Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #841
Derpy
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
We are not attacking your views. Tbh it really does not bother me that your are against MH services.

Why do you ignore all the helpful stuff and pick out the slightest negative comment?
Just because I don't reply doesn't mean that I ignored the posts? You're determined to assume that I'm being rude, disrespectful etc, when I'm actually not

Old 28-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #842
Wonderland.

You just proved my point.

I'm not determined to assume anything ACTUALLY.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Old 28-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #843
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi-Snarf View Post
THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS THREAD ANYMORE!!
If you want to write on a thread about how you're feeling go to the ranting forum. Other people here deserve support and your thread, WITH A RESOLVED ISSUE, need not be open anymore.
LET THIS DIE!
Why don't you just put my thread on ignore?

Old 28-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #844
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Seriously Nickelback... what do you want? What support can this thread give to you now that you have a plan of action?

Old 28-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #845
Derpy

I am currently:

*sighs* Can we move on?
This is starting to make me suicidal now. Please just move on.

Old 28-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #846
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Move on to where?

Old 28-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #847
Wonderland.

If it's making you suicidal, then don't post. You have the control to choose if you do or not.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Old 28-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #848
Derpy

I am currently:

Just saw this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect.Star View Post
The issue isn't whether they are still alive but
a) what would have happened without you (i.e. are you better than a 'control'
b) what would have happened if they had professional support (i.e. trial against best available treatment)

Being alive isn't everything - being alive, happy and able to live a productive/meaningful life are all important and affected by MH. Also, as I've said before what could happen in the short term future if they become suicidal again? The aim is to prevent these feelings not arrive at the critical point each time. Obviously it's not always possible and often doesn't work immediately but in time that is what should happen.
I will always be there for them, and they know that. I do try to provide the most support I can, over the largest period of hours per day (not just a few hours a week cbt or counselling). I am there for them whenever they need me. I have helped them through some of the hardest stuff, and no, not all of them are happy yet, but I won't give up until they are. <3 I won't stop what I am doing. "Do no harm" is what I live by. And I don't do harm. I save lives. Some of these lives, have been messed up by the mental health services and I'm the one trying to fix them. Others have never engaged in mh services and others still are engaged with them. I try to help them all.
I won't stop what I do just because some person on this forum thinks its "unsafe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect.Star View Post
No one is saying you are pro-psych - we are all very aware of your psych view. I believe some people think you may be mis-interpreting some of your feelings and because of your fears of MH services/because you have protested against them so long and convinced yourself they are all bad can't look objectively at what you want/need.
Well I can't agree to that. I looked at it objectively and decided on my current plan and opinion based on that. I know what I have decided is in my best interest

Old 28-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #849
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

What really bothers me is that this thread keeps being bumped and other people who we can actually support are being pushed off the first page.
You've made your decision. This isn't a rant thread and its affecting other members support.

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Old 29-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #850
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix Tape View Post
What really bothers me is that this thread keeps being bumped and other people who we can actually support are being pushed off the first page.
Please talk to the other people posting about this, I've tried repeatedly to move the thread on and it does get dragged back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix Tape View Post
You've made your decision. This isn't a rant thread and its affecting other members support.
The constant arguing is affecting my mental health

Old 29-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #851
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

But you still havent answered my question...

WHAT do you want this moved on to?

Old 29-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #852
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Hi,

This thread has been locked for a number of reasons all of which would have been a valid reason on their own but combined means this thread cannot continue the way it has been.

This thread has 43 pages of replies, not all of them supportive but there is a lot of good advice that has been given. As this thread has not moved on due to the OP continuing to go over old ground it seems pointless to keep this thread going. OP there is a lot of good advice for you in this thread and I would suggest now that you cannot retaliate to other posts in this thread that you have another look at the suggestions given.

There is also the issue of being 'anti psych' on RYL we encourage people to join whether they are at a point where they are ready to recover, are recovering or who aren't quite there yet. However being so vocal about how bad MH professionals are is a detrimental and dangerous thing to do on a website where there are vulnerable people,some of whom at 11-12 years old who may take on this mindset with no real evidence of their own and in later years refusal of MH services may result in suicide and so on. Your opinions may be your own but on a website like RYL it is very important to be aware of what may push members of the community over the edge.

On a side note, the moderators have been lenient with this thread, allowing it to stay open despite borderline rule breaking by asking members how to lie to MH professionals. If you decide to create another thread OP rest assured that the moderators will be taking action more swiftly if this occurs again.

The other reason this thread has been closed is because it is no longer to the benefit of either the OP or the other members posting, those who have taken the time to continue to reply despite being faced with,quite frankly, rude and ungrateful posts back. I am sure it is obvious to everyone posting that this thread was becoming slightly farcical.

There is a lot to be taken away from this thread for all the posters involved. For those becoming frustrated to lack of response to well thought out posts and having questions ignored. In future it may be best to walk away and come to peace with the fact that some people may not want to hear what you have to say. It is understandably difficult to walk away when someone is being rude to you, however in staying and arguing you are feeding the need for attention which is more negative than positive. For the OP I think the best thing to take away from this thread is the posts offering you advice and to step back and take a minute before posting a scathing reply to someone that is trying to help you. It is a credit to the members of this site that posters continued to try and help you despite receiving rude responses.

I hope we do not have to close down another thread like this, posted by any member. However if the same type of thread occurs again the moderators will be taking much swifter action.

If anyone has any issues or anything they would like to say on the matter then please feel free to contact me or to email moderators@recoveryourlife.com However if you decide to PM me and you are angry about the action taken I would suggest you step away and calm down before PMing me or emailing the moderators. Abusive/flaming PMs and emails will not be tolerated.

Liv.

RYL Mod.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)