RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-10-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
[Luna]

Attacked

I've been debating and debating whether to make this thread.
I'll give it a go for now but may delete it later. I don't know.

I'm not ready to go into too much detail but I was raped at the beginning of the weekend. It's been reported to the police, I've been examined and they've taken forensic evidence and I've done a video statement.

It's been a horrific weekend and my head is still trying to process everything.
Just could really use support. It all feels like a horrible dream I can't wake up from.

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Oh Hun, no words will take the pain away but please know we are here for you. I'm glad you have reached out for support and I hope you don't delete this. I'm sorry I'm short on words at the moment but please know I'm here.
Be kind to yourself <3

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
Horizon

I am currently:

I am so very sorry to hear that this has happened.
The reporting process is upsetting; I hope they were supportive for you!
Well done on reaching out on here.
Please take time to rest and take care of yourself both mentally and physically. Do you have a good support system in place while you go through this?
Apologies if this reply is not quite so useful. Please continue to reach out for support here. Also, RAINN has some useful resources for confidential support if you ever feel like looking into that.
Be gentle with yourself.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hugs how horrific. I'm so sorry that no words feel adequate for what you must be going through right now but I am thinking of you xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
[Luna]

Thank you for the replies.

The police have been very kind but it's an extremely intrusive process. It's been very, very difficult.
My wife has been amazing, although she is affected hugely by all this. I feel guilty for putting her through this. She's taken some time of work so I won't be alone.

I'm very tired. I'm on anti-HIV medication which is making me feel quite rotten physically.

Thank you for your kindness and advice, I really appreciate it x

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

Old 31-10-2016, 10:40 PM   #6
Harbour

I am currently:

I think it's important to remember that "you" haven't put your wife through anything. The person that did this to you has.

You are an incredible person and I am so so sorry that this happened to you.

Love you <3

Harbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
[Luna]

Thank you for being amazing love. I couldn't ask for a better friend.
Sorry I haven't been responding to text messages. I'm feeling very paranoid because the police will have to seize my phone at some point and download all the data from it. It feels horrible because they will see and read all my text messages. The police woman said it's really important to the case and the whole process is very invasive. It feels like more of my privacy is being invaded but I understand why it needs to be done.
x

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

Old 31-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #8
Epicene

I am currently:

Sorry I don't have many words. Life is so unfair, its unspeakably horrific. But you are speaking, and youre doing all the right things by seeking support and being open and working with the police. All my thoughts are with you.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:30 AM   #9
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.

I am currently:

I'm so very sorry, Luna. I'm here for you, whatever it takes <3

Sweetpea

MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:57 AM   #10
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
I think it's important to remember that "you" haven't put your wife through anything. The person that did this to you has.

You are an incredible person and I am so so sorry that this happened to you.

Love you <3
These words are very true. You have nothing to feel guilty about <3 Sending so much love your way. We're here for you <3

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:22 AM   #11
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Not many words but thinking of you xxx

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:22 AM   #12
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I also thinking making this thread was so brave x

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #13
Harbour

I am currently:

No problem I thought that was why <3. We can always PM on here if that feels easier.

It's so unfair that they have to do that and it's totally understandable that this feels like yet another invasion on you as a person when you aren't the person who's done something wrong!

How are you today?

Old 01-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
[Luna]

Thank you all so, so much.

My mind keeps going over everything. I keep swinging between fear and being numb. It feels like it's all happened to someone else.
I keep going over all the things I did wrong, all the stupid decisions I made. I'm so angry at myself. I just keep thinking 'Why did I do x?' 'Why did I do y?' If I hadn't then none of this would have happened.

They say it's extremely likely that they'll catch him but I feel sick. The thought of going to court and being told it's all my fault or I'm a liar or I asked for it.

I overheard the friend I was with say "I didn't want to go out but Luna was insistent that she wanted to go" which is true. It was a Halloween night, I wanted to have a drink and dance and dress up and have a laugh with my friends because everything has been so shit recently. I've dragged him into all this. I hate myself for that.

Now there's adjusting and going back to my 'normal routine'. I don't know how to get my head around doing that. I just don't know how to do it all. I feel so overwhelmed at the prospect. It feels wrong. Everything feels wrong.

- T.S. Elliot

Old 01-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #15
[Luna]

I am really struggling with it all this morning.
I feel anxious and low. I'm tired of it hurting when I wee, reminding me every time and the side effects of PEP drugs.

I just don't know.

- T.S. Elliot

Old 01-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #16
Harbour

I am currently:

Could you go back to Rasasc? Is P supporting you atm?

It's so so tough love but it will get better with time. It's very early days. You haven't dragged anyone into this because it's not your fault - and that's how your friend and everyone else sees it. Could you try and put trust in other people's views instead of your own at the moment?

How are the voices?

Old 01-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #17
Sketchy

I am currently:

I wish I knew what to say. Im thinking of you. Well done on making this thread, it's brave of you to reach out. Take care. X

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:09 PM   #18
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

I'm so proud of you for reaching out. You didn't put any of us through this, there is only one person to blame and it certainly isn't you xx

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #19
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hugs I'm low on words but I agree with Harbour . I'm sorry I don't have more to offer . Xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #20
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Luna] View Post
Thank you all so, so much.

My mind keeps going over everything. I keep swinging between fear and being numb. It feels like it's all happened to someone else.
I keep going over all the things I did wrong, all the stupid decisions I made. I'm so angry at myself. I just keep thinking 'Why did I do x?' 'Why did I do y?' If I hadn't then none of this would have happened.

They say it's extremely likely that they'll catch him but I feel sick. The thought of going to court and being told it's all my fault or I'm a liar or I asked for it.
I think it's also really important to remind yourself lovely that whatever decisions you made, whatever your brain is blaming yourself for he is the one who did this. You have a right to go about your life making any decision, and not be attacked. The only person who did anything wrong in this situation was him.

Nothing about this is your fault.
You didn't ask for this.
You are being incredibly brave talking about what happened.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)