havealittlefaith

I am currently:
First time admitted to pysch

I'm very scared last night I was 136 it was either informal or section ,

They think I'm depressed,

First hopsital admission and I'm frightened

Kind words please

Any ways to help me cope

Last edited by havealittlefaith : 11-12-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Taking details out

havealittlefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Wonderland.

Thinking of you, hope the admission helps <3

I know it's scary but we are all here, just remember that.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
whirlpools

It will be okay. Just be honest with yourself and with the staff so that they can find a way to help you feel better.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Epicene

I am currently:

I hope you get the help you need right now. Psych wards are not always pleasant but it does give you the opportunity to talk to professionals and keep safe.

As an aside, you may want to edit your post about what hospital you're in. You never know who might read this thread and have bad intentions.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Thank you so much <3

I'm very frightened it is quiet here they took my deodorant away

I have no clothes

Apparently I gonna be seeing a doctor today eventually.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Thank you guess that's true

I having my obs and ecg and blood done and then the consultant will decide the plan of action

Thank you everyone for your support

I know your right X

Old 11-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #7
[Luna]

It sounds like hospital is the best place for you right now. I know it's scary but at least they can keep you safe.

Be honest with the staff. I hope they can support you properly.
xx

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:02 PM   #8
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Thank you Hun

I'm still waiting for a plan of action not so sure that this is the best place it's 50/50 I just wanan be okay and able to go home. X

Old 11-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #9
stumpy
Hidden In My Shell I'm the Invisible Person...

I am currently:

136 can be quite traumatic, I hope the police were understanding, just give things a little time after admission, stay calm, if you have any questions like what facilities are available at the hospital, then don't be afraid to ask the staff, and when asked, try to work with the staff.

You'll be assessed, your family may be called to bring you some clothes, your medication will also be assessed, and your behaviour at the hospital will be observed, use this time to get the help you need, even if it does just serve as a quiet break away to help you recover from any difficult emotions.

During my first admission, I asked about things like whether there is an art room, computers, internet access, about the smoking area and my social phobia, and fear of others, I asked if I could have a staff member join me out the smoking area so I'd feel safer. I requested my medication be given to me before bed.

I also asked about meal times, and what choices of food were available, and gave them a list of foods I dislike, so if at any time I didn't like either of the 2 dishes on offer, they'd ensure I had a sandwich instead, ask about visitors and visiting times, and if allowed art supplies/paper/pens, use time to write down your thoughts, like a diary, it helps to pass time, and can make things easier for both you and them, if you're prepared to share your thoughts.

I hope you're obs, ecg and blood results come back ok, once more settled, if you have money or access to a debit card, you may be allowed to go to the hospital shop accompanied by a staff member, where you can buy snacks like chocolate and crisps, bottles of pop etc, if the hospital you're at has a shop

You could also ask about advocacy, if that's something you feel you may need, also try to use this time to get some rest as you say it is quiet there, you could also discuss what outpatient services are available to you after your admission is over, this will let them know that you are thinking about your recovery, and maybe help build trust between you and the staff.

I hope the admission helps you, stay strong and try to treat this as a positive opportunity to get the help you need both in and outside of the hospital :)

*hugs*

stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #10
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Thank you so much for your lovely reply stumpy ��

I didn't have blood done in the end they couldnt take it.

The ward doctor just saw me even though he finished at 5, we came to a compromise . I am to stay the weekend I can go vending machine M and tommrow M is going to come and take me out. I decided to have a review on Monday and be late for college I think the I was at he doctors excuse is true cuz they are docotrs.

I feel better that they aren't going to trap and restrict me and they even admitted they can't detain me u see the mental health act or make me comply with treatment.

We agreed I'm having a depressive episode they are going to try me on medication and also give me something to help me sleep a little bit better and the anti depressant will help my anxiety to. However
I'm worried about the fact it would increase appetite.

I don't have any current thoughts to self harm. Let's hope it stays that way.

I feel very very low right now and tearful think I'm gonna cry again.

