RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
stumpy
Hidden In My Shell I'm the Invisible Person...

I am currently:
My gran being in hospital is affecting my mental health

My gran has been in hospital for several weeks, she has finally had a diagnosis of Osteomyelitis (Infection of the bone). My great Aunt my Grandad's Sister recently passed away as a result of this same condition. I don't cope with grief well, I hate seeing my gran in pain & depressed, it's making me snap at other people taking my feelings out on others, feel like my mental health is going down the plug hole, don't know what to do anymore :(

stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Oh Stumpy, that' sounds so difficult and I'm sorry to hear about what you & your gran are going through right now.

I am the same when my gran was ill in hspital, it was like my world was turned upside down and I wasnt coping at all. So you're not alone. Do you have any good emotional support or ways for coping when you're down?

Sometimes, having someone to talk to and rant about how unfair it is and how you're feeling can help us to process these thoughts. Maybe yu could reach out to someone and let them know you're struggling?

Look after yourself as best you can. Trying to get enough sleep, proper diet, and 'you' time to relax is all important when big emotional things like this are happening.

Thinking of you x

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
stumpy
Hidden In My Shell I'm the Invisible Person...

I am currently:

Thanks am trying my best but don't have anyone close I can talk to, I'm not even supposed to know my gran's condition, but my parents didn't think it right to keep it from me, but I've gotta be careful as my gran doesn't want my grandad to know yet, as he's only just lost his sister to the same condition, and it'd make him panic & potentially have a breakdown too. I can talk to my D&A worker on Monday.

I never get much sleep, getting 'me' time is practically impossible, my partner is Autistic & quite needy.

Hope to get out & get some 'me' time on Monday after the electrician has been to fix my electrics.

Thanks for the reply & kind words :) x

stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)