RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 18-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
TinaRapson

I am currently:
Rash on the tops of my legs around scars

I have a large rash on the tops of both my legs. It's really itchy and I've had something similar before around scar tissue. It happened this time not long after I used rosehip cream on them but I also used it on my arms and my arms are fine. I also use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with vitamin E. It started a few days ago and it's not improved at all and showering seems to make it worse even when the water is only slightly warm.
Also it's probably not related but I also have what look like love bites underneath my chest and the inside part of my elbows. Just thought it was odd that it happened at the same time.
I'm going to a walk-in centre tomorrow to see a doctor but before I do I wanted to see what others thought. Has anyone ever had something like this or know what it is?

Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly <3

Old 19-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Animad

It's unlikely to be the creams/ cocoa butter if they're not affecting you elsewhere. What I'm wondering is whether they're due to heat. There's also a possibility that a product you're maybe using in the shower is the cause and you've developed an allergy to that and this could be why you've got marks elsewhere on your body. Are you scratching at all? Is it really itchy? Feeling ok otherwise? No-one else in the house has this? Have you got any pets? Are they scratching at all/ have any visible rash or hair loss?

Really it could be a number of things and with rashes it's hard to say as there are so many causes but I think the marks elsewhere are also likely to be related.

Old 19-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
TinaRapson

I am currently:

It's spread to the back of me knees now, I use the same thing I've always used in the shower so I doubt it's that. The only new thing I've used is the rosehip cream. It's really itchy, red and raised. I don't see how it could be heat rash because I've only been wearing pyjamas for the past couple of days and we haven't had any hot weather. Going to doctors if it's not better on Saturday. Do you know if there's anything I can do before then to stop it itching?

Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly <3

Old 23-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
Animad

I presume it's either improved now or you've gone to the doctors. Really without seeing the rash in person it's very hard to say. If you haven't got it looked at you could always see a pharmacist and they can guide you on what may help. As well as that, you could try applying some e45 cream if there isn't any open sores; this will act as a barrier and stop other things making contact with it and so if it is due to an allergy (and you can become allergic to something even if you've been using it/ been around it for years) it will stop this becoming in contact with your skin.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)