RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #6501
squirrelspit

I am currently:

well.. its baby dependant.. and i think the actual definition of 'through the night' is any 6 hour stretch. but i could be wrong.

Oliver is 4 months old on Friday and still doesnt sleep through the night. Im assuming once hes on solid food that will change a bit as he will be fuller for longer.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #6502
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Have you tried a dream feed? Without waking them feed them just before you go to bed they don't wake and neither do you. Mine were 22months and 2 1/2 before they slept through, but by 19months you could just give ella a bottle and she'd sort herself out if she woke, but you'd hear her suck suck sucking at night. Chloe started sleeping through after we did sleep training, before that she'd wake and need a cuddle/rock/back patting to go back to sleep, but we lived with my mum who was soft and got her into the habit and still does it if chloe's tired lol

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #6503
hellohefalump
fishki

Hi I feel like a crap mum.

Been in hospital after a bad psychotic episode a way from my babies for the past two weeks and now I'm out I can hardly cope with anything... The kids are just so full on. Luckily Pete is doing most of the 'parenting'

If I were a bird - fish
My wings I would spread
I'd swoop over you
And plop on your head.

hellohefalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #6504
squirrelspit

I am currently:

oh, ill give it a try Mand, thank you.

:)

Old 21-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #6505
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Jasmine is 4 months and sleeps 8pm til 7-8pm.
but i think that's down to her having proper people looking after her.

i don't really have anyone in real life to show photos to.
Attachment 20453

Last edited by Cacoethes : 14-12-2012 at 11:33 PM.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #6506
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Awwww helena, just be kind to yourself, you'vr been through an ordeal, it wasn't your fault and you were in the best place, if you'd needed to be in hospital for 2 weeks for something physical you'd still be feeling very poorly, take it easy and ease back in gradually. You're a fantastic mother and your kids and fishies love you very much.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 21-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #6507
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Charlie i had the same duvet set with the skulls on...

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 21-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #6508
hellohefalump
fishki

Thanks Mand

If I were a bird - fish
My wings I would spread
I'd swoop over you
And plop on your head.

hellohefalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #6509
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

hey

Saul slept through at 3 months from 7pm till 7am

Rebecca is 4 1/2 months tom gives her a dream feed before he comes to bed (im usually in bed long before him!) and she is still wakening about 4 / 4.30 for a feed, (for those of you on my fb looks like mon was a one off)

Beckie all babies are different, you would probs find if she was with you she would sleep through
and ... i love seeing photos of jasmine so feel free to post them here

on a more serious note..
Tom and I had a long chat the other night he says he is really worried about me and has been for some time now, we are going to go to the gp togther

I told him i thought Rebecca would be better of with another mother cause I don't love her. he thinks that means im ill
it reminds me of a poster one of the teachers had on the wall when i was at school, it was a wee puppy sitting in its basket and it said "if honesty is the best policy, why am i getting yelled at?"
thats kinda how i feel about it all

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #6510
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Charlie that cot next to your bed thing is a fab idea, my sister got a special one so she could co-sleep without giving up precious bed space! Hopefully it will help solve lots of issues. From 4 months onwards we co slept most nights (just moved over to my mums and had a low down and wide bed) it made my life so much easier, i wouldn't even remember if i'd fed him or not overnight (except the fact my boobs weren't rocks told me i had!) because he just helped himself!

Hellohefalump - Please don't beat yourself up, you were unwell and your babies were well looked after during the time. I can relate to you though as when I was unwell my son was with his dad for over a month and for at least a week i didn't see him because I was so depressed - I felt awful that I missed his chicken pox! But although you may feel like 'a crap mum' please keep telling yourself that you are a 'good enough mum' (GEM) just like the rest of us, we can only do the best with what we have x x x

Good luck TheOnlyOne! My parents were really distraught when I told them, and couldn't understand why I refused to have an abortion. Things got better as time went on and much better once he was born and they could see I was coping well. Thinking of you xxx

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #6511
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

thanks Deb :)

you've got nothing to lose by seeing the gp lovely, if the gp says you're ok, then tom can maybe relax a little, if the gp thinks there may be something up, then they can help. xx

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 21-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #6512
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

I didn't love ella eeither, now she keeps me going coz chloe's in school, me and ella have bonded, we play little games and do daft things like blowing raspberries and tickling, i'm gonna miss her when she starts nursery. It was hard to bond when i wasn't feeding her and we'd just moved out of mum's and i had bad pnd.

Mand x

Old 21-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #6513
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Jasime is such a beaut Becs, i love seeing pictures of her - i wonder when she'll get hair!

Debbie, i am so proud of you.

Jocelyn, yeah, i love having him in our bed, i get so much sleep. thing is, hes very kicky, and now we have rediscovered our sex life, hes a bit in the way. :P

Old 21-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #6514
squirrelspit

I am currently:

.... so far so good!

Old 21-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #6515
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Oh bless him!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 21-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #6516
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Lucas slept through (8-8) from 7 weeks so we were pretty lucky

I think going to the gp would be a good idea hopefully you can get help to bond

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #6517
TheOnlyOne
Poetry Whore

I am currently:

I'm afraid my baby won't like me, because nobody seems to like me.

I'm also concerned I won't be able to properly socialize with my baby due to my Nonverbal Learning Disorder. Or that I'll give her the wrong examples of social behavior and she'll end up struggling like I did.

I have difficulty knowing how to maintain proper eye contact (I tend to stare) and I'm bad at meeting new people because I don't know how to talk to people. I tend to entirely clam up during arguments because I have nothing to say.

TheOnlyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #6518
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Your baby will learn from more than just you, they learn from everyone they see. Maybe you'll find that it comes naturally, most parents with a disability learn how to do things their own way, a way that suits them and baby. Your baby won't like you, they'll love you, unconditionally because that's what babies do, they don't know any other way. Maybe there is a support group in your area for parents with learning disorders, maybe you can learn together.

Mand x

Old 22-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #6519
akita

I am currently:

Oliver and Jasmine are just so cute, I want to eat them up.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #6520
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Thanks Andrea.

The only one - Your baby will love you because you will be fulfilling its needs by feeding and clothing and comforting it.. thats pretty much all they care about :P

Last night i gave Oliver a dream feed at midnight and he didnt stir until his dad got home from work at about 2am. He wouldnt settle again so after an hour i scooted him over to our bed and once he was asleep i put him straight back over to his bit where he stayed without waking up until 8.45.

I have woken up without a stiff neck/back for the first time in weeks!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)