RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
Butterscotch

I am currently:
Tips on telling boyfriend that I still self harm at times

My boyfriend and I have been dating just over 5 months and he knows that i used to self harm but not that I still do sometimes. Does anyone have any advice on how I can tell him? I am worried that he will feel hurt and/or will break up with me or that he will ask why I did it.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

Maybe send him a message if it's too hard to say out loud? I do know that he will ask why you do it though so maybe prepare an answer to that question beforehand. There's no reason he would break up with you if he is a decent person but it is a shock for people to hear and they can blame themselves and that's when talking about it and explaining is important.

Old 13-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Why not Google resources information about SI? Then either print them off and show him or send him the links. That way you can start an conversation about SI without blurting out "hey I SI" which seems to be the problem here.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Old 14-09-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
Auror.
Camden

sometimes it can help to think about how you would like someone to react, as that can help inform you what you would like from the conversation. if you can say up front i am telling you this for xyz reason, or i am telling you this because i could use support to do xyz, or because you just think honesty is important and you want them to be aware, etc... that might also help you narrow down a better way to approach it.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Old 21-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #5
Acto808

I am currently:

honestly, being honest is always the best way to go you may not like the outcome that comes with being honest but trust me, being honest about your self harm is always the best way to go. Your being honest to your self, your issue, you showing you have nothing to hide and that he can trust you to go to him for help

PLEASE STAY SAFE ��

Forever forgotten

Old 29-06-2021, 09:38 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Closing due to age. Butterscotch, feel free to PM me at any time if you would like this reopening.

No other sadness in the world would do

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)