RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
ajrocks

I am currently:
Contains abuse - Trying to fix myself.

I'm trying desperately to do this, all without professional support which me and everyone around me knows I need but I can't get right now-not for want of trying.
I don't think its going so well
I don't know how to change things-I just want the nightmares to stop,the flashbacks,the fact that i'm so on edge every time I come into contact with males etc.
I feel like a child 90% of the time though I do manage to hide it well at work-I work in a school so that always helps!
Its just torture really and I want it all to go away but I can't.
I've been reading stuff that should in theory be helpful but I don't know if it is helpful doing it alone i'm not sure if it makes my head more messed up cause I don't know how to process things in the intended way without always going back to the fact I feel like it was all my fault.
I'm sorry I don't really know why I wrote this just needed to get that out I suppose,hope it makes sense.

"And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off."

"What others think of me is none of my business".

ajrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 30-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hey lovely,

While I think it's really brave trying to do this on your own and I admire you for trying, I would really suggest you access professional help.

I tried to 'fix' myself and all it did was tie me up in knots and possibly do more damage than good.

I hope exploring these things here helps you a little.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
ajrocks

I am currently:

Thankyou Patent Pending for your reply
And thankyou Littlecloud for your hugs.
I just don't know what to do I have no support because I can't get professional support, they have cut all their budgets so I can't see anyone for another year! (that is how long the waiting lists are here).
Everyone is in the same boat here its awful.
I am with MIND but they can't offer me the support I need and their is noone else that i haven't tried or that my friends haven't looked up for me as well
I have no alternative but to try to pull myself through this **** again.I feel so alone even though i'm surrounded by lovely people.
I had another panic attack/flashback at work the other day because i was put into a situation where i was in a room on my own with 2 men with the door closed and a child (i work in a school) and fortunately my colleague realised and came to take over from me so i went and found my other colleague-couldn't even speak as i was having a bad flashback all i could do was hold onto her until it had passed but she realised and waited patiently than i managed to say what had happened.I have all these patient people around me which i don't deserve at all trying to help me and i really want to pull it together and not keep leaning on them all the time but i can't seem to do this.I just want it all to go away
thanks for listening x

"And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off."

"What others think of me is none of my business".

ajrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
whitecrow4

Thank you.

I think that is the main issue I have, I mainly remember the loving side, but now have been told by 4 people that my memories of her may not be accurate. In a way I wish she was still alive so I could get her version of events.

I'm just really struggling with the anger at the moment, I don't really do anger and it's difficult.

I don't know really, I guess it is just because it could explain a lot of things about some of my issues now.

white

whitecrow4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)