RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:
The cutting "warning label"

I had to track this dwn on my computer and transpose it from a desktop background.
V2 wouldn't be complete without it after all. Dunno who first wrote it, but i know i didn't.

WARNING
Before you make that first cut remember. You will enjoy this. You will find the blood and pain release addictive. Even though you think you can make a few tiny cuts that aren’t deep and will heal easily, they will get deeper. They will scar. They will sometimes take months to heal. And years for the scars to fade. If you think you can limit the cutting to one area of your body think again. It will spread when you run out of skin.

Be prepared to withdraw from others and live in a constant state of shame. Even if you are the most honest person ever to live you will find yourself lying to the people you love. You will jerk back from your friends when they touch you as if their hands were dipped in poison. You will be terrified that they will feel something under the cloth of your shirt, or just because it just plain hurts so much to be touched.

Be prepared to get so out of control you fear your next cut because you don’t know how bad it will be. Just wait for 10 cuts to turn into 100... Be prepared for your entire life to revolve around cutting, and thinking about cutting, cutting and covering up cutting. And just wait until that first time you cut “too deep”. And you freak because the blood won’t stop, and you are gaping, ad you feel yourself shaking all over. You are having a panic attack and you are terrified but you can’t tell anyone. So you sit there alone, praying it will be okay and swearing you’ll never let it go this far again. But you will; and further. Don’t worry, you will learn how to take care of your cuts so that you can go deeper and deeper and avoid A and E.

You will lie to yourself and justify it when you find yourself spending £10, £20, £30 every time you go into a chemist. You will feel the flutter of your heart beat every time you go to the counter. Butterfly strips, 3 or 4 kinds of dressings, wound tape, antibiotic cream, medical tape, and scar reducers. You will tap your foot impatiently hoping the queue will move on and that no one will stare at you or wonder why you need all these things. And at the same time secretly hope that someone will notice... someone who is standing in line with an armful of the same supplies. Someone who understands. But of course that never happens.

Medical supplies won’t be the only thing you spend all your money on. Be prepared to buy a new wardrobe. Long sleeve shirts in summer colours, bracelets, wristbands, boots, gloves the list goes on and on.

You will start looking at every one in a different way. Scanning their bodies for any signs of SI, just hoping that you might meet someone like you so you don’t feel so terribly alone. You won’t even think about it as you eyes scan their wrists, arms, hoping, just hoping that you might meet someone like you. But they are not. You will see their clean arms and feel terribly ashamed and alone.

You will start doing alot of things alone. You will always have to wash your laundry in private so that no one sees the blood stains on your clothes and towels. You will always be cleaning up the blood. Scrubbing your bathroom floor, wiping the blood off your keyboard.

You won’t be able to make it through a day without cutting. Next thing you know you’re locked in a toilet cubical somewhere breaking open a scar with a sewing needle you keep in your purse for emergencies. When you get really desperate anything can be a cutting tool. Scissors, car keys, needles, even a pen. It doesn’t really matter what if you need to cut bad enough you’ll find something.

Say goodbye to the things you took for granted. Like wearing shorts or sandals, pedicures and sleeveless tops. A normal summer day at the beach or the swimming pool will become a far off memory to you.

And remember to be ready to itch. Because you will itch and itch so much that “you look like you have fleas or a skin disease”.

You will become an expert on your own body as you destroy it carefully. You will dream about cutting. You will dream about being exposed. It will haunt you day and night and take over your life. You will wish you never made that first cut because you will absolutely hate cutting; but at the same time you love it and cannot live without it.

You have been warned...

Last edited by Amaryllis : 15-09-2010 at 09:02 PM.
howlie, is offline   Reply With Quote
135 Hugs Given By :
<(O_O<) (>O_O)>, *phantom*, *Sorcha*Loupvoix*, -Kenny., -LetMeSign-, .Black.Rose., .Poisonous.Cyanide., 29M, Acrasia, afraidtogetbackup, air35, alibly, all-hope.lost-forever, AmyShmamy, angel wings, Animad, Auragrace, BabyDoll, bananaaz, batty boi!, bender, BGonya1001, bingie, bluedoc, Butterfly1995, Buttons., C.C., CaiteeBug, cauthon, Celticroots, CherylCyanide, colloquial, Commoner-Kou, Connor1, coolcolorofblack, csu.claire, Darkwings44, Dataunit, Doesnt_matter, DoveInGrey, Dramaholic74, DthCab4Cutie94, Eccentrics, emoskylady, Escaping Sadness, forgotten one, frozenfairytale, getting_by, greenspot, HandsWithoutShadows, Harvest, Healing the Damage, Hiding Amaranth, I Miss You, IamNOTok-listen2me, IceBerg, Iloveyou22, im_the_kid_that_falls, insanitylives, Jessica5452, JustNobody, Kimaru, Kira, Kitkat :), kona, Lannysaurus, LauraaRainbow, lawzylaus, LeiahPoem, lexi541, lifeordeath, LilRed2330, lil_attie, little-elf, lonely_hope, lovelybones, Lyddie, MaybeNotForever, Mayhem, Me., melps, melusina, MGICECUBE15, muzzii, nataliefelton, nightmarebeforehalloween, oxymoron, PeaceMusicTruth, Pennacious, perfectly_fallen, perfecx, ph1sh, pixiedust_11, Poisonous, poloswimer, purplestardust2, raenydaiz, Rawrk, razorblade_babi, Riku3323, Runa, running, Ryuzaki, sarah., SarahScars01, Scaredandalone, Secret Pain, shatteredbits, shine, silent_scars11, sillyputty, SimplyScared, Siwan, Smileintheeyes, SmokeAndMirrors, Smurfette, Snow White., snowflake, Song_Breeze, Stargirlml, StrawberryGashes, sues, Sushi, tattooedwhitetrash, TheHurtWillNeverHeal, tinkerbell16, Voice Of Reason, whispershine, wonderful_feeling, xSnickersx, xxemolollypopxx, Xxfind_me_herexX, YellowLemon, yoyogirl, ~Aidey~
Old 04-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

Yeah I read this as well and then saved it! Its from aaages ago! Twud help put someone off SIing...

