RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
is it possible?

Is it possible to have depression, but not want to die? i mean i have all the other symptoms of depression, but im not sure if i really wanna die. i mean i just want to disappear from the world and not live, but not die, not the actual act of dying, you know what i mean?? does it mean that im recovered?? i mean i feel bad almost all the time and don't have interest to do anything etc, but i don't want to die. what does it mean? im really confused. i have started meds almost 3 weeks ago and i have been feeling that way (to not actually want to die) for almost a week. is it possible??

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 25-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Revival

it is definately possible - depression is not about whether or not you are suicidal, there are varying degrees of depression. just because you dont feel suicidal (which is fantastic by the way =] ) doesnt mean that you're not struggling, or that you dont deserve as much help and support as everyone else.
I hope something in that made sense.. xx

Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

its not that im not suicidal, but i don't want to die. but i don't want to live anymore. does that make sense?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 25-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
beautiful&dying
I ain't thick it's just a trick

I am currently:

it makes perfect sense honey. I reckon melancholia got it spot on above, don't worry, depression of any severity needs attention and care.
xxxxxxx

How could you become as awesome as you are and still feel like a loser?
Pixie (my little sister) * QueerFringe (my daughter)* Dreamerandbeliever (my cuddly kitten) * Acrasia (my twinny)
(Currently have left this website so find me here if you want me)

beautiful&dying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
bingie
Claudia,going mad

I am currently:

I'm the same. You feel like you just want to shut down and start again but you dont want to die - either coz its too scary or you have people you dont want to upset. I want to stop everything but i couldnt stand causing that kind of pain to my bloke.

Thought I oughta bare my naked feelings
Thought I oughta tear the curtain down
I held the blade in trembling hands
Prepared to make it but just then the phone rang
I never had the nerve to make the final cut

bingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
beautiful&dying
I ain't thick it's just a trick

I am currently:

I think it's one of the main reasons that people don't seek help sooner, the fact that people think you have to be suicidal to be depressed. You really don't. You can be depressed but still want to fight.
xxxxxxxxxx

How could you become as awesome as you are and still feel like a loser?
Pixie (my little sister) * QueerFringe (my daughter)* Dreamerandbeliever (my cuddly kitten) * Acrasia (my twinny)
(Currently have left this website so find me here if you want me)

beautiful&dying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #7
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

Omg thanks guys.u r right. I want to shut down and start again. Im a bit scared to die actually and i dont want to upset other people.im glad im not alone!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 25-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

severe depression is only if you are suicidal? if you aren't suicidal you aren't severely depressed? im just wondering.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 25-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
ifonly

I am currently:

wow. I feel the same way.
Just never put it into those words...

“I go to seek a great perhaps.” - Francois Rabelais (1494-1553) Last Words
My Tumblr.

ifonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #10
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i started meds almost 3 weeks ago and before starting them i was suicidal and planning to die, but after starting them i don't feel like dying, but disappearing from the world.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 25-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
The Midnight Crazies
100% Honesty

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneK View Post
i started meds almost 3 weeks ago and before starting them i was suicidal and planning to die, but after starting them i don't feel like dying, but disappearing from the world.
[sarcasm]A big step forward![/sarcasm]

In all seriousness: I know what you mean. Sometimes I just wanna vanish into thin air or something. Also I remember reading that ppl who are truly very depressed aren't at risk for suicide at all. Why you ask? Because they are so down in the dumps they don't feel like doing anything at all. Like eating, talking, making plans to kill oneself. (well not eating will eventually kill you too but you get what I mean). So some ppl have this theory that when those ppl actually experience a lift in their mood it's when they get dangerous (for example when the antidepressants kick in) because then they have the energy again to plan on stuff, and 'stuff' doesn't necessarily include actions to make your life better...

Marte

The Midnight Crazies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #12
Stellata

When I went through a dip into more severe depression a couple of weeks ago, I felt too depressed, exhausted, sad, despairing to even want to hurt myself, never mind suicidal thoughts. It was all I could do to just lie there, feeling tearful and drained of energy. But there have been periods when I go through suicidal thoughts - but actually more when I'm severely anxious, rather than depressed.

So, yes, it is possible.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 03:18 AM   #13
musik-addikt
you love me but you don't know who i am

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneK View Post
Omg thanks guys.u r right. I want to shut down and start again. Im a bit scared to die actually and i dont want to upset other people.im glad im not alone!
that's the same as me I don't want to die. i just don't want to live.

xoxox

" I wake up feeling convicted, / I know something's not right / Re-acquaint my knees with the carpet //
They've been swimming in the wrong waters / Now they're pulling me down / But I am clinging to you, never letting go / 'Cause I know that you'll lift me out //
Have your way here / Keep me afloat / 'Cause I know I'll sink without you / Take this ocean of pain that is mine / Throw me a lifeline " - Lifeline, Brooke Fraser

musik-addikt is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)