RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Garfield

I am currently:
Betrayed by best friend

OK, so, I'm really sad about this problem. SO here is the situation: my best friend met some new friends. I cannot stand them, they annoy me, I feel uncomfortable when I am with them, and I end up standing/sitting in the corner when we go out. She knows how I feel about them, but she still invites them whenever we go out. And when we are sitting alone she is constantly texting them. And I always have to call her, she never calls me anymore. I have to call her 5 times for a coffee because she is always with them. My behavior annoys her, but she doesn't see my side. We supposed to go out tonight, but she didn't call me, and she is out with them atm. I have been trying to keep this friendship going because she helped me a lot when I was depressed, but I am getting more and more convinced that I will fail. What do yo guys think?

PS. I am not jealous at them, if she likes hanging out with them, OK, but I think she shouldn't call them when she is with me and it's not OK what she is doing and then telling me she loves me the most.

Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 19-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
Aquifolia

Maybe you could gently point out to her that you think it's rude to call/text other people excessively when she's hanging out with you, and that you don't want to miss out on hanging out with her just because she has new friends. Make sure she knows how much you value your friendship.

I think the worst thing you could do is ignore it because she'd probably just keep hanging out with them and either never realize you were bothered by it or not understand why you were bothered by it, so she wouldn't know to do anything different.

Aquifolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear this friendship is causing you stress at the moment, it sounds like a really uncomfortable, unpleasant situation. As Aquifolia suggested, could you try to talk to her about it?

susieannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
Garfield

I am currently:

I tried, but when I call her, she always says she's busy because she has to make lunch/do homework/go out with them, and she says that that problem must be solved in person.

Old 20-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

It does sound like something better discussed in person, but I'm assuming she's not very good at coming up with times when she is free?

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
Garfield

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White. View Post
It does sound like something better discussed in person, but I'm assuming she's not very good at coming up with times when she is free?
Well, since she is hanging out with her new friends, she can't find time for her "best friend". I'm really hurt by that.

Old 20-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
LegoGirl

It does sound very very hurtful but it also sounds like you have made a lot of effort to communicate this to her and she isn't listening or making any effort back.

Maybe you should cool off for a bit, there is only so much you can do when someone is behaving this way before you have to just put yourself first.

LegoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)