RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
metal_fiddler
They've got me by the fuse, Smiling with a match

I am currently:
"for anyone who hates rap" made me think......where to find good music

After seeing the post referencing hating rap(although this has barely anything to do with it) it really got me thinking: Hey I'm a self proclaimed metal-head and until recently was unfairly biased towards rap(aka I hated it) but what I had been exposed in the past to was just the rap that gets heard in popular media, I went to a mixed music festival and while waiting for the band i had come to see, there was a rapper singing with a live back up band(LIVE DRUMS= LISTEN) It was quite good so I started to listen to more rap that I had never heard of before and realised it can be awesome(not that unsimilar to metal but thats foranother post).......... so for all music lovers out there, think of a genre of music that you feel is unfaily hated by another group of music lovers and tell us where to find good samples of this type of music to change the biases against it.

Ok my reccomendation is Celtic music.... its not all leprachauns or bagpipe bands or drunken pub songs.............. google: fusion genres such as celtic rock(leahy is a good example) or celtic pop.... (the coors)celtic-jazz(mike mcgoldrick) or look for new bands looking for bands linked to the The Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Solas is a great Band that I belive many people would enjoy

OK someone elses turn.... i look foreward to new types of music I should listen to

Last edited by metal_fiddler : 09-02-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Do your demons, do they ever let you go?
When you've tried do they hide deep inside
is it someone that you know You're just a picture
you're an image caught in time
We're a lie, you and I we're words without a rhyme
There's no sign of the morning coming
you've been left on your own
Like a rainbow in the dark just a rainbow in the dark
~Dio

metal_fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
sunshine100
~Sunshine~

I am currently:

I wish I had some ideas! Just wanted to say great idea for a post though :) xXx

Take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt because every 60seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back
...don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

sunshine100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
GambitC13

I am currently:

This is an ace idea, I'm racking my brains! I'm also really into metal, but like other stuff too. I used to hate electro and whatnot. I had the assumption that if it came out of a computer, it was bad news! I now realise this is not true. I found I like experimental bands like **** Buttons, who mix distorted vocals into their sound.
Folk! But check out european pagan folk, they have a thicker, richer sound with cool instruments.

‎"I want to be magic. I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

GambitC13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)