RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #321
rara avis

I am currently:

I Managed to get to my appointment after going to the emergency room to get my arm treated and no sleep. I'm sore and feeling sick. My Dr raised my meds to 80 morning and 80 night. I'm trying to use logic and keep my head above water. Thanks Oly. I will try and cut down on the coffee. The only stressful thing is me thinking too much about the future and courses next year.

rara avis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #322
roiben
Insanity let loose

I am currently:

*cuddles Rara* I am glad you managed to tell your Dr and hope the change in meds helps you.

Try not to think too much about next year just yet. It is a while away and it is more important that you focus on getting better now, than what may or may not be in the future.

What can you do now that will help soothe you a little and allow rest, and also enable you to be doing something? Do you have your active and calming list with you still?

Roiben x

If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh

My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

roiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #323
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I hope that the medication increase will help. Are you signed up to a course? I think that cutting down on coffee will help a bit. It is best not to look too far into the future, focus on the present. I hope things improve for you soon.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #324
Steel Maiden

Rara, you haven't updated for a while. Are you ok?

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 29-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #325
rara avis

I am currently:

Sorry I haven't been around. I'm struggling I suppose, but I'm managing, just.
Thanks Roiben and Oly.
I hope the med increase helps too.
My arm has been hurting, apparently I did some slight muscular damage.
I've been doing some drawing and writing, as well as some stretches and exercises to keep me grounded.

Mother is being pushy about me getting into a course, so it's hard not to think about it. I'm not signed up for a course yet... To my mothers distaste.

Old 29-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #326
Steel Maiden

It's ok. I was just concerned. You're welcome. Keep us updated. I am sorry to hear that your arm is hurting and that you have muscular damage. Did the doctor give you any advice about how to look after it? I am glad that you've been grounding yourself. I don't understand why your mother is pushing you to do it now when you're still struggling. Is this course in a college? I think distance learning might be better for a short while. I did a distance learning course while I was not in a great state and it was a lot easier on the mental health side than university.

Old 29-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #327
rara avis

I am currently:

The Dr said just to take it easy, no heavy lifting etc as they had to do internal stitches too. I'm on antibiotics as he said the risk of infection was high.

I think she is pushing because she doesn't want me to 'waste my time'.
I don't know what course I would do, but i would be going from home, I wouldn't need to move. Distance learning is a good idea, I'll look into it. It would be a lot easier to manage.

Old 29-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #328
Steel Maiden

I hope that your arm will heal soon.

I think that a distance learning course could help you. I took an OU course in human biology back in 2009 and they even let me do my exam at home and none of the "lectures" were compulsory, so it was literally all at home.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #329
Steel Maiden

Rara, are you ok??

Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #330
rara avis

I am currently:

Hey Oly,
I'm coping. Ryan is having a really hard time though, been spending a lot of time with him when he doesn't have carers. He's in the middle of a psychotic episode. So things are hard. I've managed to keep my own head above water so far. I just hate seeing him so unwell.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #331
Steel Maiden

Hi Rara,
I am really sorry to hear that you and Ryan are struggling. What are his symptoms at the moment? I am very proud of you for staying safe, but I really think that the carers should spend more time with him.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #332
rara avis

I am currently:

Hey Oly,
Thank you :)
Ryan is hallucinating, talking to the shadow people a lot, very 'lost' in it all. Not very communicative, needs a lot of direction to do things. Has had a few angry and distressed outbursts. It's a hard time.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #333
Steel Maiden

You're welcome. I'm so sad to hear that Ryan, and you, are suffering. What sort of support is Ryan getting, and are you getting any support?

Old 13-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #334
rara avis

I am currently:

Oly,
It is hard but we'll get through.
Ryan is seeing his Dr once a week as am I.
I'm tired today, not sure what I'll get up to.

Old 13-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #335
Steel Maiden

I hope things will improve soon for you both. Take care.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)