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

Hmmm that was my basis, i get his feeling that i might never have started if id known more about it, i was one of those disturbed pople who thought it as col, and look where that got me... :\ hehe,

you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried

Old 04-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

I think dying_deep_inside wrote it. Its definatly off putting! It should be put on leaflets or things in a doctors waiting room... That sounds stupid but it could really help someone! If I read this before I started I never would have done it... I never thought thought bout all the sh*te that comes with SIing like hurting yer family, awkwardness at home thats nearly unbearable... expensive psychs, permanent scars... people judging you the whole time... no short sleeves!!! Grrr...

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

Definatly, and yeah, if i ever find out for sure, i can quote it.

god knows we tried

Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
Strawberry.Bananas
Vicki :)

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...howl View Post
You will start looking at every one in a different way. Scanning their bodies for any signs of SI, just hoping that you might meet someone like you so you don’t feel so terribly alone. You won’t even think about it as you eyes scan their wrists, arms, hoping, just hoping that you might meet someone like you. But they are not. You will see their clean arms and feel terribly ashamed and alone.

You won’t be able to make it through a day without cutting. Next thing you know you’re locked in a toilet cubical somewhere breaking open a scar with a sowing needle you keep in your purse for emergencies. When you get really desperate anything can be a cutting tool. Scissors, car keys, needles, even a pen. It doesn’t really matter what if you need to cut bad enough you’ll find something.

Wow, that's really powerful, and frighteningly true!

Especially those 2 paragraphs!

"Can I ever be truly whole again...

...after being broken so many times?"

Strawberry.Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
Puppet Strings
commonplace.

:) It's good to see that this warning label is back, it's such a good piece of writing, and hauntingly true in numerous places.

As far as I can remember, I think this was also used at the beginning of 'The Cutting Club' doc. x

I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright

:heart:

Puppet Strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #8
Jayne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Strings View Post
:) It's good to see that this warning label is back, it's such a good piece of writing, and hauntingly true in numerous places.

As far as I can remember, I think this was also used at the beginning of 'The Cutting Club' doc. x
Yeah, it definitly was at the start of The Cutting Club.

Its scary how much it describes myself.

xxx

Well content loves the silence, It thrives in the dark,
With fine winding tendrils, That strangle the heart,
They say that promises sweeten the blow, But I don't need them,
No, I don't need them...

Jayne. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
lydia.

Yup, it was Rach. Maannn I wish I had taped that >.<

Really good writing methinks. Brings back a lot reading it, in a weird way.

Hm.

lydia. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #10
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

Yeah, thats why i made the effor tot copy it from a picture, not the easyest thing in the world, i wish theyd re reun the cutting club, it seems the only copy n the interenet is a myspace video taped onto a mobile.

god knows we tried

Old 05-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #11
this too shall pass
fall again, fall better

I am currently:

I really think this should be stickied as it meant so much to me on the old site

Yer you bleed just to know you're alive

proud plumeria sis
Vrinda is my mum
Blondiebear is my sister
I Got Lei'd in Vets

this too shall pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
Rawrk

Sticky it.
S'good.
I sent it to a couple of my friends, stopped them from doing something stupid.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:59 AM   #13
Damnation.
I'm breaking down, and it's because of you

I am currently:

I've never seen that (I wasn't on v2 for very long), and it's actually got me in tears

Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness, Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness, Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness, Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness.
I'm...h...a...p...p...y...

Damnation. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #14
crazykat
Fight for another day

Its an excellent article i think, and could potentially help alot of people

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #15
Doesnt_matter
Judith

I love this text because it is so honest and true.
I wish I would have read it earlier...perhaps I would not have started with SI?!
This text should be read by everyone: first that they understand people like us and second to prevent people hurting themselves.

I read the text a while ago but I never known who wrote it.

Thanks a lot to the author!

I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul. My only goal is just to be.
(Rent)

I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. (Marilyn Monroe)

Doesnt_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

haha, if i could sicky it i would.

Its put friends off, and for me, expressed te in expressible, somwhere theres an D veruion too

god knows we tried

Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #17
musik-addikt
you love me but you don't know who i am

I am currently:

wow that is powerful. I just read it about 5 times. gonna print it out.

sorry for my ignorance but what is "the cutting club'?

" I wake up feeling convicted, / I know something's not right / Re-acquaint my knees with the carpet //
They've been swimming in the wrong waters / Now they're pulling me down / But I am clinging to you, never letting go / 'Cause I know that you'll lift me out //
Have your way here / Keep me afloat / 'Cause I know I'll sink without you / Take this ocean of pain that is mine / Throw me a lifeline " - Lifeline, Brooke Fraser

musik-addikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #18
Damnation.
I'm breaking down, and it's because of you

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by musik-addikt View Post
wow that is powerful. I just read it about 5 times. gonna print it out.

sorry for my ignorance but what is "the cutting club'?
The Cutting Club was a documentary on the BBC (I think it was the BBC) about self harm, but that's all I can tell you. Hopefully, it was one that actually tried to quash the ridiculous misconception that all self harmers are attention seeking emos ¬_¬

Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness, Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness, Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness, Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness,Ness.
I'm...h...a...p...p...y...

Damnation. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #19
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

twas a great documentary

god knows we tried

Old 12-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #20
_plastic

I've read this article like 2000 times and
...i keep reading it ...!

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)