RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
Lilo

I am currently:
Going back to work after a year off.

In December last year I was struggling a lot with depression and anxiety and ended up being off work for 7 months due to it. I ended up giving in my notice and moved to a new city. I got confirmation today that my new job starts this weekend and I'm really looking forward to being able to work again.

So I was also wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get back into "work mode" after a year of not doing much/waking up at 2pm

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Well done on getting the job. Great news!

Sir Phillip: Veg-a-ta-pal extraordinaire!

Foxtrot Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Well done on the new job! How did your first few days go?

I imagine the early mornings will be hard going at the start, but if you make sure to get lots of early nights, hopefully your body will adjust. It is thought that getting into a routine with the same getting up time every morning (even on days off) is best, but I've certainly never had the motivation to do that, though I think it probably would help!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
Lilo

I am currently:

Thanks

I am feeling pretty tired once I wake up and get home from work as it takes me an hour to get to work so usually I'm quite tired although once I get to work I feel really awake.

Luckily all the new things I'm learning I'm finding easy and fun. Also everyone is really nice but I keep forgetting everyone's names

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
KiethHoyt

I am currently:

As cliche as it sounds, greet every day with enthusiasm and positive affirmations. You did something to overcome a stressor and enabler of your depression and anxiety. I doubt it completely helped, but you took control of your life, and that is the main thing... you took control of YOUR life.

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all. - JFK
People think computers will keep them from making mistakes. They're wrong. With computers you make mistakes faster. - Adam Osborne

KiethHoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I found being gentle with myself after work time. Not putting pressure on myself to keep up with the house work. Planned easy meals for the evenings and then as I got more in to the rhyme of working I started to do a little more after work.

Well done on getting back to work. Be proud of yourself for how far you have come.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)