stronger than them
  12. Everyday that we are still here we are winning
  13. It's okay to cry
  14. Reaching the bottom makes reaching the top even more amazing when you get there and makes you appreciate it so much more.
  15. Knowing you can get through something awful and come out of the other side can give you so much strength, confidence and pride in yourself.
  16. You are not alone. People do not think anything bad about you because of what has happened. People care about you and want to help, and you DO deserve that support
  17. You still have value.
  18. Having bad things done to you does not make you a bad person.
  19. Anything you did out of fear was not your fault. It was the fault of the person who threatened you.
  20. People won't hate you when they know about the abuse. You're not the one who should be hated.
  21. Hindsight is a powerful but destructive thing, how you acted in the past was based on the knowledge you held then. Do not judge it on the knowledge to hold now.
  22. Its never too late to be what you could have been
  23. Your future does not have to reflect your past
  24. When the shadows pass the sun will shine all the brighter
  25. You deserve love and support
  26. You have the right to be and to feel safe
  27. If you were physically ill then you would not be expected to heal too quickly, or on your own
  28. You are only as sick as the secrets you keep
  29. You have the right to feel anger and hurt over the things that happened to you
  30. You are the engine for your dreams. Your dreams never give up on you and you never give up on them
  31. It is not important to get it perfect, it is important to get it started
  32. The bluntest pencil can be sharpened and the dullest surface can be polished until it shines
  33. (this one is corny but what the heck) You had the brains, and the courage, and the heart, all along
  34. It's only in your head you feel left out, or looked down on ( lyrics )
  35. You cannot create a rainbow without rain... we cannot know joy until we have known sorrow
  36. You are loved
  37. I can face my fears and work to overcome them
  38. Just because they told us we were weak, does not mean we are. In fact, every day we survive, we prove otherwise
  39. The biggest fight back can be the most peaceful and sutle of acts
  40. THEY are the ones that are sick
  41. Everyone is loved by someone, somewhere
  42. It is enough to have done my best

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #42
whispering girl
Cheryl

I am currently:

11. The ability to feel guilt, and pain, and love is what separates us from the people who hurt us - and what makes us better and stronger than them
  13. It's okay to cry
  14. Reaching the bottom makes reaching the top even more amazing when you get there and makes you appreciate it so much more.
  15. Knowing you can get through something awful and come out of the other side can give you so much strength, confidence and pride in yourself.
  16. You are not alone. People do not think anything bad about you because of what has happened. People care about you and want to help, and you DO deserve that support
  19. Anything you did out of fear was not your fault. It was the fault of the person who threatened you.
  20. People won't hate you when they know about the abuse. You're not the one who should be hated.
  21. Hindsight is a powerful but destructive thing, how you acted in the past was based on the knowledge you held then. Do not judge it on the knowledge to hold now.
  27. If you were physically ill then you would not be expected to heal too quickly, or on your own
  29. You have the right to feel anger and hurt over the things that happened to you
  30. You are the engine for your dreams. Your dreams never give up on you and you never give up on them
  32. The bluntest pencil can be sharpened and the dullest surface can be polished until it shines
  33. (this one is corny but what the heck) You had the brains, and the courage, and the heart, all along
  35. You cannot create a rainbow without rain... we cannot know joy until we have known sorrow
  36. You are loved
  38. Just because they told us we were weak, does not mean we are. In fact, every day we survive, we prove otherwise
  43. just don't give up.............you aren't finished when anyone says it's over unless that someone is you

whispering girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #43
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  43. just don't give up.............you aren't finished when anyone says it's over unless that someone is you
  44. There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #44
trekkiecab
Chelsea

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  44. There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly
  45. Sexual abuse does not take away your innocence.

trekkiecab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #45
shadow-light

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  46. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Old 28-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #46
katnovia
it's not all as perfect as it looks

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  46. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
  47. When you hit rock bottom, remember that rocks are solid and you can't fall through them

You are talking to: Kat
The Others are: Annabell (Belle), Rosie, Lotty, Kate, Amy, Jessica (Jess), Sarah, Ramiel(Miel), Elizabeth (Liz), Shadow

katnovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #47
whispering girl
Cheryl

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  47. When you hit rock bottom, remember that rocks are solid and you can't fall through them
  48. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:18 AM   #48
whispering girl
Cheryl

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  48. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
  49. Look at it this way. Think of all the things you could do on your first try. Then the things that took a long time to learn. The harder it is, the more proud of yourself you will feel when you finally do it. It's like riding a bike. You don't quit if you fall off the first time you get on. You don't learn that way. You learn by getting back on and trying again and again until you get it. And then you can feel so proud of yourself for all your effort and being able to get it.

So brush the dirt off your knees and get back on that bicycle.

Old 26-07-2010, 02:51 AM   #49
shadow-light

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  49. Look at it this way. Think of all the things you could do on your first try. Then the things that took a long time to learn. The harder it is, the more proud of yourself you will feel when you finally do it. It's like riding a bike. You don't quit if you fall off the first time you get on. You don't learn that way. You learn by getting back on and trying again and again until you get it. And then you can feel so proud of yourself for all your effort and being able to get it.
  50. Optimism means expecting the best, but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst

Old 26-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #50
whispering girl
Cheryl

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  50. Optimism means expecting the best, but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst
  51. Life isn't about the destination. It's about the journey. Look out the window and enjoy the ride.
  52. It's not failing. You can't fail. You just haven't succeeded yet and should keep trying.

Last edited by whispering girl : 26-07-2010 at 05:35 AM. Reason: thought of more XD
Old 16-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #51
shadow-light

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  51. Life isn't about the destination. It's about the journey. Look out the window and enjoy the ride.
  52. It's not failing. You can't fail. You just haven't succeeded yet and should keep trying.
  53. As in the physical world, so in the spiritual world, pain does not last forever
  54. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which they have overcome

Old 17-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #52
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2

I am currently:

'And this too shall pass'
Something a friend , who also has mental health issues, says to me a lot to remind me that i wont feel terrible for ever.

long road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #53
shadow-light

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  53. As in the physical world, so in the spiritual world, pain does not last forever
  54. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which they have overcome
  55. And this too shall pass
  56. Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars
  57. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens

Old 10-10-2010, 03:34 AM   #54
shadow-light

I am currently:

The following content has been hidden - Reason : space saving

Old 09-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #55
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  56. Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars
  57. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens
  58. Just because you fell, does not mean you have to stay down. You can get back up, and carry on...

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #56
Seneca

I am currently:

60. Make your own kind of music - even if nobody else sings along.

Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #57
impossibleISnothing

I am currently:

I love this

impossible IS nothing

impossibleISnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #58
shadow-light

I am currently:

13. It's okay to cry
  36. You are loved
  58. Just because you fell, does not mean you have to stay down. You can get back up, and carry on...
  59. "Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow." -Alice Mackenzie Swaim
  60. Make your own kind of music - even if nobody else sings along.
  61. don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains. – Anne Frank
  62. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
  63. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)