RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
TW OD

Hi All

So last Friday I took a rather large OD on (items) and I have since regretted, however my parents are still away in Mexico and have no clue this has happened and it's happened numerous times in the past. The only person who knows is G and he's going to inform someone at his office as he technically has duty of care working for the NHS.

I want to tell someone like my doctor and my parents however, i am worried and concerned of what they may say and reprecussions. So I am wondering how I can right words and letting people know what's really happening in my life.
Can anyone help me?

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 20-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Have you had treatment for the OD? That's the priority here.

Beyond that, what thoughts and feelings led to you ODing? I think that's just as important as telling your doctors/parents what you did.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

In terms of thoughts there were none, i had the bad experience in the afternoon with the woman but when i got home i curled up on the sofa as i had done quite some walking and was knackered, and then around ten pm i just did it out of nowhere. i wasn't even thinking about anything or feeling anything.

in terms of the OD i didn't recieve treatment as nobody knew i had did something and i had only a told a friend on the Saturday (day after ) as i had been sick for a few hours.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 23-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #4
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

You need to get it checked out. Would you feel able to go and see a medical professional about this?

Old 23-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

it was over a week ago, they wouldn't be interested in something that happened over a week ago. i doubt they would care about me....i hate myself so much

Old 24-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I do think it would still be worth at least seeing your GP, just to be on the safe side. They would care.

Why do you hate yourself?

Old 28-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #7
Auror.
Camden

Agree with Jenna. Medical professionals would definitely still be interested. Especially depending on what it was, sometimes effects/damage can either build over time or have a delayed onset. They'd be able to best advise you, and even if things ARE okay from a medical/physical standpoint now, they could at least help reassure you of that and follow up to see you get whatever support it is you need for the mental health side of things.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I’m seeing my doctor next week and I’m going to mention it then.
I have agreed with g he can tell his office

Old 03-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #9
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I'm glad you're going to mention it to your doctor. That's definitely the right things to do.

Old 19-11-2018, 11:03 PM   #10
yoyogirl

I am currently:

So things are starting to improve, I have told my parents what’s been happening and my private psych is aware of the situation with the university and my GP, so I am in safe hands.
It took a lot of courage and determination to open and tell them, all within days of each other.

Old 24-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #11
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Well done for opening up and telling them. I’m so pleased to hear that things are starting to improve :)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)