RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-06-2017, 05:51 AM   #1
CatFairy

I am currently:
Symptoms of psychosis?

A few years ago i told a psyciatrist that i belived i was not from this world, that i was s spirit of some sort traped here. He told me this was my own way of dealing with the trauma i experienced as a child. That i was not psychotic. I have been struggling lately, and i know this new belief is not real but at the same time it is. Its hard to explain. This came to me that 'the fairys (sprites,fae) are up to something? Stealing magic? (The details are not clear)'. i have this inence urge to find them. So I went looking for them on Monday and I was convinced I found a hideout of theres. I was walking past an overgrown part of the park and I swear I saw a dead body but it wasn't when I turned away and then looked back it was just log. It really scared me. Yesterday I went to my usual singing group, and had this intense urge to trash this Weight Watchers sign. It was so difficult to stop the urge but I did it. I feel exhausted and I'm wondering if I am really losing my mind does anyone else understand this?

CatFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I haven't really got the answers but I've also been told by psychiatrists that although I suffer from paranoia and have 'odd ideas and hear a voice in my head that they don't believe I am psychotic but that this is may brain's way of dealing with trauma. I also strongly identify with the being convinced I've seen something scary/horrible and then when look back it's just something benign, like a log or whatever. Known that's not a great help, but you most certainly aren't alone.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
CatFairy

I am currently:

Thank you, i apreciate it >^..^<

CatFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
Arienette

I am currently:

I've been Ina similar position too. Originally diagnosed as psychotic but then upon review with my team and Drs who know my history it's actually dissociation.

Which is from being overwhelmed negatively as a child (trauma)

Our minds work in wonderful and wired ways to survive.

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I agree with the replies. Dissociation can present a bit like psychosis at times. And trauma can do serious psychological tricks to the brain.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
GrimmFaerieTale

I don't know enough about psychosis or dissociation to be able to offer any thoughts on it, but whatever it is you are *not* losing your mind, it is a symptom of whichever it turns out to be. Have you shared these new experiences with your care team? The body sounds especially scary, and if you can share it could help? xxx

GrimmFaerieTale is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)