RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #41
I got stripes

I am currently:

*Life in pain*, I know it's a really really hard decision to focus on your health not your education but could you perhaps try talking to your school about it? They might be very understanding, perhaps letting you carry forward the work you've done this year so when you feel more up to it you won't have to redo it for example? It's worth a try.

I got stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #42
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I was sent work from school to the ward I was staying in, and they gave me extra time to complete it. That could be an option.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #43
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i don't know. if you miss all the days they give you, there is no way to miss others. no matter where you are.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #44
Steel Maiden

I suppose. I was doing my GCSEs, so it was easier in that matter.

I don't really know what to say except you should put your health first. If you had an injured ligament, you wouldn't force it and run on it to practise for the race next week, would you? You wouldn't have a choice but to rest the ligament and cancel your place in the race.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 14-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #45
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

you are right. i don't know what i will do. i have an appointment with someone in a hospital in 10 days and i will either go in or stay out. i will let them decide whats best for me.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 15-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #46
MeganAlmighty

I am currently:

I personaly wouldnt choose to go into hospital as you can get far to comfortable there and just use your illness as an excuse for your behaviours therefore it discourages you to get better (well thats what hospital did for me anyways).
But i must strongly point out that hospital can sometimes be the answer if you have the right attitude.

🌎 Mama Earth 🌏

MeganAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #47
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

thanks for the advice!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 18-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #48
Steel Maiden

Its a postcode lottery with wards. The ward that serves my borough is awful, but the ward that serves another borough is great.

Old 18-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #49
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

i had to redo my gcse's because i put my health first last year and im glad i did because if i hadn't i would be died now.
hunny school will always be there you can always redo things.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #50
Steel Maiden

Yeah, I took several months off school; if I haven't done that, I would probably have no future ahead of me now.

Old 20-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #51
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Some CMHT offer alternatives to hospital.

Mine has a "home treatment team" which apparently (fortunately I havent had to use it) someone comes into your own home for anything from 1-3 weeks and talks to you. If you are changing medication, they monitor you and it's someone to talk to you if you like it. It's seen as an alternative to hospistalisation, though the person who comes and visits you does talk to your psych, and if she/he thinks you need it, they will arrange for you to come in.

It's better for some people because you arent stuck in hospital and therefore (if you are feeling up to it) you can still go about your "normal" life. Also, if you live on your own, and have children/pets you dont have to worry about who is looking after them.

Also, the person is only there for a few hours each day, so if you do get worse, then you can phone your social services, and the person will come back out to you or send your social worker/psych out.

It's also better in some ways because you get to see the same person throughout your "treatment" rather than having 101 different nurses/doctors talking to you, which tends to happen in hospital. Also, for most people, you can probably entertain yourself better than in hospital.

Obviously, if a person is in immediate danger or potentially could be, then hospitalisation is the only option, but for many people, this is a much better option.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #52
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by insignificant_one View Post
Mine has a "home treatment team" which apparently (fortunately I havent had to use it) someone comes into your own home for anything from 1-3 weeks and talks to you.
I have the Home Treatment Team visit me every evening for 20-30 minutes. They are sometimes not helpful and other times very helpful. They also make sure I take my meds, as I am prone to stopping them without telling anyone. The HTT also have a consultant who overlooks my care.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)