RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
LRgrad15

Starting to not like being at places I used to frequent when everyone I know is gone

Does anyone have places they used to frequent a lot but due to the changes of time and people moving away or other things happening, you avoid those places you once loved due to all the memories you had? They don’t have to be bad memories. It can be good ones too. But revisiting those places can still bring on feelings of a longing for the past and maybe a twinge of sadness.

This is how I feel about the location I used to live in while I was at college. I used to really love it there and for a few years, really wanted to move back to that location and even get a job there. But now, my feelings have changed. Not only is it way too expensive for me to afford even with a couple roommates, the last person I know who I am friends with is moving away.

She will either go to Atlanta with her parents or move closer to where I live now which there is a possibility that may happen and she is working on that. After she leaves the area I used to live in, I won’t know anyone I am close to anymore. Everyone has either moved on, or sadly, passed away. I don’t have bad memories there. In fact, most of my memories are good, I really loved it. But now that times has changed, I am just met with sadness and not wanting to be there.

I don’t even think I want to get a job up there anymore since if I did, it would require me to move. There are other places close to where I live that I can work at. Exact same kind of job, just closer to my house and I can still get an apartment that is more affordable. Does anyone else feel sense of sadness or longing when visiting a place that they once lived or frequently went to? Like I said, my five years living there while I was at college was great, but now it doesn’t serve a real purpose. Wasn’t sure if it was normal to feel that was since good memories should bring happiness.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Seems perfectly normal to me . That sadness and longing because u miss the people or that time in Ur life or just how happy and carefree things where at that time. Dunno if u hav watched inside out film but it happen s on there this little girl has to move and it's like her whole world turns upside down for a bit she misses her old home her old friends and when she feels sad about her good memories the parents comfort her and that sadness becomes a core memory that helps shame who she is I'm goin off on a tangent now but yes it's normal and I get like it too

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Shape who she took is not shame

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #4
LRgrad15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala hugs View Post
Seems perfectly normal to me . That sadness and longing because u miss the people or that time in Ur life or just how happy and carefree things where at that time. Dunno if u hav watched inside out film but it happen s on there this little girl has to move and it's like her whole world turns upside down for a bit she misses her old home her old friends and when she feels sad about her good memories the parents comfort her and that sadness becomes a core memory that helps shame who she is I'm goin off on a tangent now but yes it's normal and I get like it too
Yep I totally agree. And yeah I do miss how things were back then. Mainly the people. Some people I don’t miss, but others I do.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)