RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
melodypond

I am currently:
Went to a psychiatrist-being started on Lamictal.

I finally went to a doctor. My mom came with me, into the psychiatrist's office too, and we talked about stuff. The doctor started off with considering ADHD, but it was just off. My symptoms and mood sings are more alike to Bipolar Disorder. He's starting me off on Lamictal. 25 for two weeks, then 50 until the bottle is gone. Then I take 100 each day.
What should I expect from the meds?
Has anyone else here taken this? What did you think of it?

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. - 11th Doctor

One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever comes to sit by it. Passersby see only a whisp of smoke rising from the chimney and continue on their way. (Vincent van Gogh)

Two of my favorite quotes.

melodypond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
baggyjeans

I am currently:

I was on that and was really happy with it. No side effects and it did its job. Hope it works for you.

baggyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Although you are on a lower dose it can cause sensitivity to sunlight so wear sun cream and stay out of the sun as much as possible.

I was on this for a few years, the lower doses helped my anxiety, sleep and I used it as PRN too I think.

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
melodypond

I am currently:

Thanks! All of this helps, I wasn't really expecting to be out on anything after one visit, so I don't know much about lamotrigine.

And I'll be sure to keep the sun thing in mind, especially with Summer starting up.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. - 11th Doctor

One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever comes to sit by it. Passersby see only a whisp of smoke rising from the chimney and continue on their way. (Vincent van Gogh)

Two of my favorite quotes.

melodypond is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)