RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Kay Dee

Hi there

Hello,

Thank you for this forum.

It's not easy to introduce myself... I'm quite shy and English is not my first language.

Well, I am a woman, 36 years old. I am European.

I read a lot, I wrote a couple of books that have been published.
I love to travel, I went to the US, Canada, Russia, China, Mongolia and all over Europe. I travel a lot by foot.
I love to take pictures and to work on them. I am still learning how to, though...
I watch a lot of movies.
I am not very sporty but I like to ride my bicycle.

I used to self harm when I was a teenager until I was in my middle twenties. I have seen a psychologist and went better with time.

This month, I am moving out of my home because my boyfriend and I are separating. I thought it would be ok because we are talking about it since a long time and we are not angry at each others.

I am a teacher. I chose to be a locum teacher. I go to primary schools when somebody is sick or pregnant or in training to replace him or her.
I teach kids from two to twelve years old. But sometimes they send me in a special school with teenagers with special needs from twelve to eighteen. It's a kind of a youth educational detention center and it very hard for me to work at this place with these pupils.
I feel useless and unqualified, unskilled, incompetent...

Last time I worked at this place, I had a lot of problems with a specific class and with one pupil i, particular.
It made me feel really bad and useless.
I hurt myself and moreover I burnt the name of this pupil on my leg. At the time, it made me feel better but about one hour after, I realised what I made. I then felt really bad...
I tend to my wound but it became infected and I got scared. I waited way too long before I found the guts to show it to my doctor. He wasn't very nice with me and said a lot of bad things...
Now, I have a nurse coming home to tend to my wound every evening. It's not always the same and I feel terrible everytime I have to explain what it is.

Thank you for reading me, I needed to express myself !

Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Hi, welcome to RYL. I hope you find it helpful here. I'm sorry that things have been difficult for you recently. Do you have to teach at that particular school? Is there no way you can say that it affects you badly or maybe get some support to be able to work better there. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #3
Kay Dee

Hi,
Thank you

No, there is no way I can say "no" to going to work to this school... Once, I said I was ill. It was not a complete lie, I had a very bad stomach ache but I knew it was "only" fear. I went to the doctor and he said it was the first and last time he put me on sick leave for something so not serious...

Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)