*nearly_there*

I am currently:
getting account deleted...

Please can I get my account deleted?

thanks.

*nearly_there* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
Sans Peur

why not change your password to some random letters that you wouldnt be able to guess which would mean you couldnt log in?

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

or just never come back.

take what you love
burn it down.

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
Wonderland.

Quote:
Can I delete my account?
No, you cannot delete your account. Harley, the webmaster, and Typsee, the Head Forum Mod, have the power to delete accounts - but they are very rarely deleted, and usually not just because a member has lost interest in the site. Depending on why you no longer want your account, there are a number of alternatives, such as changing your name and / or simply leaving the site.

You are also welcome to contact the moderators on moderators@recoveryourlife.com

Thats what it say in The Guide To RYL.
Hope that helps.

Amy x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 04:12 AM   #5
Stress Free Anxiety
Felicia

I am currently:

Just wanted to echo everyone else - best thing to do is to simply stop posting. If it's a security thing, change your name to a bunch of random numbers/letters, delete your posts, and stop posting.

=)

It's not because Harley, James, or Typsee are being picky or whatever (they are all pretty wicked awesome IMO) - they just have a LOT to do when it comes to the upkeep of the website.

Stress Free Anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #6
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

^its also to deter people from getting their account deleted and then changing their mind a few days later and asking for the account to be reinstated

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #7
typsee

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone
^its also to deter people from getting their account deleted and then changing their mind a few days later and asking for the account to be reinstated

^^ which is also NOT possible ... coz once an account is deleted, it absolutely CANNOT be resurrected if someone changes their mind .... even by Harley.

But I am perfectly happy to delete members' RYL accounts if they have good reason to want them deleted and are absolutely sure that this is what they want ... coz after they are deleted, they cant get them back!

typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #8
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

shouldnt have said that typs... here comes a shedload of work for you LOL!

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
James
RYL Systems Administrator

Yes, echoing Typsee's excellent post, you can also PM me if you need your account deleted.

You have to be ABSOLUTELY sure though. Also, it is worth my explaining that you cannot have your account deleted and keep your posts as well. Generally speaking, we will ALWAYS delete your posts along with your account. This keeps the database size reasonable and also prevents other members from being confused by 'Guest' posts which is what a member's posts become as soon as their is no user account associated with them.

The only exception to the above is if the admin / mod team feel that a member's posts have contributed an exceptional amount to the support of the community and therefore need to remain intact in order that other members can continue to benefit from them. Even then, the material is normally archived and reposted by other means.

James is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)