RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:
Feeling guilty

My best friend who I've known since we were 5 passed away this morning.

Feeling numb and guilty. I feel like I should have helped her more than I did . I feel like it's my fault she died because I don't think I helped her as much.

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
Soft Kitty

I'm so sorry about your friend, but it really couldn't have been your fault. I think sometimes we feel responsible when close ones pass away because, in some strange way, it's preferable to the reality, which is that there's often very little we can do. And feeling powerless can be hard. This may not be true for you, but it came to mind. Grief is processed very differently for different people, and it's just important to allow yourself through however that process is for you. Take care.

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #3
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Kitty View Post
I'm so sorry about your friend, but it really couldn't have been your fault. I think sometimes we feel responsible when close ones pass away because, in some strange way, it's preferable to the reality, which is that there's often very little we can do. And feeling powerless can be hard. This may not be true for you, but it came to mind. Grief is processed very differently for different people, and it's just important to allow yourself through however that process is for you. Take care.
Thank you. I just feel so hopeless and powerless. I feel like part of me has died because of how close we used to be .

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can understand the feeling of part of you dying also. As Soft Kitty said, guilty feelings are really common and natural when someone close to you dies. Please be kind to yourself and talk through things if there is someone you trust to hear you.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)