RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #61
All I know is falling.

I think the mods do a great job considering everything. Anytime I've ever had an issue and spoken to a mod about it, it's been dealt with quickly.

All the mods deserve a cookie
*hands cookies out*

All I know is falling. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #62
Optimus Pirate
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Yay cookies!

We like cake too (hint hint nudge nudge)

More than a little fruity...

Optimus Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #63
All I know is falling.

cake is always good too..

...*gives everyone cake*

All I know is falling. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #64
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
A lot of people who want to be mods arent always really applicable to be mods. Due to multiple reasons.
Although perhaps, (although this isnt feesable as they cant do anything), for people to put themselves down as a i would be a mod if asked, so then mods can keep an eye out on those people, instead of picking people they've noticed, for people to be able to try to get special notice than people who wouldnt want to mod.
Also modding is a lot harder work than it seems. And a lot of it is horrible paperwork and reading through stuff in the background.
Fairplay, I recognise that I'm pretty new here, so don't know a lot of the details of what being a mod entails.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #65
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

oh, and yeahhh, cake. *offers cupcakes with edible glitter on the top to everyone*

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #66
offlineforever
Left RYL

Lets just throw a epic party for the mods! they need it!

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #67
squirrelspit

I am currently:

we cant have a party... the site might go into ruin whilst we are running around drunk.

maybe we can have a party in shifts.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #68
sajhfuahuefghaeg

^ Lol'd hysterically.

sajhfuahuefghaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #69
offlineforever
Left RYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
we cant have a party... the site might go into ruin whilst we are running around drunk.

*ogranises shifts*

Left.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #70
Optimus Pirate
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Quote:

I'll take first shift, you can have second?

More than a little fruity...

Optimus Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #71
Gone.

Quote:

I lol'd.

Kudos to being able to run whilst drunk...

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #72
offlineforever
Left RYL

use your spidy senses!

Left.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #73
offlineforever
Left RYL

oh man a revolt is happening in chat! noooo :P

Left.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #74
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Im not going to go into what keeps me away,suffice to say for the next two weeks its a lot. Im not willing to be unprepared to teach 5 year olds because Ive been in RYL chat moderating people who act like 5 year olds.

I have said this before, it is extremly difficult and disheartening to see something breaking and not having the tools to fix it. I have the knowledge, but I dont have the power. I sit in chat day after day trying to make it work and it gets harder to motivate myself to do it.

Laura, I understand a bad thing happened to you, but you are not the only one. Imagine being me, you are flamed mercilessly on the forum, I had the power to remove it, but I had to sit and wait for hours (and yes it was hours) for it to be resolved. When someone else came on, they dealt with it asap and I wasn't angry with them. Yours was removed quickly and I understand that it hurts, but we are not the ones you should be angry at.

Ive been on this site for a long time, I have also gone from being a supporter, to a forum mod to a dual mod and now head of chat. I know understand why it gets so tiring and I see as I havent seen before why mods want to step down and not come back again. I have always said that I just want to get chat working again, the forums I think on the whole are fine, but it is chat that really needs fixing. We (the chat mods) will carry on trying to hold it together, but we cant build without having things to build with.

I have a life, I also have responsibility here. Sometimes the balance shifts and I am needed in one place more than the other. Its a bit of a kick in the teeth to be denied that imbalance every now and again. For members this site is a place for you to vent/discuss your issues then leave. For some mods its like a ****ing prison, your rants get turned against you when you infract and you dont feel safe enough to post for help.

The most rewarding thing I get on here is a thank you, whether its an issue ive resolved or a problem ive helped with. Im fed up of people just expecting these well run,polite forums to just fall in their laps. Its up to everyone to make the effort, maybe if you stop complaining for a second and look at what you've got you'll see theres a lot of good still in this website.

Trust me when I say I want Harley to come back and help, I truly do, but until then we have to keep this together, so theres something for him to fix when he gets back.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #75
offlineforever
Left RYL

Said it before and i'll say it again, you are all doing an awesome job and thanks for doing it.

