RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Yurei

I am currently:
Freaked out.

I'm just really overwhelmed right now. My best friend is really sick. He has an auto immune disease and ulceritive colitis and he is on antibiotics for an infection caused by my puppy - a puppy in which I just realized that I was too unwell to care for properly. I need to pack, because I'm moving into my mother's place until I can find a place of my own to live. Today I walked out of my therapists office because my anxiety is out of control, and there's a voice in my head telling me to starve myself. The girl I like is too far away to be in a relationship with and I've never done the dating thing.

I don't know how to manage myself. I'm scared.

Yurei is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Hi there, well done for posting. Some people find it daunting or scary but you definitely deserve to seek out and ask for help.

I'm sorry that you feel so bad about your friend being sick. He is on antibiotics which means he is betting the right course of treatment for the infection. Please try not to blame yourself. I can understand why you might want to, but it really isn't your fault that your friend has an auto immune disease.

How do you feel about moving in with your mother? Is the packing something that she can help you with? When I had to move back from University, I had a lot of stuff. What I tried to do was to break everything up into sections. I wrote myself a few lists, and over a period of a week, I did small chunks every day to keep myself going and to try and get it done in manageable amounts. Do you feel this is something you could try?

Is your therapist aware of your anxiety and the voice you described telling you not to eat? Therapists are trained and are understanding of issues like this. Perhaps it is something you can try to work on with them.

Sorry for all the questions! I don't mean to be overwhelming you. Sending you some caring hugs. You deserve them.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Hi there, how are you feeling today? Any less panicked?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

i don't have a ton to add, but wanted to let you know that i read... how are you doing today?

it isn't your fault that your friend is sick, even if his infection did come from your puppy. you couldn't have known that would happen, it was just a mistake. it sounds like his immune system is really poor at the moment, so it is likely that he could have gotten an infection even without your puppy, something else might have caused it if he was unlucky

do you have any friends or acquaintances near where your mom lives? it would be good to not move to your moms house and get isolated... staying active and social, even if it isn't with great friends, will hopefully help keep the negative feelings at bay, and keep you from ruminating on the girl you like or other things that bring you down...

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)