RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #61
Canneberge
STERRRNNNN!!!!!

I am currently:

aspergers syndrome

I wanna be a Comquack-not that I like or even know what that is, but because I think it sounds like something I'd be good at!

Canneberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #62
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

Oh ok.
OCD and AS are different disorders though.
And I thought having that type of behavior similar to OCD was one of the symptoms in the criteria for AS/Autism?

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #63
Canneberge
STERRRNNNN!!!!!

I am currently:

yes it is, it also comes with a whole host of other awful things
OCD commonly comes with AS, usually to a small degree but most every person with AS has it to some degree

I wanna be a Comquack-not that I like or even know what that is, but because I think it sounds like something I'd be good at!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:28 AM   #64
Cryptic.

I am currently:

As I said though, isn't that type of behavior a symptom of AS/Autism, not actually OCD...

And I know it comes with other stuff, I went to a special educational needs school with people who have Autism/AS amongst other things. One of my very good friends actually has Autism, too.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #65
Canneberge
STERRRNNNN!!!!!

I am currently:

usually yes
but its not uncommon for people with AS to have OCD as well
OCD is pretty tame compared to all the other hellish stuff AS likes to throw at you (i donno i am biased because i have it)

Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #66
Cryptic.

I am currently:

For you, it may be tame, but that is probably because, as you said, you have good control over it. For others, however, it is sheer hell.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #67
Canneberge
STERRRNNNN!!!!!

I am currently:

I say it like that because of the AS it isn't as strong as it would be as if I just had OCD (according to the shrink I saw when I was 13, though my memory around then is fuzzy at best because of a really bad case of strep throat I had...numerous drugs later-I became allergic to one-I was better, abit less memory)

Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #68
Olive branch

I don't think I have OCD, I mean I have enough mental health issues as it is but when I get really stressed out I have to count things. Number of steps to a certain place, has to be a multiple of ten or else I have to repeat the movement until the number becomes a multiple of ten. I have to touch the edges of doors when I leave a room.

The counting is only mildly annoying, once I went into a music practic room with sound proofing. The sound proofing has thousands of little holes, I had to count them all and write each number in the bottom left hand corner of the tile to make the room safe again. That took a while...

I know I'm hardly suffering, but all of you are and I hope it can get easier for all of you.
X

System A
Sophie Mandi Max Gwen Mercy Erin AVA Tracey Bridget
My Isaac

System B
Tabitha, ?,Robert, Pippa, Sarah?

"Don't touch me."

Olive branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #69
Cryptic.

I am currently:

There are different severity of OCD, some only suffer mildly, some suffer moderately, some suffer severely. I'd say you do have some traits of the typical OCD sufferer, and whether you've been diagnosed with the actual disorder or not, you're still welcome to post here.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #70
Fallen Rain
Abstract Tobacco

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canneberge View Post
usually yes
but its not uncommon for people with AS to have OCD as well
OCD is pretty tame compared to all the other hellish stuff AS likes to throw at you (i donno i am biased because i have it)
I find this pretty offensive, I have spent years in and out of psych hospitals for having ocd (which they now think might be something else oh joy), and I, like Sarey, have been to a special educational needs school and my best friend f rom there has aspergers. I don't think this is the place to make competition as to who has the worst pain, it's inappropiate, and it's unfair and it's out of place on RYL.

Fallen Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #71
winterjadedsoul
never to feel...

I am currently:

Hello, I hope you don't mind me posting here.
I've had OCD for three years. My rituals include things like counting things in groups of 7, twirling past drains, jumping over cracks, tapping and kicking walls and tapping lightswitches. I look like a complete freak walking down a corridor or the street. Recently I decided that I wanted to take control over it and start working on not doing my rituals. I chose to do it intensively and for a while I managed not to do them sometimes, with support. But now my thoughts have got worse, and I'm scared the "bad thing" that I fear might happen. I don't want to work on it any more. But I've been told that I have to make progress or risk being thrown out. I'm just so scared. I don't know what the point of this post is. Just... hi.

winterjadedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 AM   #72
Canneberge
STERRRNNNN!!!!!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Rain View Post
I find this pretty offensive, I have spent years in and out of psych hospitals for having ocd (which they now think might be something else oh joy), and I, like Sarey, have been to a special educational needs school and my best friend f rom there has aspergers. I don't think this is the place to make competition as to who has the worst pain, it's inappropiate, and it's unfair and it's out of place on RYL.
I'm just quoting the quack, there is a reason I don't see quacks anymore... don't take those as my words, I really should have been more specific but...I was in a weird mood, I sometimes go hazy and say things, I think its all the allergy medication (it goes right to my head) though I am normally pretty bad with my word selections

Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #73
Only Distraction
Only love can heal the pain.

I am currently:

Anyone else have issues with colours?

Shout. Ask. Run. Question. Laugh. Remember.

Only Distraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #74
Cryptic.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Distraction View Post
Anyone else have issues with colours?
Maybe if you elaborate more we could identify more with what you mean?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #75
Cryptic.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Rain View Post
Honey, I think he meant for him, it was pretty light compared to the other stuff his AS throws at him. But I was unsure if he meant that OCD in general was light or if his OCD was light compared to the other AS stuff thrown at him.

x
*cuddles*

Old 05-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #76
Diamonds.
04/03/13 <3

I am currently:

I really bad OCD i have right now is. If i have light hair, i have to have light clothes on and EVERYTHING has to match ):. Its really depressing me.

thank you, Lily, for saving mummy's life*.
You are my one and only, you can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight, and you'll be alright.

Diamonds. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #77
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

My psychiatrist keeps telling me that she believes that OCD is something that health professionals should ignore and it will go away.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #78
Chloe.

I am currently:

I'm not a doctor, but I'm 16 and I've had ocd all my life. I don't know if it can just go away. But like I said, I'm not a doctor.

Chloe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #79
Cryptic.

I am currently:

OCD is a disorder for a reason.
It can seriously affect someone's life.
it will not just "go away".
Jeez.
Whoever said that needs to ...
f off.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 AM   #80
Canneberge
STERRRNNNN!!!!!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarey View Post
Honey, I think he meant for him, it was pretty light compared to the other stuff his AS throws at him. But I was unsure if he meant that OCD in general was light or if his OCD was light compared to the other AS stuff thrown at him.

x
*cuddles*
exactly! I couldn't speak for anyone, as I only know me ya know though i do have a habit of saying stupid ****, hence why I have no friends... its not a mystery I am generically unpleasant.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)