RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:
Post man.

This is kinda random but this past month the post man has delivered the wrong mail to my house about 5-6 times.
I could understand if it was the wrong number or something simple like that but nope it's the wrong STREET!
They keep delivering the wrong street's mail to my place.

HOW HARD IS IT TO GET IT RIGHT?!

I now have no NO faith in the post man.

Anyways...i hear this is kinda common.

Rant over.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Well the post office will just hire anyone to deliver mail these days. people who might not even care. or don't organise the contents of their bag properly. If you know your route surely you should organise the letters by street.
Our post man is quite reliable. the only time we've ever got someone else's mail is when the letter has been buried in a bundle of envelopes meant for us.
It's usually nothing more than something meant for next door.
Guess our postman is better organised.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Yeah i could understand the odd letter being buried when there is lots.

And it wouldn't be so bad if it was a one off time, but nope it's happend quite a bit, I'm a little paranoid now incase some of my stuff/dads stuff has gone to someone else.

Old 16-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Wow that's just wrong! they are getting paid to do it right, not a half arsed job.

Old 16-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
whirlpools

I liveo n a very busy street for walkers, and our postman simply hung one of my parcels on the front door handle where it was plain to see, rather than take it back to the depot.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
akita

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_Good_inc. View Post
Our post man is quite reliable. the only time we've ever got someone else's mail is when the letter has been buried in a bundle of envelopes meant for us. It's usually nothing more than something meant for next door. Guess our postman is better organised.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
I'm a little paranoid now incase some of my stuff/dads stuff has gone to someone else.
So you mean the photos of me naked went to somebody else?

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson.Meriwether View Post
Too right it is. When it happened to me I spotted the post about 2/3 mins after the postman had been. I went out to the street on the off chance he was still about but he wasn't so I emailed a complaint to Royal Mail. It was exceedingly difficult to find out where to send the email to; they don't advertise their complaints department.

Another time when it happened I was in the kitchen when the postie chucked a 'Sorry you were out' card through the kitchen letter box. As I was still in my dressing gown I quickly told my Dad & he went chasing after the postie. Dad got the parcel and the potie got a chewed ear.

The postie even commented to my Dad that they're often receiving complaints about that kind of thing happening. You'd have thought the Jebends would have realised by now if they did a better job they'd receive less complaints.
Yeah, it seems like they do have a lot of problems with there staff doing a half arsed job, But well done to you and your dad for chasing him/them down! and then for giving them an ear full. Yeah a lot of complaints must be telling them something is going wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akita View Post
This

So you mean the photos of me naked went to somebody else?
Yes, they must have, sorry :(

Old 16-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

this whole thread has reminded me of this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74_Qx4Z24z0"]Royal Mail - Monkey Dust - YouTube[/ame]

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
ferretmonster

you can make a complaint online if its happening a lot, we had a similar problem and i hate to complain but there is something on the PO website you can register these problems with.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/find-out...ice/contact-us

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
Fry

I am currently:

I'm really grateful for the Royal Mail, have never had much issue with them. But it's like any large workforce, you're bound to get some incompetent employees.
All you need to do is let them know what's happening, it's probably something really simple causing it. Rather than stupidity.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

I would call up your local sorting office and complain to them about and say something needs to be done.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I suspect that sometims the postman puts three different houses that are next to each other and gives it to one house when they're feeling lazy. But often they're really pretty good

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

theyre just trying to keep you on your toes!!

i have only just got my delivery from new look, it got here on monday, but had been swallowed into the depths of the mail room!!! abandon hope all ye who enter ye olde mail room...eth

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #14
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

I've been getting mail for a couple of randomers for a couple of years now, should probably do something about that rather than just collecting/burning it.

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
Asura

My mailman has only rarely made a mistake delivering mail, and if it happens you just take it across the street to whomever it's addressed. And use it as an opportunity to be friendly to your neighbours. I'm really not upset at all by the oversight...

Also, mailmen should be like this guy. (They should be trained in combat)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTBIHXwSLNE"]Milkman vs. Mailman - YouTube[/ame]

/irrelevant

Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #16
akita

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
Yes, they must have, sorry :(
Damn.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura View Post

Milkman vs. Mailman - YouTube

/irrelevant
Ha ha fantastic.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
The One Who

I am currently:

Royal Mail have their faults, but I always find it pretty amazing that for about 46p I can send a letter to the other side of the country that will get there the next day.

You can't buy a bar of chocolate for that now.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
ferretmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura View Post
My mailman has only rarely made a mistake delivering mail, and if it happens you just take it across the street to whomever it's addressed. And use it as an opportunity to be friendly to your neighbours. I'm really not upset at all by the oversight...

Milkman vs. Mailman - YouTube

/irrelevant

thats fine usually and is what i have done in the past but when i was living in banbury they were giving me post that had the same house number but a street i had no idea where it was!

a couple of times i put it back in the post box and it still came back to me!! lol

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I have no problems with my parcel man or the mail man. In fact I was stopped in the street by the parcel man the other day saying that he had a parcel for me and I could take it now, save going back to the sorting office.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)