They do checks here every 15 mins even in the night :(

I really hope no one kicks of X

Old 11-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #11
stumpy
Hidden In My Shell I'm the Invisible Person...

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by havealittlefaith View Post
Thank you so much for your lovely reply stumpy ��

I didn't have blood done in the end they couldnt take it.

The ward doctor just saw me even though he finished at 5, we came to a compromise . I am to stay the weekend I can go vending machine M and tommrow M is going to come and take me out. I decided to have a review on Monday and be late for college I think the I was at he doctors excuse is true cuz they are docotrs.

I feel better that they aren't going to trap and restrict me and they even admitted they can't detain me u see the mental health act or make me comply with treatment.

We agreed I'm having a depressive episode they are going to try me on medication and also give me something to help me sleep a little bit better and the anti depressant will help my anxiety to. However
I'm worried about the fact it would increase appetite.

I don't have any current thoughts to self harm. Let's hope it stays that way.

I feel very very low right now and tearful think I'm gonna cry again.

They do checks here every 15 mins even in the night :(

I really hope no one kicks of X
They did checks every 15 mins even in the night, last time I was in the hospital too, nobody kicked off when I was there, only ever during the day, which didn't bother me, they only do it for your safety, it's great they've agreed to give you some meds to help you and that you can go to college still, it's really great that you haven't had any thoughts to self harm, it is ok to cry, you're in the safest place you can be to cry, nobody to judge you, or get angry or upset because you cry, if you need to cry just cry, let it all out, sometimes crying can help you feel better xX.

I'm glad you've decided to stay the weekend, hopefully it'll help you feel safer, and help the doctors get some support in place ready for you after the weekend, it sounds like your obs are ok, I'm sure if they were concerned about the bloods they would have tried again, I'm glad they are allowing you to go to the cashpoint and allowing M to take you out tomorrow, I hope it goes well when you go out, if you start feeling overwhelmed, try to make sure you stay safe go somewhere quiet, count to ten and take some deep breaths, stay calm and prove to the doctors how safe you can be, I believe in you, good luck with the meds, I hope they work and don't make you gain too much weight, if any

*hugs*

stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:09 PM   #12
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Thank you for the advice I can undo the blinds

I've been given mirtiazine and benzodiazipine for sleep X

Old 12-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #13
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

I should be getting out on Monday I really hope it's true. M is taking me out today :). I had a good sleep that really helps me. Thank you so much for the replies xx

Old 12-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #14
Wonderland.

I'm glad you had a good sleep. I hope your leave goes well

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #15
Epicene

I am currently:

Hope you find the new medication helpful. Sleep is so important.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #16
[Luna]

How was your time out?
Do you think you'll be safe to be discharged on monday?
x

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #17
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Thank you for all your replies. I am so overwhelmed right now.

I had a lovely day out with M, ordered the Christmas tree , wrapped presents and go a few democrat ions and had nandos :).

I'm seriously questioning dropping out of college but I feel a. Failure and don't know what to do. I'm suppose to do work placement and also I missed last week will miss this Monday's cuz being here. It would help to talk this all through.

I wanna be home so badly and defo home for Christmas . I really don't know if I'll be safe to go home Monday and I'm scared of ending up back on section.

I think as long as I wasn't to call police worry crisis team drink or overdose it would be okay but then I'm not sure about the cutting side of things.

I'm currently in my room. I feel rather tearful. I've had thoughts to cut they come and go all day. I don't know why there back.

I had a tiny moment today when I felt excited but also tearful but that little moment maybe that means it can change ? I don't know I still feel there's no hope and it's so scary yet I wanna be making plans to move forward . And I'm so worrying about being home the holidays . So that must be a good thing?

I'm not going to tell anyone about the thoughts right now. I think I'll be okay.

Last night I freaked out about taking the medication I don't even know what dose they giving me. I'm anxious if my worker will be at ward round Monday I know her views on meds and she don't like me being on anything.x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)