Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
ashes to ashes
SmallBoyOnHerBike

I am currently:
cutting your face?

has anyone here SIed on their face before? i do it every so often and i always hate myself for doing it....i dont want people to find out i cut and yet i do it in the most obvious place ever!

take one step at a time, keep your head held high, and your eyes on Him, always.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Rilic
Loon

I am currently:

I've cut on my neck before. Nothing deep, just to feel what it was like, just to see it.

"Alright, gang. I'll ignore that some of you are late... if you ignore that I'm the latest."

Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
~Grace~

I used to hurt my forehead, but not by cutting. I had a fringe at the time which covered it

Old 13-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #4
NoWarButTheClassWar
Krim

I am currently:

I've done that too, but on my neck - not sure why, honestly, either. I mean, it's never been something I've attempted to really hide, at least not from anyone other than my parents. But I'm not one to broadcast it either. Still, I guess maybe it was a cry for help in a way - this was when I was younger, still in my abusive household, so who knows?

"You cannot take what you have not given, and you must give yourself." -Shevek, The Dispossessed(Ursula K. LeGuin)

Old 13-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
xMandarrx
Mandarr

I am currently:

I've never done it personally, but I've for sure wanted to.

you just don't have to be lonely, anymore.

neverendingmetamorphosis.blogspot.ca - my blog :)

Old 13-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
MBlue12

I am currently:

I've done it on my face and neck. I guess when I did it I felt like it showed a part of me that I wanted to see. Idk it's hard to explain :P

Old 13-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWarButTheClassWar View Post
Still, I guess maybe it was a cry for help in a way -

I often think self harm on the face is a cry for help - even if you're not consciously thinking "i want people to see this and help me", perhaps you're unconsciously crying out for help and for someone to just, care.

Remember there's always other ways to ask for help though, please try and avoid self harming wherever possible when other methods can be used to get the same effect/release/help etc.

Old 13-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
JaffaCake.

I've cut my face before, and it worried me that I didn't regret it. I wouldn't reccommend doing it though. It's not the easiest place to keep clean and you can't keep it covered at all times.

I'd try and work through some distractions to help you get over this.

Old 13-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Mademoiselle Lola.
à la folie.[to insanity]

I am currently:

I;ve cut on my face once.Nothing deep,it didn't leave any scar.Tbh,I wanted to see if people noticed,but no one did.Not even my parents.It hurt me deeply.Call me attention seeker,but I just wanted someone to ask me if everything's ok.

You can buy me with a coffee,I'm so cheap.

Got bitten fingernails&a head full of past;Got a broken heart&your name on my cast.
&&I wanted her to tell me that she will never wake me.

Old 13-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I have once or twice, but only the tiniest tiniest little scratches ever. No scars, and they were gone in a day or two. I've given myself black eyes before as well.

I agree that, although I don't do it to be attention seeking, its nice just for someone to show they care and ask if you are ok. Which they never normally do with me, and which, if you hide injuries they have no reason to ask. I've cut/burnt my hands as well...and though I'd never admit it was self inflicted, its nice that people worry/care.

Although someone asked if my boyfriend had hit me, so I wouldn't do it again.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

Old 13-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
~Grace~

Yes, I too have given myself blackeyes

Old 13-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
ashes to ashes
SmallBoyOnHerBike

I am currently:

yeah i've noticed most people dont even ask what happened, which i guess is good because i would have to lie...

take one step at a time, keep your head held high, and your eyes on Him, always.

Old 13-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
tmich_uk
away with the fairies

I am currently:

well, this is a topic I know all too well. I have si'd my face many times over the past 3 years. Usually when I was really ill though. I wouldnt say it was for attention, at the time, I was past caring so was on self destruct mode, just cutting "everywhere", I didnt take into account that it would be obvious. I go to a mental health day centre, and everybody just accepted it, which I was grateful for at the time, as really didnt want to go into it. I wouldnt recommend si'ing on your face though, I did it quite badly every time, and it took months for the marks to fade. Plus it is a bit too obvious.

The worst thing about depression — the thing that makes people phobic about it — is that it’s a foretaste of death. It’s a trip to the country of nothingness. Reality loses its substance and becomes ghostly, transparent, unbelievable. This perception of what’s outside infects the perception of the self, which explains why depressed people feel they aren’t “there.” -Chase Twichell

Old 13-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #14
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Yes, I have. On both my face and neck. I suppose that cutting my hands was also another visible place. I can't say that I did it purely for attention, but it's obvious when you cut your face that people will see it.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 14-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #15
Laura2.0

I havent done it, but I've been tempted. I wanted to do it, because I hate myself so much. The more I ate myself the more obviously I want to destruct. the most obvious I ever did was cutting my hands and my feet. ppl asked me and I told them that i was playing with my cat.
I do not recommend cutting your feet, especially during summer... sweat in cuts doesn't feel so good.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Old 14-04-2011, 12:50 AM   #16
xxBeautiful_Disgracexx
just can't seem to get things right...

I am currently:

I've done it a couple of times, but I've only done it in small amounts, so I can usually get away with, oh... I just fell and hit my head. A little easy for me to do, since I am a huge klutz, so no one presses the issue. Although, I try to avoid doing it, cause it's a pain when it starts to heal.

"I want to be remembered as the girl who

always smiles, the one who would brighten

your day even if she couldn't brighten her

own."

Old 14-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #17
ebec11

I am currently:

I've slapped myself and have attempted to give myself a black eye - I don't bruise easily though.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/ebec11/April08paintings001.jpg

But these are flowers that fly and all but sing:
And now from having ridden out desire
They lie closed over in the wind and cling
Where wheels have freshly sliced the April mire.
Robert Frost, "Blue-Butterfly Day"

Old 14-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
~Lost Soul~
You see but you do not observe

I am currently:

I've hit myself to try and bruise myself. I've never actually cut there though but I've had strong urges to.

"Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike." - Albus Dumbledore

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/SonicFanGirl1/sdfghjkl.png

Old 14-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Gone.

I've thought about it but have never been tempted. It's not something I wish for other people to see, whether I want them to care or not.

Left.

Old 14-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
Mad Dps
Sammy-Chan

I am currently:

I've done it once...when i was still in school. I was hoping one of my teachers would notice it and ask me. Because secretly i wanted there help.

"Without changelled there is no achievement"

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)