Left.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #76
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

...Does this mean I'm still not getting my name change yet?

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Left Phalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #77
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

*laughs hysterically and runs around singing nursery rhymes*

sorry i dont have anything else to contribute

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #78
offlineforever
Left RYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by control freak View Post
*laughs hysterically and runs around singing nursery rhymes*

sorry i dont have anything else to contribute
I think this contributed a lot to the discussion tbh!

Left.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #79
Cazki
14/6/2007 -

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
Im not going to go into what keeps me away,suffice to say for the next two weeks its a lot. Im not willing to be unprepared to teach 5 year olds because Ive been in RYL chat moderating people who act like 5 year olds.

I have said this before, it is extremly difficult and disheartening to see something breaking and not having the tools to fix it. I have the knowledge, but I dont have the power. I sit in chat day after day trying to make it work and it gets harder to motivate myself to do it.

Laura, I understand a bad thing happened to you, but you are not the only one. Imagine being me, you are flamed mercilessly on the forum, I had the power to remove it, but I had to sit and wait for hours (and yes it was hours) for it to be resolved. When someone else came on, they dealt with it asap and I wasn't angry with them. Yours was removed quickly and I understand that it hurts, but we are not the ones you should be angry at.

Ive been on this site for a long time, I have also gone from being a supporter, to a forum mod to a dual mod and now head of chat. I know understand why it gets so tiring and I see as I havent seen before why mods want to step down and not come back again. I have always said that I just want to get chat working again, the forums I think on the whole are fine, but it is chat that really needs fixing. We (the chat mods) will carry on trying to hold it together, but we cant build without having things to build with.

I have a life, I also have responsibility here. Sometimes the balance shifts and I am needed in one place more than the other. Its a bit of a kick in the teeth to be denied that imbalance every now and again. For members this site is a place for you to vent/discuss your issues then leave. For some mods its like a ****ing prison, your rants get turned against you when you infract and you dont feel safe enough to post for help.

The most rewarding thing I get on here is a thank you, whether its an issue ive resolved or a problem ive helped with. Im fed up of people just expecting these well run,polite forums to just fall in their laps. Its up to everyone to make the effort, maybe if you stop complaining for a second and look at what you've got you'll see theres a lot of good still in this website.

Trust me when I say I want Harley to come back and help, I truly do, but until then we have to keep this together, so theres something for him to fix when he gets back.
I completly agree moaning complaining and having a go at the mods is not the answer and will not get you anywhere. Its not there fault. I'm tired of people complaining that this needs to be done and that needs to be done. We know but we cant do anything about it at the moment!

I believe i also said something similar a few pages back

Ryl is up and is running quite smoothly, yes im aware ryl has issues but at least its not a more serious issue such as being at risk of closing down ryl. Surely what we have currently got (i dont mean that to sound bad) is better than nothing at all.

Last edited by Cazki : 12-06-2011 at 11:42 PM.

14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #80
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigaoo View Post
Woahh, guys, no need to be rude to one another :S

Just to play devil's advocate here... There's a TON of people who would happily be a mod, and I for one would be chilled with having a 'shift' of being mod, like a couple of hours a week when I'd definitely be on, just like other voluntary positions, like working in a charity shop, where you have a shift. By having shifts, it's not denying you the other 164 hours of your week.

I know that the main problem is that there's no Harley to give out mod-powers, but it appears to have descended into a debate about the whole structure of mods, so yeah, just thought I'd uhh, put in my tuppence.
This is pretty much what I wanted to come in and say.

The problems i've noticed and pretty much all the things I have reported, I've noticed have been sorted/resolved pretty quickly. And I think the mods are doing a fantastic job with the tools and the powers they currently have - I think, like's been said before, we need more mods and the current ones need more powers - but until that day, RYL's running and everyone's doing the best job they can.

And I agree with everyone else who said, if members grew up and started acting maturely, then alot of the problems wouldn't happen in the first place and everyone would be happier, but I guess that isn't going to happen. So I think we should just appreciate we have this site in the first place.

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)